Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Questions about the Visual Land Connect ( Android Version ICS)

Thanks

Question Questions about the Visual Land Connect ( Android Version ICS)

I just received this tablet today and was wondering if some of you professionals can answer a couple of questions for me: ( here goes nothing)
    1. Have you been able to download any apps from getjar? Specifically something that will replace google docs (drive) as I really want to root my tablet but I am scared crapless to brick it and then I will lose out on my hundred dollars. ( only a hundred dollars at walmart.com I ordered mine thursday night and got it today)
    2. Has anyone using getjar on their connect get stuck on a downloading screen that ends up telling you that the download was not successful?
    3. Is anyone having issues connect their facebook to tweetcaster?
    4. On my connect when writing any basic words I see all of my words are underlined in red saying it is misspelled. Simple words like connect, many, do, etc. Does any one know how to fix this problem or is there a dictionary app that I need to download?
    5. How do I take a screen shot on this tablet to upload it here to show you guys specifically what I am talking about?
    I greatly appreciate all of the info that you have provided here any any help is appreciated. Maybe when I get another 100 dollars I will buy another and try to root but as of right now this is my only and first tablet and I would like to use it for a while lol.

At Your Mercy, (lol)
    Belle Mae

Veteran
    Thanks
    Not sure about the rest, but doesn;t the Connect come rooted right out of the box, like all the other Allwinner tabs?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Not sure about the rest, but doesn;t the Connect come rooted right out of the box, like all the other Allwinner tabs?
    from what I am looking at no it doesn't come rooted...
    but then again what do I know I am the one asking the questions lol

Thanks
    I can confirm that it comes rooted. No worries about bricking your tablet, (almost) no matter what you do, we have the resources here that will allow you to fix it. Make CERTAIN that you have allowed for the installation of non-market apps by checking the box under
    Settings--> Security --> Unknown sources.
    This will let you install those apps from GetJar.
    deb likes this.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Macktion For This Useful Post:

Bellemae (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellemae View Post
    from what I am looking at no it doesn't come rooted...
    but then again what do I know I am the one asking the questions lol
    Root is not so much a visible difference from the norm as it is a type of "administrative access". I would be shocked if you could tell from looking at it. ;-)
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Macktion For This Useful Post:

Bellemae (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Under administrative access on the tablet it says nothing about a superuser access or anything so I was only assuming lol... But I do have unknown sources checked so that it will be allowed. Getjar app still doesn't work. I have alot of my normal apps already up and running was just having issues with tweetcaster trying to update in 1mobile but keeps getting stuck so it wont allow me to update to the new version to add my facebook and the problems that are listed above. One other question besides the ones listed from above is if it is comes out the box already rooted if I tamper with it even more then my warranty should still be valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Macktion View Post
    Root is not so much a visible difference from the norm as it is a type of "administrative access". I would be shocked if you could tell from looking at it. ;-)

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellemae View Post
    Under administrative access on the tablet it says nothing about a superuser access or anything so I was only assuming lol... But I do have unknown sources checked so that it will be allowed. Getjar app still doesn't work. I have alot of my normal apps already up and running was just having issues with tweetcaster trying to update in 1mobile but keeps getting stuck so it wont allow me to update to the new version to add my facebook and the problems that are listed above. One other question besides the ones listed from above is if it is comes out the box already rooted if I tamper with it even more then my warranty should still be valid?
    rooting does not require the superuser app. If you are having issues with 1mobile, try going in under manage apps and clear the cache and data. If that doesn;t work, go to 1mobile.com in the browser and download the app you need. But since both getjar and 1mobile have issues my guess is the cache or data.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

Bellemae (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Well, I posted my first thread asking exactly this question re: GetJar before I saw this thread. I too am very new as an Android tablet user. I posted here again because I too am running into problems w/GetJar. I think it is more of a problems w/GetJar than w/the tablets as I have seen numerous posts from different tablet buyers all having the same problem. GetJar won't download the apps it shows as available. I have a Visual Land Connect w/Ice Cream Sandwich and it keeps looking like it wants to download, but never does. I went into Security on the tablet and removed the protection and it still did nothing. I would love to add Google Market, but have not seen anyplace that is specific to the Visual Land tablet. I am wondering if the fix mentioned by Rabid1 worked as I see Bellemae thanked you. I did remove the Cache on GetJar, but was nervous about doing the same on the Data as it indicates "all will be removed permanently including files, settings, accounts, databases, etc."

Thanks
    Hello again. I think I have found the answer to my question. So, in case others might need it...here is the answer from Visual Land themselves. Found in the "frequently asked questions" section of their website. I'm hoping that one of the other App markets already pre-loaded will be my helper until I feel comfortable trying to figure out Google Market. I enjoy trying to figure these things out, but not to the point of total frustration!

Some of GetJar's download links point to Google Market. As this device does not support Google Market, any of those links will not work. So if you are encountering an error for a certain app on GetJar, it is most likely linking to Google Market. We recommend trying to download that app from one of the other previously mentioned markets.

deb
    Thanks
    I followed the how to (Macks) and put GPlay on mine....(my first tablet and first android)..I will say I had a few moments of not understanding some directions...but that's just me...lol..However, the drivers would not install...so I opted for the wireless ADB files...worked perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast