Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [KK-ROM] KatKiss Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for ADAM [WIP]

Resident
    Thanks

[KK-ROM] KatKiss Android 4.4.3 KitKat Float MultiWindow ROM for ADAM 2014-06-05 [WIP]

This is a port of KatKiss 4.4.3 for the ADAM. It is a port of the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Katkiss 4.4 ROM from Timduru. Floating MultiWindow is now working in this ROM as well as many other things, see below for what's now working. The ROM comes pre-rooted as well.

There is should no longer be initial freezing during setup.

3G is included, but am unable to test since I have Wifi only version.

You may have to increase system partition size if installing full Google Apps package by flashing with NVFLASH package if you haven't done so already.

Install Instructions for ROM ZIP package
    1. Download from ROM ZIP from link below to your Adam.
    2. You must use ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7 (Version is important), if you don't have this version you should download and install with NVFLASH package first.
    2. Power on Adam while holding Volume + to enter recovery mode.
    2. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and then "Yes - wipe all user data".
    3. Select "Mounts and storage" and then "format /system" and then "Yes - format".
    4. Select "Install zip" and then "choose zip from [location where you downloaded ROM ZIP]" and then select ROM.zip and then "Yes - Install ROM.zip".
    5. Select "reboot system now".

Install Instructions for Windows NVFLASH package

1. Download from links below the ROM, any updated boot.img, google apps if needed.
    2. Extract nvflash ROM zip file.
    3. Connect Adam via usb to computer.
    4. Set Adam to nvflash recovery mode by holding Volume - and power on.
    5. Goto driver manager in Windows and you should see some APX device, and right click on update the driver for this device.
    6. Set Browse driver to Drivers/Driver32-bit/ and install.
    7. run "fbs.bat" to just install ROM and wait till it finished flashing or run "download.bat" to completely format your Adam internal storage and install complete ROM with ClockWorkMod Recovery and a 650 Meg system partition by default.
    9. Reboot Adam while holding Volume + to go into ClockWorkMod recovery.
    10. Wipe data/factory reset. (This will wipe all data from your internal sdcard and the cache).
    11. Install Google apps.zip if needed.
    12. Skip to step 16 if you don't need to flash an updated boot.img
    13. Reboot while holding volume - to go into nvflash recovery again.
    14. Copy downloaded boot.img into your nvflash directory or extract boot.img from ROM.zip (if no updated boot image is available).
    15. Run "flashboot.bat boot.img" in command line.
    16. Restart after it is finished flashing and you will boot into your new Kitkat ROM.

How to obtain adam logs to report problems

1. Download ADB and USB drivers zip below in download section.
    2. Extract zip and run UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi.
    3. Connect Adam to computer via USB.
    4. Power on Adam with ROM you are having problems with to capture log and do what you did you get the problem.
    3. Launch Windows command prompt and type cd "path to platform-tools".
    4. Type "adb wait-for-device pull /data/aplog".
    6. If you get remote object '/data/aplog/ does not exist' goto step 8.
    7. Type "adb pull /data/dmsg".
    8. Type "adb shell".
    9. Type "cd /data".
    10. Goto step 12 if step 4 and 7 were successful.
    10. Type "logcat > aplog &".
    11. Type "dmesg > dmsg".
    12. Type "cat /proc/kmsg > kmsg &".
    13. Press CTRL-C to exit shell.
    14. Type "adb pull /data/aplog".
    15. Type "adb pull /data/dmsg".
    16. Type "adb pull /data/kmsg".
    17. You should now have 3 files in your platform-tools directory, aplog, dmsg, and kmsg.
    18. Launch Web browser and goto Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!.
    19. Open aplog in wordpad and copy and paste all text to web page and submit.
    20. Create a new message in this thread and paste the URL from pastebin.com of your newly submitted log.
    21. Repeat 19-20 for dmsg and kmsg.

Download links:

download KatKiss 4.4.3 ROM ZIP 2014-06-05 Update

download KatKiss 4.4.2 ROM ZIP 2014-04-09 Update

KatKiss 4.4 ROM for ADAM with nvflash and ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7:
    download Alpha 1 NVFLASH package

Get Google Apps for Android 4.4.x here: download

ADB with USB drivers download

Source download links:

KatKiss 4.4 ROM: download

Device tree and kernel source: download

Vendor tree: download

Change Log:

[2014-06-05]
    Built on Android 4.4.3 now and 2.6.39 kernel from cm10.1
    MultiWindow now has support for floating windows
    Bluetooth and camera not working

[2014-04-09]
    Latest KatKiss ROM updates with MultiWindow now working
    Various Performance optimizations and some parts from LiquidSmooth ROM
    HDMI output
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Apps should have access to internal sdcard0 now
    Camera (lines and flickering sometimes)
    USB connection to PC has some issues with after waking from sleep

Alpha 1:
    Camera not a mirror image anymore and correct orientation
    Pixel Qi mode
    Wifi
    root access works with prompts
    Youtube with hardware accelerated HD video playback (Thanks to Borkata!)
    Plus more...

Credits
    Borkata for making such an excellent kernel and CM ports and help with problems

Timduru for providing a unique KitKat ROM
    Last edited by tenchi; 06-05-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Android 4.4.3 with Floating MultiWindow
    tartutic07 likes this.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tenchi For This Useful Post:

antfoe (03-09-2014), Borkata (02-21-2014), matresstester (04-24-2014), oartalk (03-29-2015), Prema (03-16-2014), ri9000 (06-18-2014), tabletron (05-01-2014), Trans (02-21-2014), Waho (02-22-2014), ZenOgeek (04-18-2014)

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    I am glad you managed to handle the HD problem Nice install instructions too. Keep up with fixing and ROM updates.
    I drink Beer
    Like my work - buy me one.

Thanks
    Installed this one and had a problem with Encryption unsuccessful. I might have seen the symptoms to the problem. When I do a factory reset it /data could not be formatted. Is there a way to sort this out?

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosu View Post
    Installed this one and had a problem with Encryption unsuccessful. I might have seen the symptoms to the problem. When I do a factory reset it /data could not be formatted. Is there a way to sort this out?
    Open in recovery advanced menu and choose "format /data and /sdcard" from there.
    I drink Beer

Thanks
    Something related to the KK roms (maybe the specific CWM implementation?) corrupts the data partition - I have seen this behaviour with both this rom and also with Borkata's KK rom. I had the encryption error and immediate reboots.

I couldn't format the data partition but had to resort to nvflash which repartitions the internal storage AFAIK.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soren66 View Post
    Something related to the KK roms (maybe the specific CWM implementation?) corrupts the data partition - I have seen this behaviour with both this rom and also with Borkata's KK rom. I had the encryption error and immediate reboots.

I couldn't format the data partition but had to resort to nvflash which repartitions the internal storage AFAIK.
    I will work on my recovery and make possible to repartition internal storage - data and internal sd.

Also you can try an old recovery of mine. I have repartitioned mine before using ftp://151.1.73.13/test/cwmrecovery6.0.2.8.img - this is a custom recovery with option to increase size of data partition to almost all the space leaving only ~200MB for internal SD. I am currently with that setup and keep internal sd just to store a ROM in case I need to reflash. The bigger data is better since the emulated sdcard(s) can share whole space of the data partition and when I need music and movies I have the external partition where I placed 16GB microSD.
    I drink Beer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkata View Post
    I will work on my recovery and make possible to repartition internal storage - data and internal sd.

Also you can try an old recovery of mine. I have repartitioned mine before using ftp://151.1.73.13/test/cwmrecovery6.0.2.8.img - this is a custom recovery with option to increase size of data partition to almost all the space leaving only ~200MB for internal SD. I am currently with that setup and keep internal sd just to store a ROM in case I need to reflash. The bigger data is better since the emulated sdcard(s) can share whole space of the data partition and when I need music and movies I have the external partition where I placed 16GB microSD.
    Soren is spot on. It is a CWM recovery that messes up the KK ROM. I had to go back to Eden twice and then upgrade to JB and KK. So finally I have something that boots and this is being typed on Adam but I think there are still some bugs especially tomdomwith google processes that crop up. I have also had the launcher Trebchuet crash which resulted in a hard reset.
    Last edited by Gosu; 02-22-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Grammer

Resident
    Thanks
    I am wondering if it has something to do with switching to ext4 in this new ROM and the ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.7 of mine might be still formatting to ext3? Although I have personally not seen the encryption issue with KitKat ROMs thus far.

Thanks
    Thanks A lot. Nice that people like you continue to adapt android for Adam.
    Fabien

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkata View Post

Being huge fan of the Timduru's KatKiss and OmniRom I'd almost like to try these two for Adam, but your LiquidSmooth currently seems to be a little more advanced...
    I like tenchi's nvflash variants, because they are basically just so super easy to set-up (I even went from your CM10 Beta 3 straight to KatKiss 4.3 with all applications and data intact!!! Had to pick up my eyes off the floor on that one! Especially because I only did it to get a SElinux capable recovery).

I'm somehow assuming that NVflash setups will repartition automatically, yet I don't think I'll ever want to go back from sdard emulation: So am I correct to assume that the current KatKiss and OmniRom will be using the old 2G-ext4/6G-VFat layout?

If so, I guess I'd rather wait until tenchi and you have completed this pass!
    And perhaps updated to the current OmniRom release, which integrates the OmniBar I find rather nice to have and Liquid has only as external app.

Just in case this sounds like I'm criticising you guys: I absolutely love the fact that you are replicating just about every ROM out there I've tried and found something to like about on Adam!

It seems a little insane, but I guess there is no accounting for hobbies and I'm just ever so happy to have such a wide range of choices!

I love KatKiss (been using it on my TF101 for years!) for its super speed, rock solid quality, quick app toggle and multi-win.
    I love OmniRom because of its rounded feature set, super quality and cross device availability (running it on Nexus 4, 7, 10, Note 1, Oppo Find 5 and possibly soon Galaxy S)
    I love PAC because of Parandroid multiDPI support, which can be pretty essential if you try to double duty your phone as an HDMI Android stick (why pay twice?).

I love LiquidSmooth simply because you make it currently the most solid and fast performer on Adam, but as a ROM it sticks out as an oddball in my collection.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads