Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who else has a Blackberry Playbook?

Thanks
    honestly i had done the root and loaded 2.0 and cyanogen mod. i was not very impressed. overall its a very quality tablet.if we could build a rom for it id be all over keeping this tablet....but i have really come to love android and what it offers. having the android player just didnt cut it for me. the apps would need to be repackaged to work and not everything would work.
    Mike
    Notion Ink LCD WiFi/3G adam - For Sale if interested

Please help me stay married, Novo 7 Super IPS Screen (Purchase for review)

Regular
    Thanks
    I am contemplating to buy the Playbook to use with my company Blackberry. So it is easier to read my company e-mail. And use it for productivity such as Evernote. indeed my worry is lack of apps. For example Kindle is not available on Blackberry market for Non US persons

What I learned indeed is that quality of screen is excellent. But disadvantage of 7inch screen is with web browsing you are expecting to view complete web page and not part of it. How is that for you?

The alternative is to install Good technology on my Adam, but for that the device is not to be rooted. And my Adam is still under repair for broken glass and I really start missing it to read my work literature, PDFs etc. Hos is reading PDF on PLaybook? Lots of scrolling?
    Adam since 31 March 2011. Switched from Beast 2.2.1 to HC 16New June 20th to HC16New-KV2 July 1st, to Adamcomb v0.1 8 July, Cromnia beta 3 (Beast) 10 July, needed camera, 3 August AC03. January 2012 Adam for repair to Germany due to broken glass, still working after fall 2 feb 2012 Blackberry Playbook, fantastic love it. Adam returned glass repaired installed Icescream 4 Beta works excellent, changed to Jelly Bean beta WOW!

Regular
    Thanks

I ordered a playbook

I took the plunge and just ordered a BB Playbook on the blackberry website. A 32GB for 249 euro!! So this is below the custom threshold so I expect no taxes when delivered. My Adam is still lost in the mail somewhere in Germany so will take at least month before it is found and it will be repaired. And I really miss a tablet now. So this sounded like a good alternative and with the new prices a pretty good deal.

I read a lot of praise on build quality of Playbook and quality of the screen. The bridge functionality sounds pretty good to me for work e-mails. Better than the alternative my work offers with bring your own device with Good Services to access corporate mail and calendar.I can then just keep my blackberry in my pocket and use Bluetooth to do my mail on the tablet. And the company pays.

With the 2.0 firmware to be expected 15 February more and more Android apps will become available.

I am interested in your experiences especially in dealing with corporate mail. Please let me know whether I made the right choice.
    Adam since 31 March 2011. Switched from Beast 2.2.1 to HC 16New June 20th to HC16New-KV2 July 1st, to Adamcomb v0.1 8 July, Cromnia beta 3 (Beast) 10 July, needed camera, 3 August AC03. January 2012 Adam for repair to Germany due to broken glass, still working after fall 2 feb 2012 Blackberry Playbook, fantastic love it. Adam returned glass repaired installed Icescream 4 Beta works excellent, changed to Jelly Bean beta WOW!

Regular
    Thanks

bought it love playbook bye bye adam

yesterday stuck on airport of Edinburgh for 6 hr due to snow on Amsterdam Schiphol. there playbook with fantastic disount of 76 gbp. so bought 32 gb for 249 euro. and I canceled my online order for which I had to wait 7 days and 10 euro more expensive.

so now have it for 12 hr and love it very much. so my adam will be for the kids.Screen quality is fantastic. flash no problem. and actually I like the bridge very much to do my corporate email. much better than on small bb screen.size 7 inch screen is actually also much better as I expected. Very easy to hanlde on your lap. holding it is a delight. the back is some kind of smooth rubber, which gives a very nice grip.

the best is that in 12 days will be os upgrade so you can have acces to android markthat was also the reason for special discount. so if you want one buy it now

Banned
    Thanks
    I have a Blackberry Playbook Tablet and I was thinking that you are lucky one who gets Blackberry Playbook with some discounts. This device has unbelievable features and it's touch sounds like very amazing and you will never feel and getting worried when you are using this device. Blackberry Playbook is better than any other cheap tablets or also its and extraordinary device.

Thanks
    Playbook 64gb 250
    Super tab
    PQi G3 WiFi GPS Microphone
    Benchmark 2272
    JB Beta1

Playbook 64gb

Regular
    Thanks
    Currys in the UK are selling the Playbook starting at 129 for the 16gb version. I have an Android tablet, and my partner has an ipad. Would the Playbook be,worth getting as an extra device for each of us, and is it good value at that price?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads