Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: review of Ainol Novo 7 Advanced and upgrading it to ICS

  1. #21
    First Post
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dear dizimatt... i think i lost your step for number iii and v,..could you please to add what this step for.... thanks a lot bro

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tubagoez_72 View Post
    dear dizimatt... i think i lost your step for number iii and v,..could you please to add what this step for.... thanks a lot bro
    sorry tubagoez_72 I believe all the steps are actually listed, I was just getting a bit mixed up with the numbering
    I'll correct the post now

    cheers
    DM

  3. #23
    First Post
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy

    I'm trying to update my Ainol Novo7 Advanced to ICS and having a heck of a time with it... I don't know if my USB drivers are hosed, or if LiveSuit v1.07 is just broken.

    What should my Windows 7 Pro x64 device manager look like when I plug a virgin Novo7A into the USB port? What about when I plug the Novo7A in DFU mode (Vol+ with 5 power pushes)? How do I know if my USB drivers are working?

    If my drivers are working, why is LiveSuit not installing any firmwares?

    A couple tutorials I've tried to use to update: One Two Three

    Details from my device:

    Model number:
    - Novo7Advanced
    Android version:
    - 2.3.4
    Baseband version:
    - 2.0
    Kernel version:
    - 2.6.36-android
    - weng@Exdroid #11
    Build number:
    - crane_aino-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.weng.20111125.135834 test-keys

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    help please?
    i'm having the hardest time getting to the point where livesuit asks for "forced format" & then asks again "if i'm sure to force format?"
    any ideas of what i am doing wrong?

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    IMO I seem to have found the best ICS rom build so far.
    the build on this thread seems to have issues, I've had to rebuild it three times so far, and that's really not acceptable

    I've been testing out the different ics roms for this novo7a and this is the best by far! working perfectly and stands up to all the tests so far :

    directions/requirements:

    The directions in the following slatedroid thread ([Firmware] Novo7a Leaked ICS beta build - SlateDroid.com) contains links to the actual ics rom, and you may have to reinstall the drivers from here (I had to): WAI's Novo7 Advanced Help Thread - SlateDroid.com

    There is also a seperate gapps script that you will need to run in order to enable the market and pe-install other apps script thread: [SCRIPTS] - Created by lordsbm for various firmware versions - SlateDroid.com <-- use the one specified for "all Allwinner A10 tablets ICS firmware" (download folder link here: Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire - script link: lordsbm allwinner a10 script for ics firmware 20120104.zip )

    give it a try I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm now confident in this one enough to use it as a proper HDMI mediaplayer

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjenkins View Post
    help please?
    i'm having the hardest time getting to the point where livesuit asks for "forced format" & then asks again "if i'm sure to force format?"
    any ideas of what i am doing wrong?
    that's ok, it just a asks you the second question as a kind of confirmation that you are sure whether you want to do the force format - just select "yes" whenever flashing the roms, you really should do a full format anyway, if you don't unpredictable results can occur while running ICS

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calab View Post
    I'm trying to update my Ainol Novo7 Advanced to ICS and having a heck of a time with it... I don't know if my USB drivers are hosed, or if LiveSuit v1.07 is just broken.

    What should my Windows 7 Pro x64 device manager look like when I plug a virgin Novo7A into the USB port? What about when I plug the Novo7A in DFU mode (Vol+ with 5 power pushes)? How do I know if my USB drivers are working?

    If my drivers are working, why is LiveSuit not installing any firmwares?

    A couple tutorials I've tried to use to update: One Two Three

    Details from my device:

    Model number:
    - Novo7Advanced
    Android version:
    - 2.3.4
    Baseband version:
    - 2.0
    Kernel version:
    - 2.6.36-android
    - weng@Exdroid #11
    Build number:
    - crane_aino-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.weng.20111125.135834 test-keys
    in my experience, the best thing to do is to go into the device manager, browse to the usb device representing the novo7a. If the device is marked with an exclamation mark or similar then you will need to apply the driver to that device
    then go through the properties for the device, apply the driver to it - you can find the driver from the extracted drivers zip downlods that you should have downloaded previously

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Installation using a mac?

    This is a great thread, but I'm wondering whether there is a way of installing using a Mac. As far as I can tell, LiveSuite won't work on Mac.

    I've tried using a solution where I have downloaded an update file and try to run it from my SD card. That doesn't work, so I'm thinking I might need some other solution.

  9. #29
    TR ELITE TEAM blazingwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 288 Times in 120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsharwood View Post
    This is a great thread, but I'm wondering whether there is a way of installing using a Mac. As far as I can tell, LiveSuite won't work on Mac.

    I've tried using a solution where I have downloaded an update file and try to run it from my SD card. That doesn't work, so I'm thinking I might need some other solution.
    Try a VM and run windows in it.
    In fire and EMS? Check the Play Store for my current apps Code Log and Pumper calc.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alas. I wish I had one. I have an old toshiba laptop at work I'm going to try using tomorrow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 08:34 AM
  2. Another Thrive Review
    By dalepl in forum Device Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
  3. Red It for Touchpad - a review
    By MitchSamuels in forum WebOS Devices
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 10:45 PM
  4. Upgrading from VegaComb BETA 1.7
    By TheJasonParker in forum Vega ROM Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 06:27 AM
  5. Eden 1.5 Review
    By bobert in forum Adam General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 11:40 AM

Search tags for this page

ainol novo 7 advanced firmware upgrade

,
ainol novo 7advanced root procedure
,

download android for ainol novo 7 advance

,

how to re install ics on my ainol 7 advanced ii

,

novo 7 advanced

,

novo 7 advanced best rom

,

novo 7 advanced firmware

,

novo 7 advanced update

,

update novo 7 advanced

,
upgrading ainol novo 7 basic to android 4.0
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •