Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Welcome To Tabletroms

Thanks

Welcome To Tabletroms

Welcome to TabletRoms,

In this section of the forums, please feel free to post something about yourself, what tablet you own or plan on getting. Where you are from. Any little thing will do, so we can familiarize ourselves with each other. Also do tell us why you joined the forums, what you plan of getting out of these forums and if you have any unique ideas or qualifications, feel free to post your thoughts.

If you have questions, please post in the appropriate tablet section which you own or plan on getting. The tablet/devices can be found in the main forum front page.

Please feel free to visit any of the other sections other than your device. Some tips and tricks can be found anywhere.

If you have any issue or have questions with the forums, feel free to contact any of the staff.

So again Welcome and read, write, post and learn but have fun doing it.

Welcome to the family.
    zimsgym, gfxpro and WelshIdiot like this.

We are the Android, we will assimilate you.
    Want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes".
    Members, please read the Guidelines otherwise Banlandia awaits.

Find me on Google + or twitter

Thanks
    Hello, my name's Christopher and I'm a tableholic.

I run with Adam PixelQi 3g which I had been following since the very beginning. It was the pixelqi screen that brought me in since I was intialy in the market for an ereader but when I compared practicality and functionality, a tablet was the clear option. I've enjoyed the adam immensely despite it's short comings. if the cell service was solid I would have no complaints at all.

It was the same for me as it was for the majority of Adam owners, I needed a custom rom to get the most out of my device. I wasn't part of the initial pre order so I learned from those who were that a membership to Notion Ink Hacks was a must. Thereafter Tablet Roms was born and here we are.
    I've been using my tab since the begining to both consume and create. I surf the web, watch videos, read books (and read about tablets), but I also use it at work to organize my day and take notes from clients. Probably the most important benefit I get from my tablet is in my song writng. With the use of apps like Evernote I can write ideas down and attach sound clips to them and keep them in the cloud from which I can access from any computer.

I use my tablet pretty much all day everyday. I will be purchasing another one after my days with Adam are up. it maybe tomorrow it maybe a year from now but either way I will be using a custom tablet from the good folks @ TabletRoms.com

Thanks
    Hi All, This is Sharath from Bangalore, India. Yap you heard it right the Head office of "Notion ink". I am new to "TabletRoms" very much exited to be here and hoping to know you all in the days to come and proud to be in this fantastic group.
    I delayed my introduction because I was waiting for my tablet for quit some time now and finally I got it its the "ADAM" heeeeeehooooo.... ( I did mention NI in the start, crazy me..).
    Yes I have been going through few of the forums about NI, but not very much into it, as I am just starting up my new business here. My adam has few problems I believe so but I am going through the updates to be made for my adam. Will keep in touch with you guys more often from now on .

To Dear twospirits :

As a new start in this family, I thought I can suggest a small idea: What say if you could add in another TAB which is only for " GOODIES " , I mean where in you can sell in T-shirts, Stickers, Caps, Bags, Jackets, Key chains, Cups and many more with Tabletroms trade mark on it where in you can attract Designers and Artists into this growing family. Hope I am not taking this out of topic.
    Cheers...
    SB

Thanks
    Hi... My name is Ged, of Manchester, UK

Something of a beginner... got my first Android box (HTC Wildfire) as a Christmas Gift last year (2010)...

...and in August of this year (2011), bought an Advent Vega.
    Within three weeks of aquisition, I rooted and flashed (MCR r8). I completely screwed it upon on my first attempt, effectively bricking the box. But I had taken the precaution of downloading the stockrom from the Advent Vega website, so I was able to reflash and start over again...

With ClockWorkMod (again) SIDELOADED from my HTC Wildfire (Android Market), and with a better understanding of CWM Recovery (kept extensive notes prior to doing anything), I was up and running in a matter of minutes; but waiting for my Vega to re-boot after CWM had done its business... well, let's just say... It was I, who was 'bricking it'...

...but when the "booting..." screen appeared (never before have 20 seconds felt more like 20 minutes), my palms stopped sweating!
    Mission accomplished!

Advent Vega with Android Market!... and Gmail... and... well, a whole bunch of other stuff. Which I am sure you are all well familiar with...

I have subsequently flashed Corvus5 (didn't much care for it, went back to MCRr8) - no disrespect to Corvus, by the way; just didn't care much for the neon-theme.

MCR Flashed my Dad's Vega (he now thinks I'm some sort of wizard... if only!)

And now I eye Vegacomb...
    ...like some lethal pathogen that will lead me to my Doom (metaphorical)... I am both seduced AND scared shitless of going anywhere near it...

So here I am, ready to glean knowledge from the ROM Meisters (MoDaCo, CyanogenMod, Corvus, Newbe, et.al.) and to impart what little knowledge I have.

Yours, GB.

PS. What think, you guys...?

...of the imminent arrival of the Vega2?, and its (possible) compatibilty with all of the current available Custom Roms.

First Post
    Thanks
    Hey guys and gals Pw from Md in the US. Just joined the site today always looking for new info about my Tablet. Viewsonic Gtablet that I purchased just to play aound with. Was gonna get a iPad2 but liked the idea of being able to root my tablet and to check out different roms. I'm running Cyanogen 7.1 now just upgraded from 7.0.3 tried some of the others but like this one the best. Purchasing another Gtablet for Mother in law for Christmas so I'm pretty happy with it. I'm a iphone user and have been for a while but wanted to play around and learn a little more about android.

Thanks
    I use Cyanogen on my nook color, it always runs smoothly. Welcome aboard :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    ASUS Vivotab Smart
    Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+, rooted
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", finally rooted
    Google Nexus 5, Elix-R rom
    Asus Memo Pad 7
    Teclast X80h dual boot
    Adam LCD 3g(retired & living in Dominican Republic)

First Post
    Thanks
    i'm Kriz from Malaysia. just bought a TF101. i need to learn more about tablet. especially about android 3.1. before this, i'm used to window environment. now i'm totally lost. Please help and guide me. thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krizhor View Post
    i'm Kriz from Malaysia. just bought a TF101. i need to learn more about tablet. especially about android 3.1. before this, i'm used to window environment. now i'm totally lost. Please help and guide me. thanks!
    Welcome to the community, after you get settled in just make some posts, we will be more than happy to help you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Hi, Joe here, I use the Elocity A7 and I think it is a great little tablet for what I need. I drive a semi and when not driving I read books on it watch netflix in the motels with it hooked to the TV thru the hdmi as well as all the other regular stuff. It has been great so far but am having a few problems so I thought I would come here and see if I might get a bit of help with it.

Thanks
    Android is unlike any other mobile development platform or Java-based environment. *Triple Bottom Line’s Android webinar *will immerse students in the Android platform, leveraging their existing Java expertise, and allowing them to walk away from the class ready to build Android GUIs and related components.On the first class you will write your first Android Activities. Through the rest of the week you will be progressively introduced to more and more of what Android has to offer – services, multitouch, and system search services. You will apply this knowledge with working code every step of the way. Be ready to work hard and learn a lot in this intensive, hands-on, five day introduction to programming with the Android platform.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads