Thread: Visual Land Prestige 10 charging issue

First Post
    Thanks

Visual Land Prestige 10 charging issue

I received a visual land prestige 10 tablet from tigerdirect.com for Christmas. It has worked great for the last week. A few days ago, I unplugged it from charging and it immediately turns off and will not turn back on unless it is plugged in. While plugged in it says that the tablet is 100% charged. I have done a factory data reset on it and that did not help. What else can I try? Please Help!

Veteran
    Thanks
    Sounds like you have a bad battery, I would contact tigerdirect about a replacement.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Thanks
    wow i came here to complain about battery issue too, LOL. OP beat me to it. Mine is still under warranty I think have it 6 months or less. it's odd. I charge it while I am using it and i monitor the charging. it does charge but it seems like after charging it 10-15% it then discharges it while I am still technically charging because it is plugged.

I think though my problem started because if I see batt indicator hit 80% then I plug it to charge while I am using it then if I see like even only 99% I pull the plug out.

Been doing it for maybe a week until instead of charging it it discharges the battery. Now what I do is completely discharge it then charge it while off.

Gonna do that from now on I guess. Until the charging get its mojo back... honestly this tablet is frustrating it's cheap so what else can you really expect.

guess where i bought mine? yes tiger direct only not online. There's a warehouse near me.
    Last edited by miolover; 01-06-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Thanks
    I can confirm this issue is not the battery. The charging issue is on the AC charging port. I just tried charging again via AC adapter and it has not charged. But when I charged via USB plugged on AC outlet, the tablet is charging. Just takes a freaking long time to charge but the charging issue is NOT the battery!!!

If you have charging issue on this tablet just charge on the OTG/charge USB port. Don't even bother trying to charge on AC adapter. That's the one that's fried!

I've the same problem as the OP as you can see from my previous post but I found the culprit on the charging issue. I actually am gonna return the samsung tab 4 I bought as replacement for this cheap tablet coz I think this tablet belongs in the trash but I found a solution for their charging issue.
    Last edited by miolover; 09-12-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miolover View Post
    I can confirm this issue is not the battery. The charging issue is on the AC charging port. I just tried charging again via AC adapter and it has not charged. But when I charged via USB plugged on AC outlet, the tablet is charging. Just takes a freaking long time to charge but the charging issue is NOT the battery!!!

If you have charging issue on this tablet just charge on the OTG/charge USB port. Don't even bother trying to charge on AC adapter. That's the one that's fried!
    You can't assume the problem is the same for every one. Similar symptoms can have totally different causes.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

Remove Ads