Thread: Acer ICS OTA

Thanks

Acer ICS OTA

Acer has started the OTA process to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to all A500 devices. I got the notification that an update was available today. I've uploaded the base OTA file for those of you that would like to use it. It can be found here:

http://downloads.tabletroms.com/blaz...F411D7F117.zip

This has not been modified in anyway. What that means is it will not have root or have any files removed or changed. It might not be installable as is.

This is the gen2 file meant for the US. The update is called Acer_A500_7.014.02_041.205.01_COM_GEN2 by Acer. In the build prop it shows as Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1.
    In fire and EMS? Check the Play Store for my current apps Code Log and Pumper calc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blazingwolf For This Useful Post:

looking335 (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    This will install over a rooted ROM and at the least RA Revamped recovery. I didn't have CWM installed but I imagine that it will install over that as well.

If for some reason you would like to flash this and be back to stock it was located in cache/fota_dn. You will have to be rooted in order to get the file in to that folder. I'm pretty sure you should also be able to pull the update.zip out of the main zip and then flash it with a recovery. I can't be 100% sure it will work for all recoveries though.
    In fire and EMS? Check the Play Store for my current apps Code Log and Pumper calc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
    This will install over a rooted ROM and at the least RA Revamped recovery. I didn't have CWM installed but I imagine that it will install over that as well.

If for some reason you would like to flash this and be back to stock it was located in cache/fota_dn. You will have to be rooted in order to get the file in to that folder. I'm pretty sure you should also be able to pull the update.zip out of the main zip and then flash it with a recovery. I can't be 100% sure it will work for all recoveries though.
    Thanks for this blazingwolf. I had been running one of the leaked ICS releases and noticed Acer had made an official release. I'm glad you confirmed RA Revamped worked. Do you still have access to RA Revamped after the update? I updated my BL to the ICS but it installed a different recovery, so I'm wanting to go back to RA Revamped.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by looking335 View Post
    Thanks for this blazingwolf. I had been running one of the leaked ICS releases and noticed Acer had made an official release. I'm glad you confirmed RA Revamped worked. Do you still have access to RA Revamped after the update? I updated my BL to the ICS but it installed a different recovery, so I'm wanting to go back to RA Revamped.
    It doesn't work with the unlocked ICS bootloader. i haven't tried it yet with the locked one. Something to look in to. I know that TWRP is working on a version that works with the unlocked bootloader.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
    It doesn't work with the unlocked ICS bootloader. i haven't tried it yet with the locked one. Something to look in to. I know that TWRP is working on a version that works with the unlocked bootloader.
    Thanks man, I went to XDA and got the info.

A note for others running BL v3. If you attempt to install TWRP via GooManager, it will fail. In the TWRP thread, someone (Zatta) posted a flashable zip that works (TWRP v2.1.0).

Banned
    Thanks
    Acer official declared ICS OTA release date as soon as the update well-becoming. Acer would have complete OS install over the USB rather than an OTS update.

Thanks
    I actually did the ICS update on another A500 using Acer's app in Google's Play Store. Pretty quick and easy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Remove Ads