Thread: [Q and A] Root w/ Video Instructions, NEW Root PATCH ADB Hijack[12/31/11

Thanks

[Q and A] Root w/ Video Instructions, NEW Root PATCH ADB Hijack[12/31/11

The below Root process is out dated. You can still follow these instructions, but there is an updated process Listed here using your SD card that does not require driver installation. If you cant figure out the instructions, I have even provided a low cost option of buying an SD card with the root on it, then you can root, and reformat the card to gain the functionality of the SD card back. Check it out.

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/noo...ithout-pc.html

Part of the reason I shoot my videos is to help all those not so technically inclined to root easier and not have so many questions. With this thread in the general section, everyone can ask a question here and we can all help answer questions for you all.

Update 12/30/11: What is Root, Rom, Launcher and the basics of Android by Albert Wertz

Why to Root the Nook Tablet and install HomeCatcher apk

How to Restore back to 1.4.0, sideload, and root using SDcard on Nook Tablet

Update 1/1/12: Demonstration of NT Hidden Settings app This can be used instead of TGPS_Launcher and has more accessibility.

How to Root Nook Tablet Part 1 USB drivers and Debugging
    How to Root Nook Tablet Part 2 Root process with Indirect's Script.

How to install OTA BLOCK Using Titanium Backup
    update 12/30/11:Further Demonstration of Titanium Backup FREE OTA Block by Albert Wertz

I use Drop box to transfer files, here is a video on that or just use USB

update 12/30/11:Another Nook Tablet Troubleshooting Root Video and more by Albert Wertz

Root process:
    1. Turn on tablet
    2. Register, turn off wifi
    3. Check version number. if 1.4.0 proceed to root and OTA block,,, If 1.4.1- use sdcard flash back to 1.4.0 before proceeding to root
    4. either turn on wifi long enough to enable debugging or just sideload app with usb. turn off wifi again.
    5. follow part 1 video
    6. follow part 2 video
    7. enable wifi and download titanium backup and dropbox, download files through dropbox, turn off wifi
    8. Follow OTA Block Video
    9. move files from dropbox to titanium backup folder and restore
    10. verify software version number changed to 9.9.9
    11. Enable Wifi, Profit! you are protected from OTA patches
    12. Stay in touch with your root developer's thread and use NEW Hijack ADB app to update your root as the developers release new root patches.

Note: If you are worried about time taken after downloading titanium backup, you can use titanium backup to freeze devicemanager2.3.4.apk. this will block OTA aswell.

UPDATE 12/31/11: HOW TO UPDATE YOUR ROOTED TABLET WITHOUT UNROOTING IT AND REROOTING using Hijack ADB app

update 12/30/11:Bypass registration of Nook Tablet by Albert Wertz

update 12/30/11:Using ES File Explorer to Transfer Files by Albert Wertz

Old Root video using Indirect's Script

How to Unroot, Reformat, Return to Stock for Nook Tablet with One Click

Everyone, please keep in mind that you root at your own risk and we all do this for fun. No one has twisted your arm to root and no one is required to help you if you make the decision to root.

Link to root process for PC
    Link to root process for mac

If you feel knowledgeable enough to help another person out and answer a question, please do so as long as you are sure about your answer. We don't want to lead each other astray.
    Last edited by AlbertWertz; 02-10-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertWertz For This Useful Post:

sfelan (01-02-2012)

First Post
    Thanks
    Albert first let me say a BIG thank you to you and Indirect's great work and videos. In your latest video on ADB Hijacking you say that you are using the latest Zergy file that had just been updated that day (12/30 I believe) Where is the "latest" Zergy zip file at? Also on the XDA developer thread you mention about copying over an updated .bat file to the Zergy folder. My question is if you download the "latest" Zergy file do I still need to copy and paste the new .bat file to my extracted zergy folder? Thank you for you help and again thank for showing us the way to unlocking our tablets.

Thanks
    no, i would hope indirect fixed by now. just download new one and try it out
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    So something major happened tonight when I was messing around on the newly rooted nook tablet....I was in GoLauncher just organzing things and checking it out and all of a sudden things started moving and opening on there own. The nook shut off and I can not get it to turn back on...>ANY IDEADS???

Thanks
    sounds like defective hardware? root doesnt affect that stuff, u do any overclocking?

Thanks
    Where can I buy the sd card!!!!

Remove Ads