Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [L-ROM] Tenchi's Euphoria-OS ROM Lollipop Android 5.x for ADAM [WIP]

  1. #21
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hebbal1273 View Post
    Nope the suggestion did not work. After flashing the ROM, it is stuck in the euphoria lollipop splash screen forever. And if I install GApps through recovery & reboot not even the splash screen shows up. The screen is blank. Is there any other stable ROM I can move to? Right now my Adam has become useless.

    Update: I can flash the stock ROM 2.2 gingerbread. So I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware.
    Give it at least 5-10 mins or so the boot animation is not working sometimes. If you still can't get it booting try slim-rom.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know the 1st boot after ROM installation is pretty long. Well, I waited for almost 1/2 hr for something to happen. But no. Here is what happens.

    1. Stock 2.2 gingerbread ROM working -- good
    2. Flash euphoria ROM, reboot(automatically, no manual intervention) -- Everything come up nicely -- good
    3. Now here is the problem. Just reboot once again. No factory reset. No GApps. Just reboot. Screen goes dark. No boot animation, nothing. Every 5 mins it reboots.

    No luck with Slim ROM as well.

    Earlier we used to have separate flashing utilities for 3G & Wifi versions. I suspect the 3G may be causing the problem as mine is wifi version only. Is there any way to disable the 3G completely? If the ROM does not look for the 3G hardware it might just work. Who knows?
    Last edited by hebbal1273; 07-18-2015 at 04:42 AM.

  3. #23
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hebbal1273 View Post
    I know the 1st boot after ROM installation is pretty long. Well, I waited for almost 1/2 hr for something to happen. But no. Here is what happens.

    1. Stock 2.2 gingerbread ROM working -- good
    2. Flash euphoria ROM, reboot(automatically, no manual intervention) -- Everything come up nicely -- good
    3. Now here is the problem. Just reboot once again. No factory reset. No GApps. Just reboot. Screen goes dark. No boot animation, nothing. Every 5 mins it reboots.

    No luck with Slim ROM as well.

    Earlier we used to have separate flashing utilities for 3G & Wifi versions. I suspect the 3G may be causing the problem as mine is wifi version only. Is there any way to disable the 3G completely? If the ROM does not look for the 3G hardware it might just work. Who knows?
    My adam boots fine with Wifi only and 3G is broken anyways, but maybe there are some differences in your adam, post some logs and I can have a closer look. You can try my new slim boot.img on Slim front page now as well which may help. Sometimes I have seen you may need to do adb pull push of egl again as well. It may be the overclock as well, can try reducing the max cpu frequency in /system/etc/adam_preboot.sh.
    Last edited by tenchi; 07-18-2015 at 08:12 AM.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did the following in the exact sequence. But still a long way to go.

    1. Flash Euphoria ROM - Reboot
    2. Reduce max CPU speed to 1.0Ghz. Reboot.
    2. Install GApps.
    3. pull/push egl. Switch off & On. Do I have to do this every time? I rebooted couple of times & it seems that my Adam will boot only after the pull/push exercise. Not sure what it does. But this is a big turn off.
    4. Setup wizard comes up (yipeee!!)
    5. Android keyboard keeps crashing. Setup wizard crashes & comes back to the last successful page.

    Question. How do I enable Hackers keyboard before entering setup wizard? There is no way I able to access the settings menu. Hopefully everything works fine after that. My kids are desperately waiting to play with it.
    Last edited by hebbal1273; 07-20-2015 at 10:56 AM.

  5. #25
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hebbal1273 View Post
    I did the following in the exact sequence. But still a long way to go.

    1. Flash Euphoria ROM - Reboot
    2. Reduce max CPU speed to 1.0Ghz. Reboot.
    2. Install GApps.
    3. pull/push egl. Switch off & On. Do I have to do this every time? I rebooted couple of times & it seems that my Adam will boot only after the pull/push exercise. Not sure what it does. But this is a big turn off.
    4. Setup wizard comes up (yipeee!!)
    5. Android keyboard keeps crashing. Setup wizard crashes & comes back to the last successful page.

    Question. How do I enable Hackers keyboard before entering setup wizard? There is no way I able to access the settings menu. Hopefully everything works fine after that. My kids are desperately waiting to play with it.
    Usually on my Adam I only have to do pull/push once, not sure why it is necessary, but it seems to do the trick. Alternatively installing to micro sdcard doesn't seem to have this problem. You basically need to install and run the Hackers keyboard app and set default keyboard before installing Google Apps using downloaded apk file.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Tenchi for your patience in supporting my reuquests. I have finally managed to get the Euphoria ROM running on my Adam. This is the procedure I followed.

    1. Flash Euphoria ROM - Reboot
    2. Once after successful boot up, download the hackerskeyboard apk using the default browser, install and enable it. Disable the android keyboard app. Reboot
    3. DO NOT factory reset. Else you will lose the hackerkeyboard app you installed. Install GApps. Reboot
    4. Pull/Push egl. Switch off/On
    5. Finally everything comes up nicely. Setup your google account. And you are up & running.

    However, the Adam seems a little sluggish when running. Apps take almost 2-3 secs to launch. Games like surfers subway sometimes are jerky. is there any way to optimize it? I have not reduced the max CPU speed & it is still running @ 1.5Ghz.

  7. #27
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hebbal1273 View Post
    Thanks Tenchi for your patience in supporting my reuquests. I have finally managed to get the Euphoria ROM running on my Adam. This is the procedure I followed.

    1. Flash Euphoria ROM - Reboot
    2. Once after successful boot up, download the hackerskeyboard apk using the default browser, install and enable it. Disable the android keyboard app. Reboot
    3. DO NOT factory reset. Else you will lose the hackerkeyboard app you installed. Install GApps. Reboot
    4. Pull/Push egl. Switch off/On
    5. Finally everything comes up nicely. Setup your google account. And you are up & running.

    However, the Adam seems a little sluggish when running. Apps take almost 2-3 secs to launch. Games like surfers subway sometimes are jerky. is there any way to optimize it? I have not reduced the max CPU speed & it is still running @ 1.5Ghz.
    Yes the new art runtime seems slower at loading than dalvik in kitkat. I just tried Subway Surfers on latest Slim 5.1.1 and it seems very smooth, so it may be Euphoria slowing it down which lacks HW accelerated video playback as well.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are some settings available in the "Developer options" --> "hardware accelerated rendering". Will selecting any of these help? Or will it crash my Adam? Just need confirmation before I try anything and go through flashing exercise all over again. I can live with some performance issues if it does not solve my problem. Also under the performance section, the current CPU governor is interactive. I am unable to change it to any other setting. Any idea why is that?

  9. #29
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hebbal1273 View Post
    There are some settings available in the "Developer options" --> "hardware accelerated rendering". Will selecting any of these help? Or will it crash my Adam? Just need confirmation before I try anything and go through flashing exercise all over again. I can live with some performance issues if it does not solve my problem. Also under the performance section, the current CPU governor is interactive. I am unable to change it to any other setting. Any idea why is that?
    You can try different settings I don't think they will help though. Not sure why you can't change governor, maybe rom issue.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since I cannot change the governor settings in the Settings menu, can I change it in the adam_preboot.sh? If yes, what is the exact nature of change I have to do?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 130
    Last Post: 12-19-2017, 07:59 AM
  2. Replies: 133
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 11:55 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-30-2015, 08:16 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 12:04 PM

Search tags for this page

download euphoria os android 5.1 lollipop

,

oc android 5.0 lollipop

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •