Thread: prestige 10D wont turn on after charging help!

Thanks

prestige 10D wont turn on after charging help!

i was charging my tablet turned it off properly now it wont turn on how do i fix this?

Thanks
    Aside from my charging solution on my 4.2 firmware thread here. Here are other suggestions to 'save' this zombie tablet - At least mine is currently. Visual land people if you are reading this and my method works.... YOU OWE ME.

My current obsession project is to turn my zombie tablet into a walking dead... LOL! I read somewhere you need to put your charger in the ziplock and put it in the freezer. Forgot how long but what I did just now is put BOTH my zombie tablet and charger in the refrigerator. 30 mins. or so. When I got back the tablet and charger from the ref. It is cold and kinda wet coz I didn't even bother to put it in ziplock. I let it rest on room temp.

Charge it again and as of now, for only charging it for 5 minutes, my zombie tablet didn't turn off right away when I unplugged it. It stayed on for a minute or so. So now my zombie tablet will be charged overnight.

I also used battery repair app I found on google play.

I will report my battery 'reawakening' experiment tomorrow after I charged my tablet overnight.

Thanks
    I am happy to report. As of now, my tablet is charging. 12% so far the last time I checked. I charged it overnight. Not what I expect but still some progress. What I've done so far:

1. Put both my tablet and charger in the refrigerator NOT the freezer for less than 30 minutes. Let it rest in room temp.
    2. Use a battery repair and calibration app.
    3. Since wall charging won't charge the tablet, I first tried charging via USB connected to PC with tablet turned on. When I woke up, I saw the battery has 12%. So I turned the tablet off. Continued charging via USB but plugged to AC outlet this time. I'm happy to report before I go to post my update here, the charging indicator now is not completely empty!! For the first time in 6 months!! My tablet charging indicator is showing the battery is ACTUALLY charging!!!!

Important note:

Make sure the USB port you use in the tablet is the OTB charger port not the USB host port.

What can I say? I'm THAT amazing....

Visual land people if you're reading this, you owe me a check. (I wish I'm kidding. .. )

I therefore conclude, if your tablet is having charging issues. I suggest you start charging it via USB in the OTB charger port.

And visual land people, I have an idea on your next tablet if you plan to make a new tablet and I suggest you do and make changes on charging port design. If you don't get my hint, I can tell you but you have to pay me.
    Last edited by miolover; 09-08-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Veteran
    Thanks
    USB charging is more for keeping the battery from losing charge while connected with to the PC. The tablet needs 5V 2A to charge if I remember correctly. The USB only puts out 5V 1A. There are after market chargers the do 5V 2A USB. If you have to charge USB tablet off is the way to go.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    USB charging is more for keeping the battery from losing charge while connected with to the PC. The tablet needs 5V 2A to charge if I remember correctly. The USB only puts out 5V 1A. There are after market chargers the do 5V 2A USB. If you have to charge USB tablet off is the way to go.
    Yap. Just got home and I can confirm I have successfully reawakened my dead battery. I left my tablet charging via USB plugged in AC outlet, turned off. When I got home I was elated to see full green battery icon!! - That I have not seen in a loooooooooong time.

I turned it on and it is 100%. I use my tablet for the first time in a looong time unplugged!!! Wow. So for now, I will charge my tablet via USB plugged in AC outlet.

*I was so impressed by my experiment success that I did the same with my laptop PC, that has display problems but I think the problem is connected with battery and overheating. I put my laptop PC in the ref for less than 30 minutes and I hope the display problem will go way like in this tablet.

Thanks
    Are the developers still interested in this thread? I want to install winCE on this tablet. What's the proper way to do it? I will do it eventually with or without your help. But anyone interested you know you can pitch in.

Remove Ads