Thread: Tablet Roms Smart phone - Coming Soon

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks

Tablet Roms Smart phone - Coming Soon

No doubt the title of this thread caught your attention. How many people have looked at smart phone reviews and said wow that phone has excellent features but the battery life is poor, or saw a phone with great battery life and then the screen let you down? In general, found one thing to complain about: hardware, software etc?

I have often thought "I wish I had the know how to build my own phone". The first thing I would do if I were to design my own smart phone is take the most powerful battery out there which is somewhere between 2000mAh and 3000mAh and then design the shell and screen size from there. I would try and take the fastest chip available on the smallest architecture out, which I think is approximately 28nm. And then add all the features that work from some of the best phones: usb, HDMI, camera button, headphones, and put it into a solid but not chunky form factor. I would then have someone program it to suit its hardware.

Where am I going with this you may ask? What do we have an abundant of here at Tabletroms? The answer to that is a lot of talented programmers and developers. We have a dedicated fan base devoted to the Android ecosystem. And I am sure that amongst everyone from around the world who contributes to these forums that there would be enough talented people with the expertise from design down to engineering and programming to be able to make such a project happen.

And for those talented people who live in America comes our link to a portal that could enable such a project to get off the line: Kickstarter (only available to American residents).

Kickstarter is a site dedicated to start ups. It provides people with ideas a platform to share these ideas with the community and have them donate money to help get those ideas off the ground. From Australia (where I live), I donated to the project for the PadPivot. It was great being part of something innovative that was useful and seeing the project grow and develop to the product that can be purchased from retail stores today.

Looking at projects on Kickstarter, I have seen projects that needed 5000 dollars to get off the ground generate 100 000 dollars or more because people were interested in the product. I am sure if Tabletroms sought to venture down a similar path, and develop a phone from scratch to which the Android software was tailored to the hardware a fantastic product could be born.

Just a thought. Write in if such a project would interest you and what expertise if any you might be able to bring to such a internationally collaborative project.

Enjoy the discussion.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Man that would be awesome, will be coming back to this post later today.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

I have been waiting and logging in to see if there is any movement on this front. Frankly I thought there might have been more comments from the dreamers out there who fantasize about the perfect smartphone and those who perhaps would like to create something. By no means is this post meant to be the start up of a new company, but even a pebble in a pond creates waves, so who knows where a thread like this could end up in 12,24 or 36 months time.

The biggest thing for me with a smartphone is battery life. The next important features of a smartphone, and I am not sure in what order to put them into are as follows:

- Battery life of approximately 30 hours intense use would be a pipe dream but oh to dream.
    - The ability to print from the device, either via wireless connection or something like HP's eprint
    - A good word processing app
    - A good touch interface and accurate typing app ( maybe it's my 2 year old HTC Magic but I do not enjoy typing on it anymore.)
    - The ability to play games
    - The latest processor (quad core?)
    - A good camera and the ability to share it seamlessly with those I care too
    - Expandable memory
    - And a decent screen comfortable enough to look at but not so big it loses its hand held ergonomics.

What features would be important to you?

P.S I read the Plasma Active Thread, perhaps the OS doesn't need to be Android? (Oh no he didn't!?)

http://tabletroms.com/forums/news-ru...ored-devs.html

PPS

Does this remind anyone of a certain Companies Panels/Leaf UI? (Cough NI, Cough)

Plasma Active Demo - YouTube

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Rohan, want to team up and do this? Could be amazing for all of us.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zerofeel; 10-24-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Remove Ads