Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [ROM] CM7 for Nook Tablet

Thanks
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    I am trying to unbork/unbrick my NT with the R3 card. Since I can't get out of Clockworkmod, no matter how many times I reboot, is this going to work for me? I have tried everything under the sun so far and this is kind of my last hope. I can get the image written to the sd card in the nook but once I turn it off and back on, I get an error message saying that the sd card couldn't be mounted and it can't find the image at all. I am going to work through putting the card together again to see if I did it 100% right, but I am beginning to think that I just threw $250.00 plus tax away!

After writing the image to the sd card, I unmount usb storage and the sd card, turn off the nook, plug it up and it goes into CWM. I don't know if it is booting to CWM on the card or the internal memory. Then when I try to install the zip file, it says E:Can't mount /sdcard/. Any ideas what is going wrong for me? Help?
    Last edited by techienana; 03-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks
    U try the recovery rom?
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    <-- going to try it now!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
    Ok, maybe there's something terribly wrong with my NT. I placed the zip file on an sd card and inserted the card into the NT. I then chose the zip file from the sd card and this is what I got:

Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Installation aborted.

Any ideas on what could be wrong and how I could get this zip file to work?

Then again maybe there's something terribly wrong with me! I am going to retry by entering CWM using the sd card that I made from your instructions.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
    No go!
    I have been able to get the Acclaim zip file to install but every time it finishes it says no sd-ext.img found and that it is skipping restore of sd-ext and there is no sd-ext. Would this be contributing to my problem and is there a fix, either way?
    Last edited by techienana; 03-15-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Updating

Thanks
    with the recovery rom you have to unzip it and place the cwm folder in the sd card and recovery to it

Thanks
    Thanks for all your help, Albert. I don't watch TV but I sure have watched a lot of your videos the last couple of days! Anyway, it turns out that I made so many stupid moves with this thing that I have to wipe and restore. So I am going to use Adam Outler's Total Wipe and Flash to get me going. I am making the sd card right now and will let you know if I really did get myself out of this mess.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    when i go through and "choose zip from sdcard" it says can't mount sdcard. what do i have to do?
    Try popping out the sdcard and popping it back in.

First Post
    Thanks
    Hello - a few questions:

1. Is there a way to take Team-B-CM7SD-Alpha_final.img.zip and convert it into a format that could just be flashed to the internal memory with cwm of an 8 gig nook tablet? or does someone already have a file/version suited for this? I've looked around and it seems they are either for 16 gig only or don't specify (which makes me assume their for the 16 gig version).

2. When you do flash to the internal memory, does it give back the 2 gig the B&N reserves for their stuff?

Thanks for your time and the great videos.

Thanks
    there is no 8gb version of this rom yet, no it does not gain you any additional space

Thanks
    Hi another newb question. My SD Card is mounted but CM7 doesnt seem to detect it. Dropbox said your device has no SD card. I don't see how to browse to it with the file manager. What am i missing? Thanks for the help!

update:::nevermind, got it working, not sure why it wasnt working earlier, might have been just a low battery charge, not sure.
    Last edited by snakesnarrows; 04-28-2012 at 01:13 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to snakesnarrows For This Useful Post:

AlbertWertz (06-23-2012)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads