Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Troubleshoot Flashing ICS Firmware

Thanks

Post Troubleshoot Flashing ICS Firmware

UPDATE: Thanks to Macktion! He created a video tutorial to make it simple for those having similar problems flashing their devices. Here it is:

INSTRUCTIONS:

Quote Originally Posted by joeeee View Post
    Here are correct instructions:

1. Run Live Suit and select the IMG file you will be using to flash your tablet with
    2. Press the VOL+ button and hold it down as you connect your tablet to your computer via the USB
    3. While still holding down the VOL+ press the POWER button at least 10 times
    4. You should then hear the sounds your computer makes when a USB item is connected.
    5. You will be promted to select a method of flashing your tablet, you may now release the VOL+ button.
    Hope that helps!

---

ORIGINAL POST:

I've tried flashing my Prestige 7 using the instructions that came with the firmware I downloaded from your guys's website. I can't seem to get my tablet in to flash mode. I've followed the instructions correctly with the tablet on and off. It detected it better while 'on' I learned. I'm thinking I need to clear up the USB drivers. I read somewhere that, that helps. My desktop is pretty old, but it has 2.0 USB. I've also tried using my cousins laptop, which is practically new. So I don't necessarily think it's the USB speed. I would just like to know the correct button sequence to getting it in to flash mode. So, if anyone could help me, that would be great! Thanks!

P.S. I have both LiveSuit.exe and PhonenixUSBPro.exe installed along with ADB.exe. I haven't had them all running at the same time incase someone asks. And I've already taken the appropriate steps to uninstalling and installing drivers when necessary. I've tried several methods to no avail.
    Last edited by RANTiSocial; 06-16-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks
    I was browsing the other threads and found the correct button sequence instructions I needed. I hope it works *fingers crossed* Here are the instructions, incase anyone else needs them:

For Windows XP:

1. Power off the tablet
    2. Plug tablet into PC
    3. Run Livesuit and pick the image file you wish to use. The program will go to the 0% screen.
    4.Hold down the volume down button (-) and continue to hold it.
    5. Press the power button for just a second or two. (This can be tricky, too long and the tablet reboots.)
    6.Now quickly press and release the power button 3 or 4 times. You will hear two connect sounds and Livesuit should prompt you twice to start the image. You can release the volume down and continue. Your tablet will now flash.

Thanks

1. Run Live Suit and select the IMG file you will be using to flash your tablet with
    2. Press the VOL+ button and hold it down as you connect your tablet to your computer via the USB
    4. You should then hear the sounds your computer makes when a USB item is connected.
    5. You will be promted to select a method of flashing your tablet, you may now release the VOL+ button.
    RANTiSocial likes this.
    Weapons of Mass Consumption: iPhone 4 | Visual Land Prestige 7 | MacBook Pro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joeeee For This Useful Post:

RANTiSocial (06-15-2012)

Veteran
    Thanks

The 1st instructions are correct, yours are just different. You do have to hold the power for a few seconds to activate bootstrap mode on the first press, too fast and it won't. It will also initialize by the 3rd or 4th press when done correctly. The actual instructions from Livesuit tell you to attach the pad and go into bootstrap mode then run Livesuit and select the image. I changed that because on many systems when you set the pad up 1st, Livesuit will go to the 0% screen and nothing happens, you then have to disconnect the tablet, reconnect it and if that doesn't start the image you have to start over completely, sometimes even rebooting the computer to get Livesuit to run properly again.
    RANTiSocial likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

RANTiSocial (06-15-2012)

Thanks

A Problem

Okay, I swear it's one thing after another with this tablet. GOOD NEWS: The driver installed when I did the button sequence. BAD NEWS: I forgot to run LiveSuit.exe first. And now my tablet will not even turn on. I'm assuming it's in flash mode, but I don't know how to get it out of it. When I press the 'power' button even for an extended period of time. Still nothing. What now? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks
    Success! Scratch my last remarks. I plugged the tablet back in via USB. It attempted to install the USB drivers again. I allowed those to install again. Then I ran LiveSuit.exe (or I think it was already up). Anyways, I can't remember whether I plugged in the USB a second time or not in order to get LiveSuit to detect it on start the format pop-up. Anywho, the dialogue pop-up appeared and I clicked 'Yes' or 'Ok' twice and it formatted it. I wasn't sure I could let go of the (+) Volume-Up yet, so I just held it the whole time, then clicked the 'Ok' when it finished. And then proceeded to power the tablet up and it seems to have worked. The tablet even began to install other apps I had previously to screwing up my tablet. Woohoo! I'll give an update as soon as I get to test it out and see if there's any bugs.

Thanks
    Thanks Joe Your method worked perfectly, except for my little mishap. But it all worked out in the end. I even installed the Google Play Store on it. Everything seems to be running smoothly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RANTiSocial View Post
    Thanks Joe Your method worked perfectly, except for my little mishap. But it all worked out in the end. I even installed the Google Play Store on it. Everything seems to be running smoothly.
    I love happy endings!
    RANTiSocial likes this.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    Yep. I'm a happy camper right now. Patience sure does pay off!

Thanks
    Tell you what, I will make and upload a video tutorial tonight. If you want to, you can embed it in post one of this thread.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads