Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Recovery ROM] stock +NT16or8gbV4.6 Root [CWM Backup][Yes B&N store]

Thanks
    Also charged it over night as well.

Thanks
    i am confused as to why you are posting this all here? did you install a recovery and this all happened or did you just root? Is it possible you installed the wrong recovery or installed a bad app?
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    i have an 8gb nook that started out on 1.4.2 that i rooted, but i didn't install the ota block and it upgraded to 1.4.3 and now i can't access the market place. can i use this method and files to revert back to stock?

Thanks
    i would just reroot it. or install cm7
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    First of all THANK YOU for all of your wisdom and your willingness to share it!!

I rooted 2 of my son's NT's in January of this year following your rooting videos on You Tube. I was successful & they rolled to the 9.9.9 version and we have had no problems with automatic updates. He came home from school yesterday and he has lost the ability to access anything but the B&N portion. The device still shows that it is a 9.9.9. Would you advise to just do a factory reset, reformat the SD card & re-root using the "Root Guide for 8gb and 16gb Nook Tablet using Root NTV4.7, SD root and R3" video? I watched that & it looks way more simple than all of the other steps from previous tutorials!

If I need to purchase anything from you, let me know! I would like to make this fairly easy and contribute to developers who do stuff like this!

I did purchase the R3 card today. Only need advice on where to start if I already have the 9.9.9. OR would you advise to factory reset, take to B&N to repartition for extra storage, then start root process over? (My son does not care if he loses content. . .) I look forward to getting the R3 card!
    Last edited by DCBeatty; 10-10-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Decided to purchase R3, but look for advice, still.

First Post
    Thanks
    Hey Albert,
    The root is awesome and runs perfectly. Thanks for that. There's an issue with market compatibility for many of the apps and there are many forums and threads online suggesting that a fix for this would be to adjust the dpi for the NT. Do you agree? If so, do you have or know of any method to do this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertWertz View Post
    i would just reroot it. or install cm7
    thanks for the help, i rerooted my nook and all seems to be working!

First Post
    Thanks
    OK I'm starting to lose my mind. I've got a boot loop. I've googled watched and read every thing I can find.I tried flashing the zip from this thread, but I get installation aborted. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. ANd I can't find the 2012-02-13.14.59.08 file mentioned in the video. I have a feeling it may have something to do with CWM 5, but I can't find an SD bootable CWM 6. Please help.

OH yeah I should probably mention this is for a 8gb Nook Tablet

First Post
    Thanks
    i an on day three of trying to unbrick my nook tablet. i can't sem to get any further than the picture i am attaching. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.nook tablet.jpg

First Post
    Thanks
    I have restored the factory image (1.4.0) on my 16G NT, but it won't let me select any buttons on the screen. I had the same problem on 1.4.2 one of the times I got that to install. Ultimately I wanted to get back to CM 10.x, but I wastrying to get a stable base to work from. But since I can't select any of the buttons on the B&N 1.4.x firmware, I can't even finish configuring the image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads