Thread: Android as a Bluetooth DUN Client HOWTO???? - iTethering using Plain old Nokia phone

Thanks

Question Android as a Bluetooth DUN Client HOWTO???? - iTethering using Plain old Nokia phone

Hi,

I'm novice in forums and so forgive my "naiveness". Your help will be greatly apreciated!

PROBLEM:
    ASUS TF-101 (Basic (No 3G) w/ Latest Prime v 1.8.4 (Android 3.2) working FINE!
    Want to use my Nokia E51 to connect to the Internet vi Bluetooth Tethering.
    Nokia only has BT-DUN profile (i.e. ppp connection over BT-Modem connection). NO BT-PAN profile for Nokias (iPhone's is working well, instead , with BT-PAN)
    BT Pairing is Fine, but TF101 cannot see ANY profile on Nokia, so DUN Client connection is not possible.
    I did verify that the Prime! ROM included the dund set daemon and libraries, so everything should be there.
    There's a known way to get the Android recognize the DUN profile on my Nokia, AND letting me using that as my Internet connection?

I read something about that (copying profile files somewhere in the TF101...) but I cannot get at that hack anymore!
    I read somewhere that Archos Androids can do DUND tethering out-of the box...

Anyone can suggest me???

Best Regards

Flavio

P.S:

I DO KNOW That there's JOIKUSPOT for Nokia, and in effect I'm using this currently, with success, and I do know is FASTER that BT DUN, BUT:

- WiFi ad-hoc mobile Hotspot like JoikuSpot is draining E52 battery impressively (hot brick going depleted in 40-45 minutes!) and that's not good: my mobile should be lasting at least ONE DAY, to allow making phone calls also
    - Quite all 3G mobiles had BT-DUN profile since 5 years, so I'd like to use also my other "old" candy bars, like ericssons or motorola!

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    There is an app on the market for the nook color, but it worked flawlessly on my rooted Toshiba Thrive connecting to my Moto Droid2global.
    NC bluetooth tether

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    TabletROMS Elite Team
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid2Global - Stock, Rooted | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB - DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1)

Thanks
    Hi Blidgediver,

thank you so much, you made the only answer to my post out of quite 200 views, so I think it's really a difficult, and much needed issue.
    I'm waiting to receive back my TF101 from service (3d temptative to fix docking keyboard issue: weird, isnt'it?).
    So I'll try it as soon as I'll have restored it to my backed-up Prime!

I'll keep you informed!
    Flavio

EDIT::::::

Gone to the Market: https://market.android.com/details?i...agnus.nctether

This app is for BT/PAN Tethering: I.e. to let your android share connection provided from Phones that support PAN BT Profile.
    BT/PAN is somehow like an Ethernet/LAN over BT (not WiFi, of course...);
    BT/DUN is like a serial line over BT connecting your Android to the HSDPA Modem inside your mobile.
    BT/PAN is relatively new: no Nokia do support it, nor many old 3G phones.
    BT/DUN is born togheter with Bluetooth, and quite ANY 2G/3G phones with BTooth should implement it (iPhones and android phones do not implement it off the shelf)

TF101 has embbedded BT PAN Client out of the box: I use it to share my iPhone connectivity.... that's why your hint couldn't help me
    Thank you anway for your suggestion.
    Last edited by gwaihr; 09-22-2011 at 05:47 AM.