Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best kitkat for adam needed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchi View Post
    To avoid deep sleep on any ROM you can get the Wake Lock app and put it in setting 4. partial wake lock mode this will keep the Adam from deep sleeping and freezing it can also be set in options to run on boot up. The only downside is that it will use more power than a deep sleep but at least it won't freeze...
    HI Borkata / tenchi,
    Got into trouble
    Did SD card partition using cm11_cwmrecovery_6.0.4.7.img. the largest option it had was 4096MB and used it. After this I wasnt able to mount sdcard. My ideas was to flash a rom but noticed that there is nothing available that could be read. . reflashed edenx using nvflash. and it only shows 4gb space, no sdcard.. Could you please advice on how to recover ?
    thanks
    Adarsha
    Last edited by Adarsha Marpalli; 09-25-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarsha Marpalli View Post
    HI Borkata / tenchi,
    Got into trouble
    Did SD card partition using cm11_cwmrecovery_6.0.4.7.img. the largest option it had was 4096MB and used it. After this I wasnt able to mount sdcard. My ideas was to flash a rom but noticed that there is nothing available that could be read. . reflashed edenx using nvflash. and it only shows 4gb space, no sdcard.. Could you please advice on how to recover ?
    thanks
    Adarsha
    Hi Adarsha, if you flash with Tenchis nvflash it should partition correctly for you.
    I think download from his new Omnirom o/p.
    or
    using cwm6.0.4.7. *Note there are two versions. Use the one with battery percent in top r/h corner of screen..link on Omnirom o/p, or from my google drive(kernel 3.1 o/p).
    edit: after repartition manually, reboot again to recovery, format /data , format /system.
    If any errors get logs under "advanced"
    Last edited by ri9000; 09-25-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ri9000 View Post
    Hi Adarsha, if you flash with Tenchis nvflash it should partition correctly for you.
    I think download from his new Omnirom o/p.
    or
    using cwm6.0.4.7. *Note there are two versions. Use the one with battery percent in top r/h corner of screen..link on Omnirom o/p, or from my google drive(kernel 3.1 o/p).
    edit: after repartition manually, reboot again to recovery, format /data , format /system.
    If any errors get logs under "advanced"
    hi
    Thanks for this. After flashing sdcard is mounting and I have 4gb partition now.
    I flashed cm11 ROM and kernel patch from Tenchi. Here are issues I faced with LS, Omni and now CM11 ROM .
    _YouTube app force closes while trying to load a video. Search works , previews shown but video does not load.
    _ROM is very slow.I thought more internal partition should work but seems no.

Any pointers ?

Thanks a lot,

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarsha Marpalli View Post
    hi
    Thanks for this. After flashing sdcard is mounting and I have 4gb partition now.
    I flashed cm11 ROM and kernel patch from Tenchi. Here are issues I faced with LS, Omni and now CM11 ROM .
    _YouTube app force closes while trying to load a video. Search works , previews shown but video does not load.
    _ROM is very slow.I thought more internal partition should work but seems no.

Any pointers ?

Thanks a lot,
    sounds like no h/w accelleration. I think thats a rom issue?
    My setup..used my own boot-image with Borkatas cm11 rom, and my modified framework-res.apk to fix mtp browsing (fixed in cm11-14/8/ , don't know if that one was released? ).
    Look in "kernel 3.1 boot image" thread for my download links to boot-images and utils. I used Tenchis nvflash (i think) to partition. ..or Borkatas cwm6.0.4.7 (it has battery % in top r/h corner), to partition and format. (format data & system manually in cwm).
    fyi: a "df" on my adam shows /system - 620MB, /data 7GB, /storage/sdcard1 285.5MB (& 0 swap).
    Mxplayer and its separate decoder is the best video player. Enable video h/w accelleration in its settings. I had no trouble with 720p video, once I had o/c a little bit. In cm11, settings, performance i think.
    My latest boot-image comes o/c @ 1.4Ghz. Probably 1.2Ghz should be enough though.
    Now i'm testing Tenchis new Omnirom, still with my "Y2" boot-image (default o/c @ 1.4ghz). I just fired up u-tube and played some rubbish to test again! But it played just fine in u-tube app.
    I hope my ramblings are of use! time for bed for me...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldysan63 View Post
    Having tried both....and based on my experience I am for PacMan......no idea why I had issues with stability and random reboots with LS-KK....as well as Gapps....
    But with PacMan....I found it very stable and the camera in LS-KK was better I guess.....

But I have experienced SOD in both.....no idea if I am the only one....!
    Best Video Baby Monitor
    Overall.....now I can use my ADAM sitting next to someone using iPAD and feel proud of it....many thanks for making it happen Guys....!

Cheers!
    I really am liking the ability to change recent apps switcher as the default one is slow to bring up at times and lots of other customizations can be done in PAC-ROM. For smoothness of scrolling it is LiquidSmooth.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravikaleova View Post
    I really am liking the ability to change recent apps switcher as the default one is slow to bring up at times and lots of other customizations can be done in PAC-ROM. For smoothness of scrolling it is LiquidSmooth.
    Hint, to speed up scrolling and response time in all the kitkat roms, in developer-options: There are 3 window animation options, drop the number to 0.5 or turn it off for a speedy adam.
    Oh and o/c just a little bit. Most adams can handle 1.2Ghz .... don't let it get hot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads