Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eta, time of arrival, or just curious.

Thanks

Wink Eta, time of arrival, or just curious.

So you are patiently waiting for the next ICS version to be released? Just want to let the developers know you are thankful for their hard work? Just want to rant about some minor insignificant things? Are you impatiently waiting? Just have to ask when the next version is going to be ready? Well post all that right here. This way you won't upset the fan boys in the main thread.
    - Be content with the knowledge that when there is nothing left to say, there really is nothing left to say -

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    or you can annoy the devs and can lock this thread......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    or you can annoy the devs and can lock this thread......
    This isn't an XDA forum. Hopefully people are still allowed to post what they want. Even if you find it a bit annoying that people are exited about your work. The anticipation is almost unbearable. And its not like you have to even read this thread....
    - Be content with the knowledge that when there is nothing left to say, there really is nothing left to say -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Humfleet View Post
    This isn't an XDA forum. Hopefully people are still allowed to post what they want. Even if you find it a bit annoying that people are exited about your work. The anticipation is almost unbearable. And its not like you have to even read this thread....
    Yes but the devs have asked nicely NOT TO ASK FOR ETA's as they will not give one, and your thread is asking people to do just that, "Ask for ETA's", I for one would rather NOT know when it is coming, than take the chance of pissing off the person working on it by asking them, "Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?" ......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher64 View Post
    Yes but the devs have asked nicely NOT TO ASK FOR ETA's as they will not give one, and your thread is asking people to do just that, "Ask for ETA's", I for one would rather NOT know when it is coming, than take the chance of pissing off the person working on it by asking them, "Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?","Is it done yet?" ......
    I agree 100%. Don't you realize that these devs are basically doing this for free? Those asking for ETAs and moaning and groaning over what doesn't work remind me of welfare recipients saying they want more from the government, even if they get it for free.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey.Steinberg View Post
    I agree 100%. Don't you realize that these devs are basically doing this for free? Those asking for ETAs and moaning and groaning over what doesn't work remind me of welfare recipients saying they want more from the government, even if they get it for free.
    I can see not asking for ETA's but I haven't seen any real moaning/groaning about what doesn't work. Wouldn't a dev want to know what isn't working? This is a beta, aren't we betatesters in a sense?

I've already seen a beta ICS MOD blamed on problems with a $40 app. It wasn't me but I did chime in that I had the same problem. Later somebody with a stock device reported the same problem.
    Nexus 10 32GB Unofficial AOKP [PUB] ROM with KTManta kernel
    Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1

Thanks
    Omg, I made this thread so you guys who hate the people asking questions you find so offensive won't post in the main thread and you won't have to read them and you're still upset. you don't have to read this thread, and you definitely don't have to post in it.

I don't mind a little conversation and speculation about when the next release is going to be. I'm thinking 3 Weeks. Surely no more than a year. Maybe 6 months. I really don't care. R8 keeps me satisfied. I appreciate the free work these guys are doing. I'm trying to learn how to cook up a decent ROM. If I ever get it to work you can feel free to ask when my next version will be out. Then I simply won't answer you. Or, if I know, I'll let you know too.

Thanks
    LOL. Please sir, may I have some more? Welfare... Lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Humfleet View Post
    LOL. Please sir, may I have some more? Welfare... Lol.
    I don't think you got my point....But I didn't expect you too...

Thanks
    I don't think you got my point....But I didn't expect you too...
    I just donated $20 to DJ Steve. Pretty good for a welfare recipient. I got your point. I just thought it was kind of stupid.

Do you ever agree with someone only 72%? When you say you agree with someone that typically means all the way. You don't have to specify a percentage of agreement.
    Last edited by Derek Humfleet; 03-12-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: agreement percentages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads