Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: ADB(Windows) drivers for your notion Ink Adam with ICS CM9

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    ADB(Windows) drivers for your notion Ink Adam with ICS CM9

    I have been waiting for USB Host functionality on Adam for more than a year now. I thought the devs would bring Android 3.1 to Adam which had the USB host functionality integrated to the OS. I was very dissappointed when it did not happen. When ICS was finally here, it was time for me to get my hands dirty.

    Adam with CM9 is a great build. It mounts as an MTP when connected to a windows machine, but I needed ADB to get all the device log and status. Earlier my Adam used to get connected as ADB as well, with ICS I noticed that Adam's PID and VID had changed. I added the necessary string to INF file and got my Adam connected as ADB. I observed on the main ICS thread that many people had this question. For the benefit of the community, I am attaching the edited driver file. The folder contains, the INF file and the associated drivers. Once your device is connected to windows machine, you can update driver and associate your ADAM as an ADB device. I hope this helps.

    Update:

    The updated APX and ADB drivers are uploaded. You can find it here(7z File, smaller download, 8MB), http://www.mediafire.com/?bn5s2q54k9ch9be
    (rar File, Bigger package, 16MB), http://www.mediafire.com/?oxb5vq4j4yaahty
    Last edited by Udayan; 02-24-2012 at 03:22 AM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Udayan For This Useful Post:

    deegee (03-24-2012), JackTheKnife (02-24-2012), Lachlan Pease (02-22-2012)

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks a lot, but the driver file attachment is missing. Can you please send again.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swamy19 View Post
    Thanks a lot, but the driver file attachment is missing. Can you please send again.
    You can download it from this link, Adam_usb_driver.zip

  5. #4
    tdp
    tdp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When I connect my adam to a Windows 7 (32bit) computer, it shows adam as APX device (in device manager) with no driver installed. When I tried to update/install the driver (using the drivers provided in the above post) my computer says no drivers available. Any suggestions?

  6. #5
    First Post
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Go the other way around.
    Driver from a list ---> and then choose the inf file. On auto it wont find any driver.

    Great Job Udayan.

  7. #6
    Resident GreenI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
    In Windows 7 if you want to connect as MTP and/or PTP for file transfer there are no drivers as such as W7 has media player support "built in ". However in some Countries ie Europe Microsoft is prohibited from supplying their own Media Player by default for legal reasons (to give consumers choice) , if you are in this case your PC will not install drivers and connect your Adam. So you can go to the Microsoft website and download the Media Features pack (or similar name) which will install Windows Media Player .... you can then connect your Adam fur MTP file transfer (to either internal memory /eMMC or SD card).
    Took me a while to figure out - so I hope I can save others some time.

    It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.

    NotionInk Adam PixelQi / 3G (PO1) Powered by Borkata's Liquidsmooth KitKat
    Google Nexus 10 Rooted - Stock KitKat
    Google Nexus 7 Rooted - Stock KitKat
    Google Nexus 4 Rooted - Stock KitKat

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenI For This Useful Post:

    Lachlan Pease (02-22-2012)

  9. #7
    tdp
    tdp is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenI View Post
    In Windows 7 if you want to connect as MTP and/or PTP for file transfer there are no drivers as such as W7 has media player support "built in ". However in some Countries ie Europe Microsoft is prohibited from supplying their own Media Player by default for legal reasons (to give consumers choice) , if you are in this case your PC will not install drivers and connect your Adam. So you can go to the Microsoft website and download the Media Features pack (or similar name) which will install Windows Media Player .... you can then connect your Adam fur MTP file transfer (to either internal memory /eMMC or SD card).
    Took me a while to figure out - so I hope I can save others some time.
    Thanks, this might be the reason. I will try your suggestion.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdp View Post
    When I connect my adam to a Windows 7 (32bit) computer, it shows adam as APX device (in device manager) with no driver installed. When I tried to update/install the driver (using the drivers provided in the above post) my computer says no drivers available. Any suggestions?
    Posted link to APX driver on the first post. And Support added for Win 7 64 in both ADB and APX driver.

  11. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am unable to install any of the drivers on my win7 32 bit os. While it is recognised automatically as MTP device and I am able to copy files to both internal memory, the device manager shows Notion with an exclamation mark . I tried both the 16mb and the 6 mb version , but no go.

  12. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Lame question, but how can I install those ADB drivers? When I have try to replace current MTP do ADB it says that I have already installed the best choice (Windows Vista 64bit)
    NI Adam LCD+3G: LiquidSmooth-KK-v3
    SGS 3: Rooted/Stock
    Nexus 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. [X-POST] [Q] Windows CE for Tegra2 on the Adam?
    By pierce in forum Adam General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 11:31 AM
  2. Windows 8 beta on PixelQi Adam soon?
    By Adamentor in forum Adam ROM Development
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 11:22 AM
  3. Windows 8 on Adam
    By blackinaction in forum Adam General Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 01:44 AM
  4. Windows 8 beta on PixelQi Adam soon?
    By Adamentor in forum Honeycomb (ADAM)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 02:25 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 02:43 AM

Search tags for this page

apx driver windows 8
,
cm9 notion ink
,
notion ink adam adb driver
,

notion ink adam driver

,
notion ink adam usb driver
,

notion ink adam usb drivers

,

notion ink drivers

,

tablet adam driver windows 7

,
usb apx apx windows 8 drivers
,
usb drive mounting not working on notion ink ics
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •