Thread: How to restore back to stock 1.4.0 video to enable sideloading and root again

Thanks

How to restore back to stock 1.4.0 video to enable sideloading and root again

Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    I used Adam Outler's Ubuntu program for recovering a bricked Nook Tablet. It worked as advertised but now I have a problem. The serial number on the Nook does not match the one displayed in the device info so I can not register it. Is there a way to change the SN in the Nook software?

Thanks
    never had this problem, dont know, I would check adam outlers thread on xda
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    I tried to unroot My NT, and now when I try to factory restore or use this method to get it back to stock I get the white screen and the cardboard box then it sends me to the CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4 screen. It does not go to the factory reset like it does at 13:54 in this video. I have tried the reboot six time method and the hold the n button and the power button reset method. None of these work. I have rooted with your sdcard version 4.0 method, a few times and I have never run into this problem, but I am stuck. Please help.

Thanks
    2012-03-18 09.09.41.jpg2012-03-18 09.41.52.jpgThis is what I see now. I can not get past the cardboard box on a regular boot, and if I try to reroot I get these images. I am guessing it is now an expensive brick.

Thanks
    you have to remove cwm for this to work. Go to recovery flasher app and flash stock recovery, then retry this method, or just run the unrooter app. This will not work on 8gb nook tablet

Thanks
    I tried the recovery flash several times and the unrooter app without luck. In fact, it got to the point that the NT would no longer boot at all. Thanks for your tip to check out Adam Outler's thread, it saved me. I used his Ubuntu method to clear everything and I was finally able to do a "factory recovery". I have recovery in quotes is because after reboot, I still have Home Catcher and AWD installed, so cwm is still there. Very puzzling. I guess I need to do more study. By the way, where can I get your files for the 4.0 sdcard root. I lost them in my scramble to restore the NT, and I think I need them to clean the tablet up. Thanks as always.
    Dirk

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nooker View Post
    I used Adam Outler's Ubuntu program for recovering a bricked Nook Tablet. It worked as advertised but now I have a problem. The serial number on the Nook does not match the one displayed in the device info so I can not register it. Is there a way to change the SN in the Nook software?
    Hello, Is there a resolution to this problem ?

Thanks
    I have recovery in quotes is because after reboot, I still have Home Catcher and AWD installed, so cwm is still there. Very puzzling. I guess I need to do more study. By the way, where can I get your files for the 4.0 sdcard root. I lost them in my scramble to restore the NT, and I think I need them to clean the tablet up........|

Remove Ads