Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acer Recovery Installer v2.0

Thanks

Acer Recovery Installer v2.0

The latest version of Acer Recovery Installer is now available on the Android Market (once the market lets it through anyway) and can also be downloaded here for those that can't access the market. It is recommended you install the market version, so that you get update notifications via market when a new version is available.

This version DOES NOT include thor's latest clockwork recovery image, due to GPL violations. However, it will recognize them (1.4, 1.41 and 1.42) if installed. All new features of Acer Recovery Installer will work with CWM rev 1.3.4 (included) and higher. If you want to use thor's latest version, keep a copy of his recovery.img in the root of your Micro-SD and use the "Custom" option in ARI to install it.

New Premium Features!

Backup/Restore - This will let you initiate a Nandroid Backup or Restore procedure without having to manually boot into recovery. It will see all your previous Nandroid backups, whether they are on your Micro-SD or USB drive, and let you selse which partitions to restore. The tablet will then automatically reboot to ClockworkMod recovery to do the backup or restore process, then reboot back to normal mode.

Download/Install ROMs - This feature will allow you to download the various ROMs from the internet and initiate the install process. You have the option of having it autotically run a nandroid backup and/or wipe date before installing the selected ROM. Again, the tablet will reboot into ClockworkMod recovery to do the work.

Note about XooM based ROMs. XooM ROMs do not let an apps write directly to the Micro-SD card due to a premission restriction. So when the Download/Install ROMs module tries to download the ROM List or a ROM File on a XooM based ROM, it must download it to your /mnt/sdcard/download folder and then move it to the proper place on the Micro-SD card, which is in a folder called "ROMs". All other ROMs download directly to the ROMs folder of your Micro-SD.

Note about Virtuous ROMs. The author has not given me permission to mirror his ROMs on a server that can handle direct hot-linking. Therefore, the Virtuous ROMs could not be included in this release. If he gives me permission, or provides a way to direct hot-link to his ROMs, then I will include them.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have a great deal of respect for those guys and I have been running their rom on my phone for nearly two years. I really like to get to know them and introduce them to our team and build some friendships.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    I found a lot more busybox dependencies when adding new features last night. v2.1 will come out in a couple of days and all the busybox dependencies will be removed.

It will also have stock roms in the list with an option to add root access to it on the fly.

Cheers,
    EB

Thanks
    I just uploaded v2.1 with stock roms and no more external requirements for busybox.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for these posts. Would you like to join our development team? Comes with supermod rights, access to use our unmetered ftp server, cooler title, and the opportunity to make a lot of great friends.

Last edited by zerofeel; 08-23-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Zero feel, I'd be honored!

V2.2 is available. Has on option to install itself on top of any selected roms. Also added some new roms.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Will promote you and email the ftp info tonight. Welcome to the team.

Thanks
    Look for an update later tonight, around 10pm cst. That's the soonest i will be able to look at the "already purchased" problem. If i cant fix it by that time, i'll extend the beta access until i can fix it.

I strive to provide the best customer support i can, and assure everyone i will fix the problem as soon as possible.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Update has been uploaded to the link in the OP and to market. The problem is not completely solved yet, but i've extended the beta period until next friday.

I've also added code to save a copy of your local license file in 3 places.
    /data/data/com.interphaze.AcerRecoveryInstaller
    /mnt/sdcard/download
    /mnt/external_sd/ROMs (or various path depending on the ROM installed)

The app looks in all 3 places to try to find the license. So hopefully, this will take care of new premium users. I still have to come up with a method to restore the license file for existing premium users. I suspect I'll have to store purchase information on my own server and check against that instead of the market.

I'll be working on that during the next week.

Thank you all for your patients.
    Last edited by Euclid's Brother; 08-27-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks
    v2.41 is posted on the link in OP and should be available soon in the Market.

Fixes potentially bad backup path, depending on the custom rom installed. the BUILD version gets appeneded to the backup path, but some ROMs have chars that are not allowed in file path.

Fixes problem of detecting ext sdcard on Minimalist, or any other ROM that uses the mount command that's linked to busybox instead of toolbox.

Let me know of any problems you guys find.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads