Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [SD Root] Make 16or8GB Nook Tablet Root SD Cards by Albert Wertz [SDNT16or8gbV4.7]

Thanks

[SD Root] Make 16or8GB Nook Tablet Root SD Cards by Albert Wertz [SDNT16or8gbV4.7]

If you cant figure out how to get these files to work, or you just want another SD card, as a service I provide SD cards with these files on them.

I have to pay to host these files. Donations are greatly appreciated.

Will NOT work on Nook Color

NEW SD CARD image, Version 4.7 Files cleaned up, for 16and8GB NT only, ANY version

Code:
    Changelog 
    4.7- removed keyboard hack to be a patch and removed amazon market, must sideload it from sd card
    4.6- patch to allow 8gbnt root
    4.6- restructure files again
    4.5- LIVE WALLPAPER, 3d Gallery, Custom Keyboard, and changed files to one flashable small image and zip file. New instructions, also link to supplemental app package so download for root files is smaller.
    4.4- Restructured files and added an instruction txt file to make the process even easier to follow.
    4.3- Added a couple of extra apps to sideload folder
    4.2- deleted readme file
    4.1- changed sd image file to install faster, follow steps below same as before.

ROOT through SD card doesn’t require custom Drivers! You are still responsible for following root process to achieve root. Warning- Always make backups of your tablet. I am not responsible if you mess this up or brick your tablet. You do this at your own risk! Rooting unlocks your tablet. This means it bypasses several security blocks and allows you to mess up your tablet as well as enhance it. If you follow everything exactly you should be fine. If you deviate and go into something else, be warned.

DO NOT MIRROR these files.

This process is heavily dependent on the work being done here plus additions of my own!
    Thanks to:Indirect, Loglud, ChainsDD, Bauwkz, Nemith, Goncezilla, Brianf21, AdamOutler, Meghd00t, AND Albert Wertz (for his work here and building on others work)
    And anyone I have missed, please PM me.

Computer required to make SD card. No Computer Required to Use SD Card for Root and CWM depending on the variation of NT you have. There is one variation that does require a USB connection to enter CWM. You can thank barnes and noble for poor quality control.

***Disclaimer You do this at your own risk, Use your head, if you are not comfortable with this, dont do it. Rooting nulls your warranty if you try and return a rooted device, they and I will laugh at you. Unroot it before returning. This modifies the onboard Rom, So root will be on your tablet after using Root SD card.***

Windows required; mac and linux users: just extract the img file from the downloaded file and mount it to an sd card. its that simple. If you dont know how to mount an IMG file to your SD card... Google it.

Instructions: Download File SD_ROOT_NT16or8gbV4_7
    MD5 Sums: Soon

Video Walk-through for windows users on how to make SDNTV4.5: Same video instructions for 4.7

1. Connect Nook Tablet with auto mount turned on (if you have never rooted before it should already be on) and SD card in it to your computer.
    2. Run Win32diskimager.exe file
    3. Select “NT16gbV4_7 image file” and select drive for SD card on Nook (or SD card Reader) ***NOT INTERNAL SD CARD ON NOOK ***DON’T SELECT MY NOOK!!!!
    4. Click Write
    5. Disconnect Nook. Your card is made. Remove card.
    6. Donate

Instructions on how to use the card. and video:

1. Put in Root SD Card
    2. Turn Unrooted Tablet OFF
    3. use usb cable attached to PC to turn on, should self boot to CWM
    4. Install Zip from SD card, Root_Zip_NTV4_7
    5. Press power button to go back
    6. Reboot using CWM settings
    7. Follow Video for Root Calibration with Apps

8. Sideload all you want (See folder for select games and other stuff)
    9. Donate, Click THANKS! Please post your experiences with this product as a quick reply to this thread so others can see your experience.

Calibrate OTA block by updating NT hidden settings from google market(play).

When finished with card, this is how to restore it to full capacity

How to use these SD cards to create a custom recovery ROM

New video on entering CWM with other variations without a PC. Video also shows how to use anycut to register with
    barnes and noble to gain back access to the BN market and books, etc if you did this without registering

If you have done this after registering already, you should still be able to use BN content!

Included things on SD card right now:

1. Apps Folder (CWM App Flasher and Unrooter App)
    2. Root_Zip_NTV4_6
    3. Boot.img
    4. Flashing_boot.img
    5. MLO
    6. u-boot.bin

Apps included in Root Process:
    1. ADW
    2. Amazon Appstore
    3. Anycut
    4. Home Manager
    5. ES File Explorer
    6. Spare parts
    7. Homecatcher
    8. NT Hidden Settings app
    9. Titanium backup
    10. Custom Keyboard
    11. Live wallpaper
    12. 3d Gallery

Other apps in app folder on SD card image:
    1. Nook Recovery Flasher
    2. Nook Unrooter

Supplimental Sideloading packet
    MD5 Sum: ad50925e769490340d189feac71b32e7

Video on sideloading:

Apps included for sideloading
    1. Amazon appstore
    2. AB Rio
    3. AB Seasons
    4. AB Original
    5. Go Launcher
    6. MxPlayer
    7. Nookunrooter
    8. Pocketlegends Free MMORPG (friend me on pocket legends if you want “suicideclown”)
    9. Twitter
    10. Dropbox
    11. facebook
    12. GetJar market
    13. Nook Recovery flasher
    14. Nook Tablet Hijacker
    Last edited by AlbertWertz; 07-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Angela Tucci likes this.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AlbertWertz For This Useful Post:

1313sam (02-18-2012), Angela Tucci (02-22-2012), Ebedmelek27 (02-15-2012), Guardian (06-20-2012), NoBLeZz (09-05-2012), Nosanon (02-18-2012), NTguy (03-27-2012), wdb3800 (03-19-2012)

Thanks
    OP updated
    Last edited by AlbertWertz; 02-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertWertz For This Useful Post:

pole71 (02-25-2012)

Thanks
    Albert, this is an addendum to an earlier reply re: problems with my Nook Tablet root. Another issue I am noticing is the refusal of the Unknown Sources box to stay checked. Given the several problems I am having, I am wondering if a restore and re-root is in order. My Nook seemed to act up after I restored my apps with TiBackup, but it may be unrelated. Anyway, if you have a chance to ponder this, thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks
    turn off, turn on, open nt hidden settings, click unknown hack, wait 15 seconds., now check to see if it is checked. it should be. are you using NTV4_5 hack? if using 4_4, you need to download new 4_5 hack for this to work.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertWertz For This Useful Post:

Ebedmelek27 (02-18-2012)

First Post
    Thanks
    Albert, I rooted on the 14th/15th and was very successful. I followed the installation instructions that came with the files. My only question is that when I go to "unknown sources hack" it will not let me check it. When I press it I get a message bar at the top that says "NT Hidden Settings has been granted Superuser permissions". My wife has not had trouble loading apps from other sources, so I guess there isn't a problem. I was just curious what you thought or if this has been seen before.

Thanks

First Post
    Thanks
    Albert, I did everythingyou said to root but when i turned the nook back on with the sd card it went right to do you want to restore factory settings??? Did I forget to do something??

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Albert,

I downloaded the file to make the sd card. I have a nook tablet running 1.4.1. Now it says it should be a 62.07MB file, I keep getting after the download 62 mb only file. I followed the instructions and it wont boot to the card. Do I have to restore the nook to factory settings first? It does have sided loads apps from when it had 1.4.0 before the update. Does it make a difference that the file I downloaded is 62 mb not 62.07 mb? thx

Thanks
    Albert,
    I want to thank you for your terrific work. I purchased your SD card and was able to root my NT easily. I then saw that you created the 4.5 version, so I took a stab at creating a new SD card and then went through the whole process again. Success! Thanks so much to all the folks who helped you do this!

Thanks
    I was out of town and just got back in. Links have been temporarily disabled due to reworking of the image files. Will post when back up. Thanks for your cooperation!

First Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertWertz View Post
    I was out of town and just got back in. Links have been temporarily disabled due to reworking of the image files. Will post when back up. Thanks for your cooperation!
    Hi, names Leo, and i just bought the tablet for my mother and want to set it up today as shes leaving for Germany tomorrow where she lives, and to my unluck, the file is currently set as private and i cant download the SD_ROOT_NTV4_5 ... I understand your probably updating it and making it better, but is there any way you can send it to me or if anyone else ont he forum can send it to me zipped? it would be greatly appreciated!... if you can send it please send to leonid.chernyshov@gmail.com or perhaps provide a different link to it from the mediafire one.... thanks again ina dvance to anyone who can help me.... i wont be able to do it tomorrow morning as i have work at 7 =/

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast