Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote vs. Hollywood

Regular
    Thanks

Coyote vs. Hollywood

Anyone that knows the difference between these two? (I am sure I can google it, but since there is nothing on Tabletroms, I thought it would be nice if someone here might get motivated to post some info).

I am considering a Kindle or a Nook as my second Android Tablet and was looking for more info from the hacking community/people I've trusted my Adam with!

even some links to where others are working on the Kindle would be nice! (I may hunt some down later today and reply to myself! depending on how busy I am with work, as I am on call today)
    Moto Droid Razr HD - unlocked bootloader - rooted and running Fuzion HD, today
    Droid 4 - rooted running CM10.1 official
    Samsung Moment - currently in use as a baby monitor
    2x Rooted Nook Tablets - one with acclaims unofficial AOKP Jelly Bean with 10 finger multitouch

First Post
    Thanks
    coyote is a 7" tablet with tegra 2 and hollywood is a 10" tablet with tegra 3, i think.

Thanks
    LoL amazon would make a big mistake using a 16:10 screen, don't they sell books? 4:3 would be the name of the game

Thanks
    I agree

We are the Android, we will assimilate you.
    Want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes".
    Members, please read the Guidelines otherwise Banlandia awaits.

Find me on Google + or twitter

Thanks
    Component manufacturers may have spilled the beans on the tablet computers that Amazon.com is expected to release later this year, giving the company an iPad-like gadget to sell alongside its Kindle.

The devices will launch in August or September, in time for the Black Friday holiday sales kickoff after Thanksgiving, according to a report from Taiwan's DigiTimes.

Amazon's device will be assembled by Quanta Computer and have processors from Texas Instruments, touch panels from Wintek, LCD drivers from ILI Technology, according to the report.

It said 700,000 to 800,000 units are expected to ship per month and noted that the device will play movies streamed by Amazon.

I've asked for comment from the company next door but haven't heard back yet. Most likely it will decline to say anything at this point.

Speculation about Amazon producing an Android-based tablet has increased since the company began operating an Android app store in March.

source:http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...pecs_timi.html
    Donations, purchases of port covers, and purchases of NT SD Cards go towards my production of tutorial videos. If you have not seen them, check out my youtube channel

Thanks
    Nice scoop

TS

We are the Android, we will assimilate you.
    Want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes".
    Members, please read the Guidelines otherwise Banlandia awaits.

Find me on Google + or twitter

Regular
    Thanks
    As an update the latest leak says its based on TI (Texas Instruments) SoC (used by RIM PlayBook) and is a dual core 1.5GHz per core. Also it supports full 1080p/720p High profile (claims) and 720p 3D video.
    Waiting for reviews about Amazon Tablet(release - ?) and Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet (June 28th release - tomorrow) to see which one fares better.

Thanks
    They seem like really nice tablets. I have started looking at the Toshiba Thrive, it has a replaceable battery, full SD card expansion. Seems really nice.
    Mike
    Notion Ink LCD WiFi/3G adam - For Sale if interested

Please help me stay married, Novo 7 Super IPS Screen (Purchase for review)

Regular
    Thanks
    @Vector66, I am also thinking of same but as I read the reviews its bulkier compared to other tablets. After my experience with Adam, I am now considering slimmer/lighter tablets with most ports (Acer seemed to manage for now).
    Its hard to carry my office laptop and Adam together in the same bag (Adam is a heavy beast)
    Waiting for Lenovo & Amazon till then Adam is my test machine.

I feel Adam is a Netbook rather than a tablet.

Thanks
    I did own a GTAB and it was nice being thinner, the problem I had though and hope this changes in newer devices is that I am afraid of something to thin. But we also have to realize is that if we want things like full USB or full SD (Awesome) we may be a little thicker. The adam yes is a little bigger but I think for the size heck we could have a 13 inch screen

I think if I didnt need ports then a simple phone like my droid would be suffice but I am looking for something for more options. I REALLY like the transformer because you have options with the keyboard attachment. Just getting my wife to buyoff on getting something else without selling my adam is the real task haha.

I did see comments about the lenovo also I am wanting more information on that.
    Mike
    Notion Ink LCD WiFi/3G adam - For Sale if interested

Please help me stay married, Novo 7 Super IPS Screen (Purchase for review)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Search tags for this page

content

kindle hollywood coyote

Click on a term to search for related topics.