Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FAQ for ics beta etcetera

Regular
    Thanks

FAQ for ics beta etcetera

Since a lot of questions get asked more then once I wanted to start a FAQ. So this is my first attempt. Feel free to add.
    It would be great if subsequent posts are related to the FAQ.

this thread has been copied to a wiki (thanks) which can be found here:

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/sho...Status-of-ROMs
    the wiki will be maintenained more than this thread, howver FAQ discussion might better be held here, to keep the wiki clean.

general:
    Nice a FAQ. my question is not on it however, what do I do?
    go here and read the first post.
    use the search function,or just read al the pages
    read other forum threads
    go to the github on the page mentioned above.
    if you are sure it is a new question, then post it. be prepared to be ignored of you did not research your question before posting.

installation:

how do I flash the new ICS rom?
    go here and read the first post.
    do not forget to wipe thoroughly before you flash. it is advised to even wipe your sd card. but make a backup of your files first! read the entry: do i need to use nvflash?

Do I need to use nvflash?
    Yes, first nvflash to update the size of your system partitions, if you have not flashed the new beta roms before.
    otherwise you can flash the beta 3 via recovery.

my computer does not recognize my adam when connected to a usb cable.?
    have you installed the drivers included in the download called: CM9-ADAM-BETA-AIO

drivers?? what are they, or how do i update them?
    please find someone to help. it is more than likely that you do not have the skills to do an update.
    but if you still want to try: open the device manager, right click on the not recognized adam device, update drivers and browse to the directory where you unzipped the nvflash update and find the drivers. (windows version)
    also read this post

can i flash beta3.zip only?
    no you need to nvflash first, then use the recovery to flash the beta3.zip

Do I need to flash the GAPPS
    The Gapps have been updated. you need to flash them after installing Beta3

something went wrong, my adam is not booting, things are missing, i have strange behaviour.
    try wiping everything again and redo the update. did you nvflash? did you flash the follow up beta?

What cable should i use to connect my ADAM
    this is a mini usb cable that you plug into the left side of the adam. people have reported that you need a good quality cable.
    so be sure to check your cable in case of connection problems

performance is slow after updating
    Yes, market is trying to sync over the internet. this slows down the ADAM. speed should pick up after an hour or so. go do something else.

performance improved, but then slowed down again
    what did you install?
    f.e. Go launcher EX is known to slow things down.
    a workaround could be to increase the minimum frequency in the performance settings

I can not unlock after installation
    try rebooting

oops, something is really wrong. you killed my ADAM
    we did no such thing. you do this on your own responsibility.
    first try to reboot with the reset button. if that does not work, try shutting down by holding down the power button for a few seconds. then restart.
    try going through the flash procedure again. this might sound silly but it does work sometimes.
    if nothing works:
    it is best to return to stock NI rom and retry. remember to use nvflash, there is a thread with available roms. search for it, if you need it.
    (thanks again MRDeadLocked)

Bugs

I have a bug should I posts this?
    all experiences are welcome. but think before you post! is the bug already mentioned on github? than it is a known bug.You might want to spent your time on something more usefull

my bug is not in this list?
    check the github!

When I bungyjump your rom does not work
    Not all usercases are relevant. use some common sense when reporting. is there a quick workaround, or is it something a lot of users will find problematic?
    then post it. else: live with it, there are more serious problems that need solving.
    (off course this could be a bug in the accelerometer, in which case we want to hear about it)

My battery does not charge up to 100%
    this is not a bug, but a design choice. however since so many people are reporting it as a bug, it will be changed. in the mean time try deleting your battery stats in the recovery, or with an app.
    this will not work, but hey, it does no harm trying.
    also the percentages are missing from the launcher screen. find an app for that!! Or Go to settings> system> statusbar where you can set the battery style.

The old rom charges up to 100% so that is better

You just do not understand. the battery is charged to the same level, only your rom is representing the data differently. the rom does not influence the charging.

You are lying!! when i discharge completely and then recharge it gives a higher percentage.
    This has nothing to do with the rom. completely discharging is bad for your battery. all the roms is saying is: your battery is not brand new, it can not be charged to the rated capacity anymore. a complete discharge is advised with NICd batteries, but the adam comes with a LiOn battery.

So completely discharging is useless?
    Yes, it can even be bad for your battery: http://batteryuniversity.com/

I cannot find my microsdcard in the adam
    try using a file explorer like filemanager HD. they can show all storage locations.
    did you look under the internal sd card? they are swapped around

My adam does not wake up
    try giving it some coffee.
    or... either press the powerbutton once or twice, maybe a bit longer.
    not working? press the hardware back button a few times. hold it for a bit longer than a short press.
    not working? try all options again.
    if all else fails: press the reset button, wait for a bootscreen, hold down the powerbutton until the power shuts off, then reboot.
    (just rebooting with the reset button sometimes seems to generate an error. however try it first and when an error occurs, shutdown your adam and reboot)

I have 3G problems
    Borkata has done a great job on them in beta3. update to Beta 3, and ask in the rom forum when you are still having problems.

my game/app is not working properly
    is it the game/app, or is it the rom? do not expect everything to work. it is a new os, so things might not work in the end

My red light is on
    Yes, that is supposed to be on. works a bit different than before, but is not a bug.

kindle is not working
    long press and download the book seems to work. the most recent app should also be OK.

video playback

720p or higher video does not play
    dice player gives the best result
    but think about it: why do you want to play HD content on an ADAM screen? it just does not make sense.

I cannot play HDMI
    other people can. It seems to be an incompatibility with certain tv brands. Hdmi or sound is not working correctly with all brands or models.

flash video is not playing
    did you install flash?
    try another browser like opera or skyfire.

I do not like the bootanimation
    So change it. there is an app for that. (or you can replace the bootanimation manually in /system/media folder. use a filemanager with root access)
    or you can put animation.zip in /data/local.
    there is even an app that gives you verbose boot if you want to be all nerdy. (live dmsg lite)

new roms

when are new roms expected, beta4, beta 5?
    when they are done. current release schedule is once every 1.5 - 2 weeks on average.

when do we get a rom with a working camera
    if it was easy, it would already have been included. the elves are working on it.

Which updates can we expect from the next rom
    whatever problems get solved. check the github for an idea.

I will try to update this list with your suggestions and tips and tricks that pop up in the main thread.

btn_donate_LG.gif
    Last edited by sandervanzijl; 05-05-2012 at 01:57 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sandervanzijl For This Useful Post:

balli (06-22-2012), deegee (03-24-2012), dune (03-01-2012), geco (05-01-2012), JackTheKnife (03-01-2012), kwilson73 (03-01-2012), murali (03-02-2012), PJACT (03-23-2012), proteaus (03-19-2012), Pucky (03-03-2012), streitberg (04-28-2012), zkar (03-08-2012)

Regular
    Thanks
    Thx for the faq, love the cockiness
    kwilson73 and tmckenn2 like this.

Regular
    Thanks
    Could someone with the knowledge post how to make a logcat.
    I do not have that knowledge myself and it would be nice to be able to include that in a github.

Pastebin/Add in issue text a logcat + dmesg link(set never delete on the pastebins)

Regular
    Thanks

Yeah, how to get ADB/APX drivers version to work when drivers already exists in the system (Windows Vista)?
    NI Adam LCD+3G: LiquidSmooth-KK-v3
    SGS 3: Rooted/Stock
    Nexus 7

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheKnife View Post

Yeah, how to get ADB/APX drivers version to work when drivers already exists in the system (Windows Vista)?
    did you press the link in the faq entry that points you to a post. it almost exactly explains what you need to do.
    you could also try the first suggestion as solution to the driver problem?
    Last edited by sandervanzijl; 03-01-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Regular
    Thanks
    I am using Win7 64bit and it always seems hit or miss. The only good thing I can report is I haven't broken my Adam yet. He seems very forgiving of the abuse I put him through.

I would try everything you have read very systematically and reboot and try again. I have decided the Adam and computer get confused from the ADB config, a mounted storage use and the NvFlash. I basically have to reboot, reinstall the drivers and immediately do what I need to do with the Adam. If tree last use was ADB then the NVFlash doesn't work.

Since my workstation stays on all the time I often forget what I've done last, so it's always a reboot and most of the time a reinstall of the drivers. I know others have no issues but for me it is always a work around.

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk
    Tablet: Notion Ink Adam PQi 3G, EdenX 2.7 ( I Need all three senses!) rockn back and forth with ICS
    Phone: Still the (google nexus) One, rooted CM7 or Miui

Lurker no more!

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandervanzijl View Post
    did you press the link in the faq entry that points you to a post. it almost exactly explains what you need to do.
    you could also try the first suggestion as solution to the driver problem?
    Well, those steps I have done by default My issue is described here ADB(Windows) drivers for your notion Ink Adam with ICS CM9
    NI Adam LCD+3G: LiquidSmooth-KK-v3
    SGS 3: Rooted/Stock
    Nexus 7

Thanks
    How do I flash the g-apps after updating to the Beta 3?

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DClassen View Post
    How do I flash the g-apps after updating to the Beta 3?
    the samw way you flashed beta3, but then select the gapps .zip in stead of the beta3.zip.
    you did select the beta3.zip??

Thanks
    Not ready to take the plunge, Beast ROM is still working for me, but once all the parts are working I'm sure this will be sweet. I'm enjoying ICS on my Nexus Galaxy (phone). Simply an answer to the query, why HD or 720p+ on the Adam ... simply put many of us have one copy of our video, and are not interested in re-encoding them for our tablet, we just want it to play. Maybe this makes it low priority, hope not though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads