Thread: Nook 2 Android SD Card-Gingerbread on Nook Color

Thanks

Nook 2 Android SD Card-Gingerbread on Nook Color

N2A sells an sd card which allows you to boot your Nook Color either into the Nook OS, or Cyanogen Mod 7, gingerbread. I received my 8gb N2A card, and followed the easy directions-remove the card you have while the Nook is on, turn it off, insert N2A card. On boot, if you press any button, you can then choose through a simple boot menu to boot from emmc(Nook) or sd card(gingerbread).
    dualbootoptions.jpg

If you just turn it on, it will boot into the Cyanogen Mod. While the first boot is a little long, after that it's surprisingly quick for running off an sd card. The standard launcher is ADW, and it's amazing how well it switches screens, opens apps, browses-basically everything. This card is an easy way to get a lot of functionality from your Nook Color with little effort. With the installation, you get root access, overclocking from the standard 800mhz to 925mhz, and a lot of preinstalled apps.
    nook2android_3.jpg
    Aldiko reader, Amazon Kindle, Angry Birds, Dolphin Browser HD, Dropbox,Maps, Market, and many more are all preinstalled. I added Titanium Backup and Netflix right away. Netflix stutters for the first 10-15 seconds, then plays fine. There are many tweaks available in the Cyanogen Mod setting, and a must-have is Nook Tweaks. This program will allow you to increase the volume way past what a stock Nook can do, and it is necessary, in my opinion. I had tried dual-booting HC and Froyo off of sd cards I burned an image onto myself before getting the N2A card. Both OS's worked, but were slow and very unresponsive. After that I didn't expect much from the N2A card. However, it is so much better than I thought it would be, it's like this is a tablet made with the gingerbread as it's native OS. No force closes, no lag in the browser, it's really a pleasure to use. I would highly recommend this to anyone with a Nook Color.
    nook_color_android2.3.jpg
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

First Post
    Thanks
    Any chance you can make an image of the card and send me a copy? I'm already running cm7 nighly, but I'm curious how they set upi the card to have everything plug and play.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreedyRogue View Post
    Any chance you can make an image of the card and send me a copy? I'm already running cm7 nighly, but I'm curious how they set upi the card to have everything plug and play.
    Sorry but no. I don't feel it's in our best interest to distribute software that should be paid for, what incentive would developers have to update or create new programs? You can get the 8gb for around $32, and then either keep the nook os or put another rom on the internal memory, and have dual booting with 2 os's however you want it. I think it's worth it.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by will765 View Post
    Sorry but no. I don't feel it's in our best interest to distribute software that should be paid for, what incentive would developers have to update or create new programs?
    FWIW, N2A were not developers of the software they distributed. The sale price for their card is for the cost of the card & burning the software image, and "customer-support".

Remove Ads