Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beast vs ICS CM9

Thanks

Beast vs ICS CM9

Hi

I have been waiting a lot for ICS but i would like to know if it is worth to change from beast into the ICS, considering that it is a beta.

So, maybe, the ones that have already installed the new ICS could help me. Is the battery ok on ICS? Does it have a lot of bugs? Can i watch movies and use my USB hard disk on the ICS?

So, the real question is:

Do you recommend to move into the ICS CM9 right now?

Thank you very much

Thanks

Stick with Beast of fully functional is what you want.

Just installed the ICS Beta. If you want something fully function stick with Beast. With ICS, you can get by, but performance is laggy and not all apps work. Keep in mind you'll also need to search around just to get Android market installed.

For the record, the ICS Beta should not be considered beta. Its still alpha.

Thanks
    I thought CM9 had the market installed.

Thanks
    My personal experience has been good with CM9 ICS.

I have 100+ apps loaded - all of them working OK, I don't see any lagginess either - and I think that the new WiFi driver has brought a bit more speed overall.
    Market is installed with CM9 - worked out of the box and quickly restored all of my apps.

It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.

NotionInk Adam PixelQi / 3G (PO1) Powered by Borkata's Liquidsmooth KitKat
    Google Nexus 10 Rooted - Stock KitKat
    Google Nexus 7 Rooted - Stock KitKat
    Google Nexus 4 Rooted - Stock KitKat

Thanks
    I've been a big fan of EdenX all along because it just works. I've been on ICS (CM9) for the past 3 days and really like it. I use my Adam for work and need it to be reliable and have a long battery life and ICS fits the bill. In the 3 days, I've had one unexpected restart; otherwise, it is reliable and all my needed programs work. In fact, a lot of the after market programs I used (Enhanced Email, Jorte Calendar, Button Savior, Quicker), I don't need anymore because the system apps are good. I finally have a native calendar and email program that works right with my Exchange server.

The battery is very similar to what I got on EdenX/Beast. It drains about 12-14% per hour while in typical use and 3% per hour while sleeping (with wifi on). The more I use it, the less laggy the software is. At first, things were a bit slow and jumpy (keyboard especially), but after a few hours of use, that goes away. I'm sticking with ICS and am looking forward to the tweaks that will come out to make it even better.

It's not perfect, but it's really good. Oh, and it does come with Market installed. The other poster may be talking about the NI version of the ICS ROM?
    Adam PQi+3g (pre-order 2), on Borkata's CM9 ICS ROM until JellyBean gets ADHOC support

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenI View Post
    My personal experience has been good with CM9 ICS.

I have 100+ apps loaded - all of them working OK, I don't see any lagginess either - and I think that the new WiFi driver has brought a bit more speed overall.
    Market is installed with CM9 - worked out of the box and quickly restored all of my apps.
    That was what i thought. żAltacus, have you tried the CM9 version?
    The only thing missing is the 3G (and the camera), but i am not using it at all on beast.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by domlazz View Post
    In fact, a lot of the after market programs I used (Enhanced Email, Jorte Calendar, Button Savior, Quicker), I don't need anymore because the system apps are good. I finally have a native calendar and email program that works right with my Exchange server.
    That is really interesting, i would like to have a real good email program and native calendar (i also use theEnhanced Email, Jorte Calendar, Button Savior, Quicker apps :-))

Thanks
    I was using Beast/Clemsyn before, overclocked to 1.5ghz. After running the NI Beta, which was slower and would tend to have many times when apps would generate popup boxes to wait or close, CM9 is amazingly quick. I don't use the camera, so for me, it is a definite keeper. The more you use it, it does get even faster. I can't wait to see if the guys come up with an overclocked version of CM9-that would really fly.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

Thanks
    Mine is affected by a "deep sleep" issue due to be fixed in a release this week, but even with that I'm now solidly using the TR ICS beta over Cromnia now (I just don't let my Adam go to sleep). If you've got a PO1 device, you might wait until the release this week, but otherwise I've found no reason to go back. I haven't found any app that doesn't work as yet, and my current count is 120 user and 79 system apps...
    ADAM (PO1 WiFi LCD) running AOKP for ADAM - Beta 1.1
    ADAM (PO2 3G PQi) running AOSP Android 4.2.1 - Beta1

Resident
    Thanks
    I'm interested in how well movies (not custom transcoded) can play on the Adam. The one thing that (variants of ) Beast had for me that CM9-Adam does not as yet have is a CPU upper limit of 1500 MHZ. I'm hoping that one day .... [Despite video hardware acceleration in CM9-Adam, some video players sometimes skip video frames. I expect that with a faster CPU there would be less of that.]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads