Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: [KK-ROM] Tenchi's UNOFFICIAL CM11 Android ROM 4.4 KitKat for ADAM [WIP]

Resident
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ri9000 View Post
    with new rom i'm getting hdmi sound but no video out?
    odd thing is it seems to be detected, but tv stays black.
    log extract :
    V/audio_hw_primary( 120): out_devices=1024 in_devices=4 active_out=y active_in=n
    E/audio_hw_primary( 120): Error opening /proc/asound/card1/id: No such file or directory
    V/audio_hw_primary( 120): hp=n speaker=n hdmi=y main-mic=n usb=y
    I wonder if it needs new hwcomposer from lollipop too...

UPDATE: Lollipop hwcomposer works perfectly, just extract and copy /system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.tegra.so and hwcomposer.tegra_v0.so from here: Lollipop HDMI output and mic fix v2
    Last edited by tenchi; 01-22-2015 at 07:57 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

ri9000 (01-22-2015), ZenOgeek (01-22-2015)

Regular
    Thanks
    75 hrs continuous uptime with latest kernel/ cm11-rom.
    i'm sure I could add more to that but had to reboot to add hwcomposer update.
    re hdmi issue: it turns out my cable has a fault so its probably fine.
    rom is smooth fast and stable, thanks Tenchi.

edit: almost 200 hours continuous uptime, cm11 runs nicely for me.
    Last edited by ri9000; 01-30-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ri9000 View Post
    75 hrs continuous uptime with latest kernel/ cm11-rom.
    i'm sure I could add more to that but had to reboot to add hwcomposer update.
    re hdmi issue: it turns out my cable has a fault so its probably fine.
    rom is smooth fast and stable, thanks Tenchi.
    That is great news. Many thanks tenchi and Richard

Thanks
    Sorry to have to ask this, but it's been years since I did any of this, and I'm not a pro...

I did step one (Downloaded all the stuff at the bottom under "download links").

Step 2 says "Extract ClockWorkMod recovery zip," but the file I downloaded from this post (CWMRecovery_6.0.4.7-BorkataTenchiRi9000v2.img) is an img file, and I can't open it with winrar (I get an error). Should I rename it and flash it that way? (Like I did back in the day when I flashed Beast? The "update.zip" method, I think...)

Step 6 says "6. Set Browse driver to Drivers/Driver32-bit/ and install." where is this directory? I'm lost. None of the files I downloaded have this directory inside.

Step 7 says "run "flashrecovery.bat recovery.img" in command line " and I've looked in all the files I downloaded (except the img file that I can't open) but there is neither a Drivers folder or the files flashrecovery.bat and recovery.img

I swear this whole thing was really simple back when I flashed Beast/adamcomb/ics and a few other ROMs ages and ages ago, but I am really lost with these instructions.. I must be missing something.

Resident
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikazz View Post
    I swear this whole thing was really simple back when I flashed Beast/adamcomb/ics and a few other ROMs ages and ages ago, but I am really lost with these instructions.. I must be missing something.
    Try downloading the latest CM12 Lollipop ROM with NVFLASH, you will need this to increase your system partition size anyways. You just install the usb drivers and run download.bat and you will have latest ROM and ClockWorkMod Recovery. This is probably the easiest way to get to latest ROM, if not happy with CM12 you can always go back later to CM11 and just flash the ROM ZIP file in CWM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchi View Post
    Try downloading the latest CM12 Lollipop ROM with NVFLASH, you will need this to increase your system partition size anyways. You just install the usb drivers and run download.bat and you will have latest ROM and ClockWorkMod Recovery. This is probably the easiest way to get to latest ROM, if not happy with CM12 you can always go back later to CM11 and just flash the ROM ZIP file in CWM.
    Okay, I'll do my best. Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly. I'll post in the Lollipop thread if I have any problems with that, thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchi View Post
    CM11 is a good place to start as lollipop roms are not quite stable yet, just follow the instructions on the front page of any rom for install instructions.

It is usually not good to mix two different android versions like cm12 and cm11 together if that is what you are asking.

All roms with work with any adam with or without 3g and pixel qi or not.
    I don't understand, you just told me to install cm12 lollipop yesterday when I was asking about problems installing cm11 kitkat. I went for kitkat because I read somewhere else it was a better choice. I'm not super experienced and I don't need the latest, I just want stability.

I still can't do it... I'm trying to install the drivers but in Device Manager, I don't have an APX Device or anything named "Notion". I have "NI Adam USB Device" listed under disk drives, and I have "E:\" under "Portable devices" (The description field says "Adam" so I'm assuming it's my tablet), but when I try to "Update drivers" on either of these, and point it at the directory stated (in the cm12 nvflash from the lollipop post) it doesn't work. It just says the folder doesn't contain a compatible driver.

According to what you said in the lollipop post, I need to install cm11 instead so I can use kitkat... but then I come back to the issue of not being able to extract the file "CWMRecovery_6.0.4.7-BorkataTenchiRi9000v2.img" listed in this thread. My winrar says it's not a valid archive, and my burning software says it isn't a valid image file. I've downloaded it a half dozen times.

Regular
    Thanks
    Hi Chikazz, if I may...
    To explain further requires going into more technical detail:
    The files ending in " .img" are a sector by sector copy of a filesystem, an "image".
    These "mages" need a low level utility (nvflash) to flash them directly to electronic storage.
    CM11 is supplied as a ".zip" file, an archive containing "images" and supporting Android installer scripts which
    cwm executes. The ".zip" archive also contains an Android "utility" which can flash the ".img" files.
    CM12 is supplied as a ".zip" file, an archive containing "images", but it is also bundled with the Windoz nvflash utility,
    nvflash ".bat" install scripts, and windows nvflash-mode driver files. Unzip this archive on Windoz to get access to included files.
    Please see Tenchi's cm12 op for details.

The adam can run in 3 different modes.
    Nvflash needs the adam running in "bootloader" mode, this bypasses the Android os and allows nvflash access
    over a usb connection to the internal adam memory.
    CWM runs when the adam is running in "recovery" mode, this is a cut down Android os installed in a separate partition
    which has access to other partitions containing our main os.

So how to interpret all this?
    Well to make it easy to install cwm and repartition all in one go, nvflash install CM12.
    (see "download.bat" in Tenchis cm12 op)
    If you decide you would like a more mature/ developed os then Tenchis CM11 is for you!
    You can now easily install CM11 as you have already correctly repartitoned your adam,
    and also now have the correct CWM to install it with.
    ..hope this clears up some things.
    Last edited by ri9000; 02-02-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks
    My problem here is that when (In the cm12 lollipop thread) it tells me to extract the zip, and then "Set Browse driver to Drivers/Driver32-bit/ and install." Well, I can find that directory inside the zip. Because it's a zip.

There is no zip containing that directory in the download section of this cm11 thread. I'm assuming that when it says "Extract ClockWorkMod recovery zip." it's referring to this:

"ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7 Recovery with nvflash (run "flashrecovery.bat recovery.img" in command line):
    download CWM with battery indicator from Borkata and working USB thanks to ri9000 "

But that isn't a zip, it's an img.

The zip that has the boot.img does not have any bat files in it.

Also, as I said in my last post, I don't have the right device in my device manager.

As mentioned earlier, when I got my adam years ago, I flashed all sorts of roms onto it. Beast, adamcomb, cromnia, etc. I've flashed my galaxy tab 2 with kitkat recently, and my phone as well. I'm not at all an expert with android, but I'm not a tech newbie either, I've been building and fixing PCs since I was six. I feel like there's a big disconnect here. Forgive me if I'm frustrated, but I've never had this kind of problem before.
    Last edited by Chikazz; 02-02-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Regular
    Thanks
    step 1: extract CM12.zip to a working folder.
    This should extract a folder "nvflash_win_lin" to your working folder.
    Inside nvflash_win_lin should be 6 more folders.
    One of these is "Drivers". Inside this is your Windoz drivers.
    Browse inside here when installing your drivers.

step 2. Also inside "nvflash_win_lin" you will find the nvflash utility and the ".bat" scripts.
    run "download.bat"
    Last edited by ri9000; 02-02-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads