Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SD NT16or8gb R3 Card [Root, Rom, Recovery]

Thanks
    just updated this card to include CM10 and Gapps for Jelly bean. Works great. more compatible than before and even plays plants vs zombies
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    can you make a list of files or possible link to files, that either need to be added or changed to make cm10 work as I have the previous 4_7 R3 card.

Donation will be coming soon.

Thanks
    Instructions to upgrade old R3 card, really all you do is delete the old rom and put a new rom on the SD card.
    If you want to save all your personal apps, games and app data, make a titanium backup. However, all the apps may not be transferable. you are installing a new operating system on your tablet. The new operating system is almost perfect. I have not had any issues with it yet. I am not saying there are no issues with it though. Plants Vs zombies works and you can make calls with Gtalk.

1. Browse the R3 card by either putting it into a reader on your PC or turn you nook tablet on, put R3 in and connect to pc, make sd visible to PC
    2. Browse SD card and Delete old CM7 Rom and Gapps if it is there. (To free up more space, you can go into Clockworkmod folder and delete unused backups aswell.
    3. Download New ROM and Gapps from :[ROM] SGT7+CM10+Cherry Picks,By meghd00t. New 09/12 Multitouched! - xda-developers BOTH ROM and GAPPS ARE REQUIRED!
    4. Place these two files in the Main location or (root location) of the SD card. Not in any folders.
    5. take out sd card. Turn off nook tablet and put in sd card.
    6. Use Usb cable to boot to SD card.
    7. BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM
    8. Factory Reset
    9. Clear cache
    10. Clear Devlik
    11. Install CM10 Rom
    12. Install Cm10 Gapps
    13. Reboot
    14. Pull out R3 card and store for safe keeping.
    15. First boot may take a little bit

This is why I designed the R3 card, so you would always have it to flash a rom and make backups from. You can also do this process without the SD card if you have CWM installed on the internal recovery.
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

First Post
    Thanks

Question on order of Factory Reset and Wiping cache

Hi Albert,

I downloaded the CM10 ROM and the corresponding GApps file you pointed to in the post above. I am going to root a brand new stock 1.43 Nook tablet 16gb with the R3 card image you sent me. Now when I install the CM10 ROM, do I have to do a Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, wipe Dalvik BEFORE installing the CM10 ROM or after installing the CM10 ROM and before the GApps instalation. Does the order of the wipe matter at all?

Thanks
    Hello again. Tried your method and having trouble. I was wondering if the version of cwm has a role in it. The version on the image that I got from you is 5.5.x.x and through research i find that a version 6 is required. I have found a version 6.0.1.2 but the file that it tells me to name it is not on R3 card. On R3 card it is named flashing_boot, I think, and site i got file from says to name it recovery.img. I was wondering if this is the right file to change?

Thanks for the help. I also notice i am in accessory thread where I found this thread but this discussion might be better in a different thread more appropriate to the subject.

Mechanic

Thanks
    this thread is where it is suppose to be and those files work, so I will not be changing them. This product works on the Nook tablet Model number 250 and 250A, not the nook color and not the nook tablet HD or HD+. There is a possibility that newer models have this capability blocked or the developers might need to make a workaround. Either way, I have been told by Barnes and Noble employees, that they are trying to block booting from the SD External SD card.

What trouble are you having? Explain, and I will try to answer. What have you done, and how does the tablet act in response?

Thanks
    When I romed I then tried using sgt7-10-20121124-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim before you said to use 09/12. system would then lock and not get to cm10. would then recover to factory. and I had to go back to cm7 by normal method. the image I got from you uses cwm 5.x.x.x, I followed links to use cm10 and they all say use cwm 6.x.x.x. Your R3 card works great to get to cm7 but I cant go 10 from it.

Mechanic

Thanks
    I am not sure what the problem is. I flashed 2 this way without an issue. did you clear cache, factory restore and clear devlik? It works, I have dont it without a problem... Thats all I can say...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertWertz For This Useful Post:

Mechanic (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    I went back and tried again. I am mistaken. I had a bad d/l or something but it worked flawlessly. I will in the future try to be better with my attempts.
    I am sorry I doubted.

Mechanic

edit: Worked on 8G nt stuck at cynogen boot screen on 16 G nt
    15 minutes and no luck
    any sugestions?
    Last edited by Mechanic; 12-28-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: more to add

First Post
    Thanks
    I am having the same issue with my 16 G nt, it is stuck on the cyanogenMod screen.

The R3 card worked great for CM7, but updating to CM10 has stalled at this point. Any suggestions?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345