Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor customizatios for the Prestige 7" ICS

Veteran
    Thanks

Minor customizatios for the Prestige 7" ICS

Since I can't make the letter bigger in the title THIS MOD IS FOR THE PRESTIGE 7 WITH ICS 4.0.3. PLEASE READ A WHOLE THREAD BEFORE TRYING ANY MOD!!!!!

Standard Disclaimer:

If by using this mod the world comes to and end, or you are suddenly sucked back in time only to accidentally kill your grandfather leaving your future uncertain, I take no responsibility for the consequences. Oh yeah. same thing if it screws up your tablet. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Download LINK

After a little discussion with Macktion about the potential for custom roms and development on the Visual Land Prestige now that the firmware is available, I put together a small mod just to show some things that can be done. Included:
    Some new system icons edited into framework-res and SystemUI - battery, USB, WiFi status and a few others
    Minor WiFi tweaks
    New bootanimation
    Memory tweaks cooked into services.jar using ICS OOM Priority Charger
    I have also included a backup of all the stock files so you can restore them if you have any issues.

I didn't include a build.prop because since I don;t have the actual pad, just another pad running the firmware I figured they are easy enough to find.

To install this you will need to have the Android ADB Drivers installed on your PC and USB debugging enabled on the tablet. Just unzip it to a folder on your PC, then run the push.cmd by double clicking. If you see any errors open a command prompt in the folder you unzipped to and run
    Code:
    adb devices
    . If no device is found make sure your PC is seeing the tablet and recheck USB debugging.

If that doesn't work try installing ADB Wireless. Once installed run ADB Wireless and add the IP and port from ADB Wireless to the end of this in command prompt and hit enter
    Code:
    adb connect xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxxx
    EXAMPLE:
    Code:
    adb connect 192.168.2.145:5555
    re-run the push.cmd.

There is an identical push file in the backup folder to restore stock files.

Props to the UOT Kitchen for some of the icons used, the original creator of the boot animation, whoever that may be and the creators of the OOM editor.
    Last edited by Macktion; 07-03-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

lostnthenet (11-30-2012), Macktion (06-07-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for this post, just tweeted it for ya.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post
    Thanks for this post, just tweeted it for ya.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, fortunately these Allwinners are so close you can swap firmware. I didnl;t want to do anything to crazy since there are minor differences but at least everybody can get an idea of what they can do or can be done.

Thanks
    I just ran this new tweaked version on my Prestige 7. I will play with it for a few days and report back, but so far, so good.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    So far it has been great. Much smoother performance from start-up and a bit better speed overall.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktion View Post
    So far it has been great. Much smoother performance from start-up and a bit better speed overall.

Cool. It just goes to show how a little tweaking can make a big difference. What is nice about the Allwinner A10 is all the specs are basically the same on these so as more tweaks come about they can be used "universally" .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Standard Disclaimer:

If by using this mod the world comes to and end, or you are suddenly sucked back in time only to accidentally kill your grandfather leaving your future uncertain, I take no responsibility for the consequences. Oh yeah. same thing if it screws up your tablet. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Download LINK

After a little discussion with Macktion about the potential for custom roms and development on the Visual Land Prestige now that the firmware is available, I put together a small mod just to show some things that can be done. Included:
    Some new system icons edited into framework-res and SystemUI - battery, USB, WiFi status and a few others
    Minor WiFi tweaks
    New bootanimation
    Memory tweaks cooked into services.jar using ICS OOM Priority Charger
    I have also included a backup of all the stock files so you can restore them if you have any issues.

I didn't include a build.prop because since I don;t have the actual pad, just another pad running the firmware I figured they are easy enough to find.

To install this you will need to have the Android ADB Drivers installed on your PC and USB debugging enabled on the tablet. Just unzip it to a folder on your PC, then run the push.cmd by double clicking. If you see any errors open a command prompt in the folder you unzipped to and run
    Code:
    adb devices
    . If no device is found make sure your PC is seeing the tablet and recheck USB debugging.

If that doesn't work try installing ADB Wireless. Once installed run ADB Wireless and add the IP and port from ADB Wireless to the end of this in command prompt and hit enter
    Code:
    adb connect xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxxx
    EXAMPLE:
    Code:
    adb connect 192.168.2.145:5555
    re-run the push.cmd.

There is an identical push file in the backup folder to restore stock files.

Props to the UOT Kitchen for some of the icons used, the original creator of the boot animation, whoever that may be and the creators of the OOM editor.

i did this to the T and it worked. i bought my wife a least expensive tablet because she doesnt do a lot of things on it, but these tweaks and icons are freak'n sweet. i have a acer iconia a100 and i wish i had those cool icons. thanks for posting this. 100% satisfied!!! you da man!

Veteran
    Thanks
    So you have Honeycomb, but you can do this too. It can be as difficult as creating your own icons and replacing existing icons in systemui and framework-res, easy as taking icons from different existing files and replacing them, or a little more difficult by using images and icons you can download as freeware then convert them to use. What I did to start is unzip the apk into a folder, then go through the res folder looking at all the images taking the ones I wanted or changing them. YOu can change the default bot image, the flashing android to a custom logo. It can be simple or total. All I use is Paint, Gimp, and 7zip.

Thanks

Prestige 7

Just picked up my Visual Land Prestige 7 yesterday at Fry's for $119.99 and installed last night. Works great would like to see you do more. There is one thing I would like to know is can I change the boot animation. Thanks for your work.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbushjr56 View Post
    Just picked up my Visual Land Prestige 7 yesterday at Fry's for $119.99 and installed last night. Works great would like to see you do more. There is one thing I would like to know is can I change the boot animation. Thanks for your work.
    Yes it's pretty simply. Find a boot animation your like and replace it with the one I put in the zip. Then just run the install again. You can go into the cmd file and isolate the line for pushing the boot animation by placing a # sign in front of all the other lines except the adb push and adb shell for the boot animation. But just running the whole thing with a new bootanimation.zip won't hurt anything.

Not having the tablet I can do a little more, but it's hard to dump all the testing on you guys, so I don't like going too crazy. Nice thing is the tablets are next to impossible to kill.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast