Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [N-ROM] Tenchi's AOSP ROM Nougat Android 7.x for ADAM [WIP]

Resident
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans View Post
    1. No, I did not get rid of the notification about unsupported SunDisk.
    Formatting inside Android also does not work, for a long time stuck in the 20% treatment, before the closing of the process.
    2. Trying to flash ROM to external SD too failed. I did everything as written in the thread "New TWRP Recovery".
    3. (on the internal memory) Completely flash (ROM + Google Apps) obtained only AOSP ROM Nougat Android 7.1.1. On trying installation Dirty Unicorns ROM Nougat Android 7.1.1 (or Decatf AOSP ROM Nougat Android 7.x) after flashing ROM when attempting to flash the Open Google Apps, it (the Open Google Apps) is believes that the installed firmware Android is the version 5.1.1 (and requires ROM version 7.1.1) and therefore refuses to be install.
    4. AOSP ROM Nougat Android 7.1.1 works very slowly (or rather, a very-very-very slow response to the touching).
    I guess android is trying to format the entire memory not just first partition, which is currently in use so that may be preventing the format.

To flash to microsd you need to go into advanced terminal in twrp or adb shell on pc and type "setprop sdboot 1".

Not sure why it is thinking 5.1.1 is installed for those ROMs, was working on my Adam okay.

Yes it is very unresponsive when I install on internal storage as well, but with a fast microsd installation it is much much better. (I think I will make it default to microsd install in future as internal install is pretty much unusable)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

Trans (01-26-2017)

Thanks
    To flash to microsd you need to go into advanced terminal in twrp or adb shell on pc and type "setprop sdboot 1".
    Yes, I know, I did it.
    Well, while I'm not trying to flash onto a microSD, it is very dreary.
    Tab.: Adam PQi 3G, tel.: THL W200

Thanks
    I installed the ROM after repartitioning the internal memory with fdisk in ADB shell, as described in "New TWRP Recovery". The ROM itself works, but Chrome and Firefox don't, and I need to use a recent browser.

So, I would like to install a more compatible ROM, e.g. CyanogenMod 12.1, but I don't know how to restore the partition scheme.
    I tried to install CM12.1 with ADB sideload without repartitioning, but after installation, at boot it gets stuck in an endless "Android is starting - starting apps" message. I guess the problem lies in the wrong partitioning.
    Unfortunately, I can't find NVFLASH for linux, the links are dead.

Can someone tell me how to go back to partitioning the internal memory in a way that is good for CM12.1? Possibly using ADB shell fdisk.

Resident
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derapao View Post
    I installed the ROM after repartitioning the internal memory with fdisk in ADB shell, as described in "New TWRP Recovery". The ROM itself works, but Chrome and Firefox don't, and I need to use a recent browser.

So, I would like to install a more compatible ROM, e.g. CyanogenMod 12.1, but I don't know how to restore the partition scheme.
    I tried to install CM12.1 with ADB sideload without repartitioning, but after installation, at boot it gets stuck in an endless "Android is starting - starting apps" message. I guess the problem lies in the wrong partitioning.
    Unfortunately, I can't find NVFLASH for linux, the links are dead.

Can someone tell me how to go back to partitioning the internal memory in a way that is good for CM12.1? Possibly using ADB shell fdisk.
    You will not be able to use lastest Chrome or Firefox and probably some other apps as they use Neon instruction set which our Adam Tegra 2 processor doesn't support, so CM12.1 won't help with that either.

I use Ghostery which I find is a very fast browser, but there is also a Tegra 2 built Chromium (essentially Chrome, but login doesn't work): https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...gra-2-t3550210

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchi View Post
    I use Ghostery which I find is a very fast browser, but there is also a Tegra 2 built Chromium
    Thank you very much for the browsers suggestion! (The website I need to use is gonimo.com, I will try that.)

Since my Adam is now stuck on boot, could you please tell me anyway how to format the internal memory for your CM12.1 ROM so I will check if it fits better my needs? I'd appreciate the fdisk instructions, or at least the partition configuration (how many and what size) and I will figure out myself the steps.

Resident
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derapao View Post
    Thank you very much for the browsers suggestion! (The website I need to use is gonimo.com, I will try that.)

Since my Adam is now stuck on boot, could you please tell me anyway how to format the internal memory for your CM12.1 ROM so I will check if it fits better my needs? I'd appreciate the fdisk instructions, or at least the partition configuration (how many and what size) and I will figure out myself the steps.
    I wouldn't recommend going back to CM12.1 because of all the security updates in newer release, but the CM12.1 partition layout is this (it can be re-partitioned automatically using older recovery):

mmcblk0p1 vfat /sdcard
    mmcblk0p2 ext4 /data

These are partitioned by nvflash:
    mtdblock3 yaffs2 /system
    mtdblock4 yaffs2 /cache

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

Trans (10-28-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads