Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Q] Root 1.4.2

Thanks

[Q] Root 1.4.2

Some of you have said that you wre able to root 1.4.2 but the device isnt working right.

Answer: Barnes and Noble has made your lives difficult by blocking many feature of the tablet in both 1.4.2 and 1.4.1. After rooting, I STRONGLY recommend flashing the Recovery rom I have posted to revert you back to a rom that is based on 1.4.0 and not the other version. If you dont care if you are on a stock rom, then just flash the CM7 rom and enjoy a fully unlocked tablet.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    Hello Albert, I received a NT as a gift recently and decided to purchase one of your 32gig micro cards.

I check the version of my Nook, and it is a 1.4.2. Do you have a link to instructions for me to root my Nook to use your 32 gig card. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    if your tablet is an 8gb nook tablet, the hack wont work yet, some developers are working on it. if it is 16gb, it should be fine
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertWertz For This Useful Post:

Fergus (02-28-2012)

First Post
    Thanks
    Hello Albert: I also just purchased a nook tablet for my wife, the version is 4.1.2, what card would you recommend to buy and will all the root files be onit including how to reverse the
    root process to warranty satifaction, and how much and where do we make the donation, the product really is wonderful but there is so much free apps available that buying from B & N become prohibative. Thank you for your king assistance
    marc

Thanks
    check the accessories section

First Post
    Thanks
    Hey Albert, I'm trying to use the SD card to root my 1.4.2 NT but it doesn't boot at all with the SD card inserted. I've tried the usb method and N+power button method but nothing. If I remove the sd card, it boots perfectly fine. However, if I leave the sd card and connect to the usb, it boots to a Factory Reset screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    you try power + N until turns off and then plug in usb to PC?

Thanks
    Hi, I rooted my NT 16gb tablet successfully with the file sd_root_nt16gbV4_6, when i was on v 1.4.0. BN updated my NT to 1.4.2. All the android apps are working except I can't get access to Google Play now. It says add an account, and when I say yes add account, it just closes. Sorry for such a newbie question. Thanks Albert for your efforts on this forum!!

Thanks
    reroot it with the same file and make sure you block OTA. Or make an R3 card and install the cm7 rom, either way you need to reroot to gain access.

Thanks
    Thanks Albert, made the R3 card, and running CM7 now. Like it! So far, so good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads