Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nook Tablet Vs Kindle Fire

Thanks

Nook Tablet Vs Kindle Fire

I am torn between this device and the kindle fire. I think the specs on this device are much better than the Kindle fire for the additional 50 bucks. Is the amazon network really worth the inability to upgrade the memory capacity and the faster RAM?

My only concern is the ability to hack the crap out of this thing. Anyone out there planning on putting stock ICS on this?
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Its my understanding that the only downfall is that this device is only available to people in the United States. I truly think this is going to be a hot tablet and im thinking of buying one as well, still lots of people in the states.

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    I am thinking about buying 3, one for the wife and one for each of the kids. great kid books, games, etc.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Buy me one Albert...

P.s. I miss our phone conversations ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertWertz View Post
    My only concern is the ability to hack the crap out of this thing. Anyone out there planning on putting stock ICS on this?
    Like Albert said, I think there will be more development on nook tablet. We already have seen what the nook color is capable of doing with its hardware, but first I need to get a Asus Transformer Prime
    Tablet: ASUS Grouper (Nexus 7) Rom:Paranoid Android
    Tablet
    : Elocity A7 Tablet Rom: Dexter_nib CyanogenMod 7 RC1Phone: HTC JEWEL•0003 • Rom: CyanogenMod 10.1

Phone: HTC SUPERSONIC•0004 Rom: Paranoid Android

Thanks
    The original Nook Color has a bunch of roms available for it, so i see no reason why the new tablet won't have the same. Honeycomb sucked on the original, but i think that had a lot to do with it's 800MHZ single-core processor. With the Tegra2 chip, the new tablet should be able to handle ICS easily.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

Thanks
    I just let my wife play with one for 30 minutes. i told her I only got two for the kids and I didnt get one for her. She is very mad now and is acting very jealous. I really think this is going to be a great gift this year and a hot item. You better get one while supplies last...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Might have to give your wife an early gift.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Great video comparison.

Thanks
    I was gutsy and bought both since Best Buy has a no hassle return policy for anything bought now through Christmas. It doesn't have to be returned until Jan 24th...

The Nook Tablet is easier to hold and navigate around. The very "misleading" 16gb challenge against the Fire's 8gb is a joke. You only get 1GB on the Tablet for your own books, movies, etc...and the remaining 15GB is for B&N purchases. Oh but wait, you can spend another $50.00 on a micro sd card to expand and then add all your extra stuff. I was very upset to find this out but I still like the Nook better because of the ease of use. I was able to get the Amazon App store on the Nook which was nice but the icons won't display and I have to do a search. The Kindle Fire's 8GB is ok but I wish they would have put an expansion slot on the thing. I'm guessing Amazon will come out with a 16GB Kindle Fire next year...just some thoughts on the issue, but I think reviewers and the stores selling the NOOK need to make that clearer about the memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads