Thread: Phiremod 7.1 - Stable Release

Thanks

Talking Phiremod 7.1 - Stable Release

Stable Release Notes
    Phiremod v7.1 - Android 2.3.7
    Built from CyanogenMod 7.1

https://sites.google.com/site/phiremod/nook-color-roms

Download Phiremod 7.1 for Nook

Just loaded this version and all is well. Some user have had some issues with the home button. Make sure you follow all the instructions.

This version does NOT come with Google Apps. Make sure you download them and flash the update.
    gapps-for-phiremod-nook-7.1.zip - Download This can be done easy enough with the Rom Manager that comes packed with the ROM.

Enjoy.
    My Adam Model: Pixel Qi LCD, Wifi only - Running: AdamComb v0.3

Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for the post is this your rom? Reason is that I can give you an account on our unmetered download sever if you want to join our team.

Also, where in Michigan are you from? I was born in Dearborn and raised from the age of 12 up in Northern Michigan. I may have already asked you credit and if so I apologize.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zerofeel; 10-30-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Hello Zerofeel, No this is not my ROM. I can not take any credit here at all. I am only sharing what I think is a fantastic ROM for the Nook that I use all the time. This ROM brings out the best of the Nook. All the credit goes to phiredrop "Ryan Klumph" and the Cyanogen team.

I live just south of Flint and just north of Detroit.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brimin View Post
    Hello Zerofeel, No this is not my ROM. I can not take any credit here at all. I am only sharing what I think is a fantastic ROM for the Nook that I use all the time. This ROM brings out the best of the Nook. All the credit goes to phiredrop "Ryan Klumph" and the Cyanogen team.

I live just south of Flint and just north of Detroit.
    used to date a girl from flushing. If you know how to contact the dev could you ask him if he would mind joining and posting his work here? He can get donations and we like to have him onboard.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks

Phiremod and Market App Problems

Greetings:

I am uncertain if this is the correct thread to put this in. If it isn't, someone please direct me to the proper one.

I have been using Phiremod 7.1 for the last few days, and I am running into a pretty serious problem: I cannot install many of the applications that are on the android Market. This is because the market keeps saying "Your device isn't compatible with this item" for most of the more interesting apps (including, ironically, the Nook Android app!).

I have been looking throughout the net for something that will resolve this problem, and have heard about the LCD resolution tricks that supposedly fixed the problem. None of them appear to work. I have also hear references to a cache change that would fix the problem, but I cannot find any details about that, either.

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who has seen this problem. There are plenty of folks who have been complaining about it for quite some time. Has anyone found a solution that can be used on Phiremod 7 without wrecking the Android installation???

Someone please advise.

Thanks
    The PhireMod ROM is no longer supported or being developed. You have a few options.

1. Reflash the same ROM making sure you format the Data and System. This will remove all your data and start from scratch.
    2. Reflash with CyanogenMod 7 Follow the steps closely. taking care to format the Data and System...
    3. Just reinstall the vending.apk or rather the GApps for the PhireMod ROM. You can just extract the APK and install from the SD card or reflash the update with the Gapps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Greetings:

Thanks for the response.

Actually, one of the reasons why I am even looking at PhireMod is because I had originally installed CyanogenMod 7 and was not impressed by it. There were many things in it that didn't work -- including several applications that tended to crash on my Nook as well as missing navigation and menu buttons. Yet another problem I had with it was the same "Your device isn't compatible with this item" problem that I am getting with Phiremod.

I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the Cyanogen people about this problem, and no other sit had a working solution. I was hoping to find one from here because I grew pretty disgusted with the Cyanogen installation. It is unfortunate that folks have decided not to support this ROM anymore, because while this "Your device isn't compatible with this item" problem is annoying as h*ll, it is currently the only problem I have had with PhireMod.

Your suggestion does solve the problem of getting various things that you know of working on the Nook, but it does not solve the problem of people wanting to download things that you don't anticipate. I might know that I want Application A on my Nook, and I have successfully gotten it onto my Nook by adding it to the application distribution. But I might be cruising the Market and find myself interested in Application B. If I continue to have "Your device isn't compatible with this item" problems when I want to download Application B, then if I use the method you describe I will have to find the .APK file (which is not always offered in a way that you can just download it!), add it to the distribution, then use Clockwork to put it on the Nook. Sometimes you can just do an install without having to worry about using Clockwork -- but only if the app doesn't have components that need to go into the system directory. In that case (which happens all too often!) you are still stuck with having to use Clockwork.

So no: your suggestions do help in some cases but not the ones that really matter. And until I can get some straight answers about all the failures I have been seeing with CyanogenMod, using it is not an option for me.

This is unfortunate, because I was hoping to do this hack for some friends who wanted cheap tablets. These folks are not tekkies like us so they won't be interested in learning to use Clockwork in order to install applications. Based on the lack of support for PhireMod, it looks to me like none of the current distributions are really usable by anyone other than those who can tolerate their inadequacies. This makes our whole Nook Android community look bad.

Oh, well...

Remove Ads