Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: [KK-ROM] Paranoid Android ROM 4.4 KitKat for ADAM [WIP]

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I'm back up and running. I installed the pac man 5.1 rom, and over that the PA 4.4 rom and it's working now. I tried a couple reboots and overall it's a little slower than I remember, but otherwise everything is working fine. Any advice on what to do if I start getting low space errors again?

  2. #42
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shawd1 View Post
    Thanks mikus and tenchi for the quick replies.

    re-partitioning the internal sdcard in CWM 6.0.4.7 removed the data error but I am still getting the ".android_secure" error:

    -- Wiping data...
    Formatting /data...
    Formatting /cache...
    Formatting /sd-ext...
    E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
    Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
    Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!
    Skipping format...
    Data wipe complete.
    Those are the normal errors that can be ignored safely.

    I've also tried doing everything with the external sd card removed and that didn't make a difference. I tried re-partitioning both my internal and external sd card in adb and was hoping I could boot from the external according to the new post about running the rom form external. Didn't work. I have never messed my adam up this bad before, and it's all because I used the Link2SD app.
    The boot from external is currently only for Lollipop, but if there is a need for a Kitkat sdcard boot still I can make one.

    So I'm back up and running. I installed the pac man 5.1 rom, and over that the PA 4.4 rom and it's working now. I tried a couple reboots and overall it's a little slower than I remember, but otherwise everything is working fine. Any advice on what to do if I start getting low space errors again?
    Glad you got it working again, it is much smoother from sdcard let me know if you want me to make a kitkat version. Not sure about the low space errors other than trying different ROM maybe?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

    shawd1 (05-06-2015)

  4. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would love to run everything off the external sd card and still use the PA rom.

    I have pretty much tried every rom since the Eden and Adamcomb days and this rom is the by far the smoothest and most responsive. I never get an SOD, the keyboard has almost no delay while typing, battery lasts at least twice as long as the stock rom, twitch and youtube run on high settings (720p?). The new lollipop roms are pretty fast too but getting gapps to work without keyboard errors is kind of a pain. Installing this PA rom seems to be much easier and straight forward too. Being able to install the rom as a zip from CWS is really nice.

    I tried following your steps on how to partition the extrernal sd card and "parted" in adb wouldn't let me use multiples of the number you mentioned. Everything "parted" suggested was not devisable by that number. Can you recommend the ideal numbers to make the most out of a 32GB sd card? And is there a way to make ext4 partitions without making ext2 ones and then converting them?
    Last edited by shawd1; 05-04-2015 at 06:06 PM.

  5. #44
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shawd1 View Post
    I would love to run everything off the external sd card and still use the PA rom.

    I have pretty much tried every rom since the Eden and Adamcomb days and this rom is the by far the smoothest and most responsive. I never get an SOD, the keyboard has almost no delay while typing, battery lasts at least twice as long as the stock rom, twitch and youtube run on high settings (720p?). The new lollipop roms are pretty fast too but getting gapps to work without keyboard errors is kind of a pain. Installing this PA rom seems to be much easier and straight forward too. Being able to install the rom as a zip from CWS is really nice.

    I tried following your steps on how to partition the extrernal sd card and "parted" in abs wouldn't let me use multiples of the number you mentioned. Everything "parted" suggested was not devisable by that number. Can you recommend the ideal numbers to make the most out of a 32GB sd card? And is there a way to make ext4 partitions without making ext2 ones and then converting them?
    You do have to make ext2 first then convert, here is my layout:

    (parted) p
    p
    p
    Model: SD 00000 (sd/mmc)
    Disk /dev/block/mmcblk1: 31393316864B
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
    Partition Table: msdos

    Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
    1 32256B 22000959487B 22000927232B primary fat32 lba
    2 22000959488B 23001169919B 1000210432B primary ext4
    3 23001563136B 31393316863B 8391753728B primary ext4

    I guess it doesn't all have to be divisible by 131072 except maybe just system and data partitions which seems most important.

    I have posted sdcard boot install version of pa on front page, tried to make a generic package but for some reason it didn't work.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

    shawd1 (05-06-2015)

  7. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, it's amazing how fast you cook these things up.

    Sadly I couldn't get it to work. I used your numbers to partition my external SD card, I installed the sdcard PA rom in CWM 6.0.5.1, installed the sdcard fix, flashed the slim 5.1 sdcard boot image, and all I get a is a blank screen with no boot animation, and the flashing orange light on the right. I tried the boot image from the sdcard PA rom zip and that didn't make a difference. I installed the Slim 5.1 rom and tried both boot images with the same results. I've reinstalled CWM 6.0.4.7 and went back to the internal sdcard PA rom, and I'm back to normal. Do you think it has something to do with the partitions, or the boot images?

  8. #46
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shawd1 View Post
    Wow, it's amazing how fast you cook these things up.

    Sadly I couldn't get it to work. I used your numbers to partition my external SD card, I installed the sdcard PA rom in CWM 6.0.5.1, installed the sdcard fix, flashed the slim 5.1 sdcard boot image, and all I get a is a blank screen with no boot animation, and the flashing orange light on the right. I tried the boot image from the sdcard PA rom zip and that didn't make a difference. I installed the Slim 5.1 rom and tried both boot images with the same results. I've reinstalled CWM 6.0.4.7 and went back to the internal sdcard PA rom, and I'm back to normal. Do you think it has something to do with the partitions, or the boot images?
    You could try manually extracting boot.img from zip and flash that. Not sure why it is not working for you otherwise.

  9. #47
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    I updated the sdcard boot version now it should be writing boot.img properly now, seems old script never did work.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

    shawd1 (05-06-2015)

  11. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used your updated file and was able to get it to boot. I thought it didn't work at first but after I let it sit for like 20 minutes it finally booted into the google customization screen. It probably worked with the old file but I wasn't patient enough and figured it didn't work since the boot animation never showed up. Everything seems pretty slow, especially downloading and installing apps. I took benchmarks using A1 SD bench and I get 0.5MB/s read and 3MB/s write on the 22GB SD Card partition. On the 8GB "internal" SD Card partition I get 4MB/s read and 5 MB/s write. The SD card I am using is a Class 10 32GB microSD from ADATA. It's kinda old so maybe it's just too slow to use for OS partitions. I have all my apps and settings the way I want them now and I will keep testing to see if I get a low space error like with the internal SD rom.

    Could it be that I partitioned something wrong? I used this guide, and put everything on parted /dev/block/mmcblk1:

    https://github.com/LegacyXperia/Wiki...Card-using-ADB
    Last edited by shawd1; 05-08-2015 at 04:11 PM.

  12. #49
    Resident
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    803
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 531 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shawd1 View Post
    I used your updated file and was able to get it to boot. I thought it didn't work at first but after I let it sit for like 20 minutes it finally booted into the google customization screen. It probably worked with the old file put I wasn't patient enough and figured it didn't work since the boot animation never showed up. Everything seems pretty slow, especially downloading and installing apps. I took benchmarks using A1 SD bench and I get 0.5MB/s read and 3MB/s write on the 22GB SD Card partition. On the 8GB "internal" SD Card partition I get 4MB/s read and 5 MB/s write. The SD card I am using is a Class 10 32GB microSD from ADATA. It's kinda old so maybe it's just too slow to use for OS partitions. I have all my apps and settings the way I want them now and I will keep testing to see if I get a low space error like with the internal SD rom.

    Could it be that I partitioned something wrong? I used this guide, and put everything on parted /dev/block/mmcblk1:

    https://github.com/LegacyXperia/Wiki...Card-using-ADB
    That does seem slow for a Class 10 card, maybe the partitions need to start at a 131072 byte boundary perhaps which is how I setup mine?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. [KK-ROM] KatKiss Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for ADAM [WIP]
    By tenchi in forum Kit Kat (ADAM)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 07:00 AM
  2. [KK-ROM] PAC-MAN 4.4 KitKat UNOFFICIAL ADAM ROM [WIP]
    By tenchi in forum Kit Kat (ADAM)
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 11-26-2014, 08:00 PM
  3. [KK-ROM] Slim ROM Android 4.4 KitKat for ADAM [WIP]
    By tenchi in forum Kit Kat (ADAM)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 08:50 PM
  4. Best kitkat for adam needed
    By mnnbht3 in forum Kit Kat (ADAM)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-28-2014, 06:55 PM
  5. [KK-ROM] OMNI ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat for ADAM [WIP]
    By tenchi in forum Kit Kat (ADAM)
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:00 PM

Search tags for this page

could not load library libsigchain.so from ld preload for /system/bin/sh

,
cwm 6.0.5.1 adam notion ink
,
install zip from sideload vmax
,

keyguardtestactivity

,

keyguardtestactivity has stopped

,

kk aplog

,

paranoid 4.4.2 kit-kat rom

,
unfortunately keyguardtestactivity has stopped
,
unfortunately kryguardtestactivity has stopped
,
unfortunately, keyguardtestactivity has stopped
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •