Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prestige 7 Gplay and Skype tutorial

Thanks

Prestige 7 Gplay and Skype tutorial

The issues that this thread was started to fix have been fixed by the efforts of others.
    However, I get frequent PMs from people who have botched this process (by not reading the directions) and I have made a much better explanation of the process in another thread.

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/visual-land-tablets/5363-visual-land-tablets-google-play.html

There you will find the appropriate files, and the proper process. Please look to that thread if you want to add the Google Market to your device.

Please read each step carefully before starting the process.

Happy Modding!
    Last edited by Macktion; 09-04-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    Just an FYI, Skype (or the appstores you have installed) may ask you to upgrade. This is the only version that works properly with Skype at this time. The latest version works but puts some pink or green lines across the screen.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Hopefully Skype will not go the way Netflix did and force people to update from perfectly working clients to broken clients.

First Post
    Thanks
    Hello,

When I run the Google Play script, but after my P7 reboots I still dont see Google Play. I do notice that now my power control toggle has a bluetooth button which obviously wont work....but still no google play.

When running the script, I notice messages like

"cannot stat 'ICS\s4\ApexLauncher.apk': no such file or directory"
    "Unable to chmod '/system/app/ApexLauncher.apk: no such file or directory"

and when I look at the extracted files I am using I see that the folders dont contain these items.

*The link to the Goolge Play script in this thread is no longer working, so I am using one I found on a YouTube video and starting to think its not complete.

Can anyone please provide me with the full Google Play script please??
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    I'm on it. if nothing else, ill make sure to send it to you directly at around 7 mst.

Thanks
    OK hunter, the link in the first post should be working now. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. This should have all of the files that you need.
    Last edited by Macktion; 07-08-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks
    I have done everything this tutorial tells me to do, and when I run the 3.google-play.bat file I get to the cmd. I click any key, press c and enter, and I still get the screen that says ADB is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. It asks if I want to Annihilate the built in chinese apps. I have installed adb and the usb drivers. In device manager I see android phone with android ADB Interface under it. I have followed all of the steps and can not get the play store to load. Can anyone help me?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislvb View Post
    I have done everything this tutorial tells me to do, and when I run the 3.google-play.bat file I get to the cmd. I click any key, press c and enter, and I still get the screen that says ADB is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. It asks if I want to Annihilate the built in chinese apps. I have installed adb and the usb drivers. In device manager I see android phone with android ADB Interface under it. I have followed all of the steps and can not get the play store to load. Can anyone help me?
    Go into the directory you unzipped this to and make sure the adb.exe is there with the two .dll files. instead of clicking the bat file. Open a command prompt and type the name of the bat file look for errors then.

First Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislvb View Post
    I'm getting just about the same results. If I remove the 'cls' commands from the script and look at the run in a DOS window, I see multiple instances of "error: device not found". I've gone through the device driver install steps (even deleting all the related drivers from my PC and installing from scratch), but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

First Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterln View Post
    Hello,

When I run the Google Play script, but after my P7 reboots I still dont see Google Play. I do notice that now my power control toggle has a bluetooth button which obviously wont work....but still no google play.

When running the script, I notice messages like

"cannot stat 'ICS\s4\ApexLauncher.apk': no such file or directory"
    "Unable to chmod '/system/app/ApexLauncher.apk: no such file or directory"

and when I look at the extracted files I am using I see that the folders dont contain these items.

*The link to the Goolge Play script in this thread is no longer working, so I am using one I found on a YouTube video and starting to think its not complete.

Can anyone please provide me with the full Google Play script please??
    Thanks in advance!
    I am getting these same results with multiple "cannot stat 'ICS\.......' " messages. I am wondering if I did something wrong or if it was a script problem. Wondering if some one might be able to help me out and get this running?
    Last edited by McMman; 07-19-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads