Thread: Addicted to Nook rooting

Thanks

Cool Addicted to Nook rooting

I guess I should admit it--I seem to have this compulsion to root my nooks. I started with the Original, which was really clumsy to do, then moved on to the Nook Color. That I've done several times, finally putting Cynaogen Mod 7 on it (and also my daughter's as well). Now I've treated myself to the Nook Tablet and have already rooted it as well. There have been a few bumps along the way, and I've just posted my latest question to Indirect and Albert Wertz.

I must seem to be a bit of an old crusty fossil, since I bit my eyeteeth on an IBM 7094 at Bell Telephone Laboratories back in 1963 while programming the first Electronic Switching System (ESS #1) in Holmdel, NJ. I later went to work for Univac in Blue Bell and was paid to play with computers my entire working adult life. Along the way, I bought an Atari 800 instead of an Apple I. The decisions just went downhill from there--I bought a PC clone from my employer, got the Palm Pilot (ORIGINAL) when it first came out, and have had many generations of PC desktops and laptops since. At latest count, I have a Mini (also called a netbook), two Acer Aspire laptops (one a dual core) and a quad core desktop. Not to mention four GPS devices (I don't count the one in my wife's Prius--its too out of date), My mini (a Compaq 110) runs Linux, and I have dual boots for my Windows 7 beasties to also run Ubuntu.

I come by my crustiness naturally--I was a user of Compuserv with a 110 Baud acoustic coupled modem, and then moved on to the Internet and then the web. It is fun to see how things have progressed over the years! Archie Strong

Thanks
    Welcome

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    If you found my post helpful click the "Thanks" button.

Konomi Kirby: (^'o'^) (^'o'^) (v'o'v) (v'o'v) <( 'o'<) (> 'o')> <( 'o'<) (> 'o')> B A Select Start

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I guess I should admit it--I seem to have this compulsion to root my nooks. I started with the Original, which was really clumsy to do, then moved on to the Nook Color. That I've done several times, finally putting Cynaogen Mod 7 on it (and also my daughter's as well). Now I've treated myself to the Nook Tablet and have already rooted it as well. There have been a few bumps along the way, and I've just posted my latest question to Indirect and Albert Wertz.

I must seem to be a bit of an old crusty fossil, since I bit my eyeteeth on an IBM 7094 at Bell Telephone Laboratories back in 1963 while programming the first Electronic Switching System (ESS #1) in Holmdel, NJ. I later went to work for Univac in Blue Bell and was paid to play with computers my entire working adult life. Along the way, I bought an Atari 800 instead of an Apple I. The decisions just went downhill from there--I bought a PC clone from my employer, got the Palm Pilot (ORIGINAL) when it first came out, and have had many generations of PC desktops and laptops since. At latest count, I have a Mini (also called a netbook), two Acer Aspire laptops (one a dual core) and a quad core desktop. Not to mention four GPS devices (I don't count the one in my wife's Prius--its too out of date), My mini (a Compaq 110) runs Linux, and I have dual boots for my Windows 7 beasties to also run Ubuntu.

I come by my crustiness naturally--I was a user of Compuserv with a 110 Baud acoustic coupled modem, and then moved on to the Internet and then the web. It is fun to see how things have progressed over the years! Archie Strong
    What is this modem thing you speak of? Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Ah, I remember the days of blazing slow 9.6k downloads. Start a download at night, go to sleep, go to work the next day, and maybe it was done when you got home. Good times.
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Welcome! I, too, have a Nook, although the ROM I've found most enjoyable lately is the Miui.us MIUI port!

Remove Ads