Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: [KK-ROM] Tenchi's UNOFFICIAL CM11 Android ROM 4.4 KitKat for ADAM [WIP]

Thanks
    I already said, I can find the drivers in the cm12 zip (but not in cm11). I just don't have the correct device in my device manager. I detailed that in a previous post in this thread.

I was under the impression that if I want kitkat, I need cm11, not cm12.

Regular
    Thanks
    Chikazz, if you read my posts again, carefully, you'll see why i'm suggesting
    installing CM12 first then CM11.
    re: Windoze drivers issues, i'm sorry I can't help much there as I use Ubuntu.
    There have been many posts about these problems before...you may have to search the forums.
    Only hint I can give is..
    connect usb lead to adam and Windows,
    then boot adam to bootloader(apx mode),
    then right-click upgrade Windoz drivers as in Tenchi's op.

Thanks
    I've said several times now, I can find the drivers, but there is no apx device or a device called "notion" in my device manager. I can't upgrade the drivers if the device isn't showing up properly. I don't have the correct device listed in device manager. I'm really sorry but I keep saying that and nobody seems to help me with it...

"I still can't do it... I'm trying to install the drivers but in Device Manager, I don't have an APX Device or anything named "Notion". I have "NI Adam USB Device" listed under disk drives, and I have "E:\" under "Portable devices" (The description field says "Adam" so I'm assuming it's my tablet), but when I try to "Update drivers" on either of these, and point it at the directory stated (in the cm12 nvflash from the lollipop post) it doesn't work. It just says the folder doesn't contain a compatible driver."
    Last edited by Chikazz; 02-02-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Regular
    Thanks
    re: I have "NI Adam USB Device" listed under disk drives, and I have "E:\" under "Portable devices"

sounds like Adam is running in recovery mode?
    apx/bootloader mode has a blank/black screen

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikazz View Post

Step 2 says "Extract ClockWorkMod recovery zip," but the file I downloaded from this post (CWMRecovery_6.0.4.7-BorkataTenchiRi9000v2.img) is an img file, and I can't open it with winrar (I get an error). Should I rename it and flash it that way? (Like I did back in the day when I flashed Beast? The "update.zip" method, I think...)

Step 7 says "run "flashrecovery.bat recovery.img" in command line " and I've looked in all the files I downloaded (except the img file that I can't open) but there is neither a Drivers folder or the files flashrecovery.bat and recovery.img
    From step 2, you have the recovery file. You just need to rename "CWMRecovery_6.0.4.7-BorkataTenchiRi9000v2.img" to "recovery.img"
    or you can use the command
    flashrecovery.bat CWMRecovery_6.0.4.7-BorkataTenchiRi9000v2.img
    First use CM12 to flash this recovery. You will find the flashrecovery.bat in CM12 dowload.

Step 6 says "6. Set Browse driver to Drivers/Driver32-bit/ and install." where is this directory? I'm lost. None of the files I downloaded have this directory inside.
    USB driver folder is available in the ADB download (adb.zip)
    Last edited by ZenOgeek; 02-02-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ri9000 View Post
    re: I have "NI Adam USB Device" listed under disk drives, and I have "E:\" under "Portable devices"

sounds like Adam is running in recovery mode?
    apx/bootloader mode has a blank/black screen
    apx mode will be a blank screen. I think you are now all set to flash the recovery.

Once recovery is flashed, you can flash the rom directly from the CWM and you may not need the nvflash.

Thanks
    Whoo! I just want to let you all know you rock. Ri9000, Tenchi, ZenOgeek, thank you for putting up with my ineptitude and cranky frustration. I was booting into the wrong mode all right. Once I got that figured out, it all went very smoothly. I knew I was probably missing something stupidly obvious >.< Anyway, I did this so I could give it to my boyfriend to use. He's thrilled (Now he can read his mangas in bed and play games on the bus!), but this rom is so amazing that it's putting my little samsung tab 2 7-inch to shame. Again, thank you all, so much. Take care!

Regular
    Thanks
    Whoo! I just want to let you all know you rock. Ri9000, Tenchi, ZenOgeek, thank you for putting up with my ineptitude and cranky frustration. I was booting into the wrong mode all right. Once I got that figured out, it all went very smoothly. I knew I was probably missing something stupidly obvious >.< Anyway, I did this so I could give it to my boyfriend to use. He's thrilled (Now he can read his mangas in bed and play games on the bus!), but this rom is so amazing that it's putting my little samsung tab 2 7-inch to shame. Again, thank you all, so much. Take care!
    glad

Thanks
    Hey again... I'm having another issue. I can't flash gapps with this, so I followed Tenchi's suggestions in the comments to flash katkiss with the modified fastboot. It runs fine, but instead of an insufficient space error, I now get a status error 6 trying to flash gapps. I don't know how to fix it.

Resident
    Thanks
    Hey again... I'm having another issue. I can't flash gapps with this, so I followed Tenchi's suggestions in the comments to flash katkiss with the modified fastboot. It runs fine, but instead of an insufficient space error, I now get a status error 6 trying to flash gapps. I don't know how to fix it.
    Try a smaller gapps package, space is limited on /system, what is in Advanced log?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads