Thread: Replacement 10.1" Digitizer Screen

Thanks

Replacement 10.1" Digitizer Screen

Hi
    I don't know if this is off-topic or not, so please move me if required, admin.
    My Sumvision Cyclone Voyager-BT (rebadged PiPo, I believe) landed on the floor, cracking the digitizer screen. Everything still works fine, but there is no touch-screen control at all.
    I need to buy a replacement. Can anyone please advise me where I can buy such a thing? Sumvision here in the UK tells me that they don't keep stock of the screens at present but "may hold replacement items in the future". Fat lot of good that is!!
    If anyones interested, I took pictures of the insides as I removed the old screen. Maybe someone can advise me?
    Thanks
    Sumvision Cyclone Voyager I, 10.1" dual-core and Sumvision Cyclone Voyager II, 10.1" quad-core. Both running Android 4.1.1. Soon to be Android 4.2!! Sumvision is a version of Pipo.

Veteran
    Thanks
    The easiest way is to look on e-bay or other online used sales and look for bricked or broken ones. The biggest problem is even with the part number most time if you find the part it is more than the tablet is worth.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE
    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Nook HD + Dual Boot Android & Nook OS
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 stock
    2 HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    2 UG007B Android stick
    Amazon FireTV set top box
    Elocity A7+ Evilocoty Rabid ROM Android 2.2
    Skytex Pocket Primer Rooted 2.2
    Skytex 7" Gemini Rabid ROM 4.0.4
    MK802 Mini Android Rabid ROM Beta
    Dragon Touch MID907IPS ICS 4.0.4 Rabid ROM

Thanks
    Hi, and thanks for the reply.
    I bought a broken voyager 1 non-BT on ebay, and changed the screens over. Sadly, it appears to be the wrong screen for my tablet. It works very erratically, and in appearance there are differences between the 2. It would seem that consistency of components is the hidden time-bomb that consumers need to be aware of. It also says little for the marketing companies operating here in the UK, if they carry NO spares. Are tablets to be considered a disposable? At 135.00, it seems someone has a license to print money!!
    Sumvision Cyclone Voyager I, 10.1" dual-core and Sumvision Cyclone Voyager II, 10.1" quad-core. Both running Android 4.1.1. Soon to be Android 4.2!! Sumvision is a version of Pipo.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catnamedog View Post
    Hi, and thanks for the reply.
    I bought a broken voyager 1 non-BT on ebay, and changed the screens over. Sadly, it appears to be the wrong screen for my tablet. It works very erratically, and in appearance there are differences between the 2. It would seem that consistency of components is the hidden time-bomb that consumers need to be aware of. It also says little for the marketing companies operating here in the UK, if they carry NO spares. Are tablets to be considered a disposable? At 135.00, it seems someone has a license to print money!!

You can get any parts numbers from the digitizer and google search, post here an I am sure we can help look, but like I said it will probably be expensive. As far as mining parts it has to be from the exact same model, unless you know for certain an exact clone. There are often small upgrades models as well. Say a A uses "goodnuff" firmware. So does tablet B. But that does not mean the components are identical, only they use the same drivers. That is why I say exact.That BT mean variances in the hardwar. It would be nice if they were all more mudular to a standard like with PC components.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE
    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Nook HD + Dual Boot Android & Nook OS
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 stock
    2 HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    2 UG007B Android stick
    Amazon FireTV set top box
    Elocity A7+ Evilocoty Rabid ROM Android 2.2
    Skytex Pocket Primer Rooted 2.2
    Skytex 7" Gemini Rabid ROM 4.0.4
    MK802 Mini Android Rabid ROM Beta
    Dragon Touch MID907IPS ICS 4.0.4 Rabid ROM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    You can get any parts numbers from the digitizer and google search, post here an I am sure we can help look, but like I said it will probably be expensive. As far as mining parts it has to be from the exact same model, unless you know for certain an exact clone. There are often small upgrades models as well. Say a A uses "goodnuff" firmware. So does tablet B. But that does not mean the components are identical, only they use the same drivers. That is why I say exact.That BT mean variances in the hardwar. It would be nice if they were all more mudular to a standard like with PC components.
    Below is a picture of my cracked Sumvision Cyclone 10.1 tablet, bought from:
    Sumvision Cyclone Voyager Tablet PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com

I've been searching online for days to find the touch screen/digitizer for it, but I've had no luck. I have opened up the tablet to search for part numbers. The LCD has a part number but there is nothing at all on the digitizer.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help find the correct touch screen/digitizer for this.

Cracked_Screen.jpg

Thanks

This may help people who are in my position.

I managed to source the correct touch screen (digitizer) for my Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 10.1 BT from China. The part number for my one is 300-L4052A-C00-V1.0

This is where I bought it from: ?????? ??? 10.1? ?? ??? ??:300-L4052A-C00

Engtaobao.com is an agent for Taobao.com, the touch screen is actually listed on the Taobao.com website. Engtaobao.com buy your item from Taobao.com and then ship it to you. They make a little commission out of it.

It cost me 32.69 including delivery to the UK. Be prepared to pay twice, once for the item and shipping from Taobao.com to Engtaobao.com and then shipping from Engtaobao.com to where ever you are.

Once I had the touch screen, I replaced it myself. Just make sure you are buying the correct one before ordering and make sure both sides, inside and outside, are clean on the new touch screen before replacing it.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.