Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] AdamBigDroid 1.1 (updated 2011-07-21)

Thanks
    hey! great work! I m writing this from your keyboard! just asI was preparing to feedback to RC1 you shell out RC2! downloading now... I havebigexpectations!

Thanks
    Your RC2 rom includes Beautiful Widgets? That's probably a bad idea considering it's not a free app.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFwoosh View Post
    Your RC2 rom includes Beautiful Widgets? That's probably a bad idea considering it's not a free app.
    There is a free version called Beautiful Widgets Lite.

Adam WiFi Pixel Qi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkata View Post
    Question: You have arabic in browser on stock rom?
    Also by arabic support you mean UI?
    on stock rom no support Arabic language,But this is not a problem I use Firefox , main problem stock rom not supporting Arabic language in reading, where the words appear intermittently
    I just want to read and write
    thanks

Thanks
    Wow great job. The UI is pretty big/bulky but snappy. Suits the tablet as others have said rather than everything small and slick - meant as a compliment . So far one of fav roms right off the bat. I played with it for a few hours and everything just worked for me on Pixel Qi WIFI. I have been using HC 14,16 and EdenX. This was a breath of fresh air.
    Now off to give HC16new a whirl.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    There is a free version called Beautiful Widgets Lite.
    Ah, didn't know that. Good deal.

Thanks
    hey, so here's my first feedback for RC2:
    Launcher/UI: what I like is that the default portrait-mode now fits to how Adam is built ergonomically (round side on the left); I also like the "low-fi" look of the UI, it fits Adam perfectly as others have already said. I don't like that there is no portrait-mode on the desktop and that the desktop is where all your icons end up (so I would prefer, say as in VT-Launcher a number of desktops I can configure and the whole suit of applications in a menu "below" the desktop)

App: you chose great apps; I especially like the ultra-fast browser. Your ROM came with an updated busybox so that's great, too!
    You asked about the Chinese language remnants: I found these: on your keyboard, the enter button; in your PDF viewer (btw: it has 2 icons on the desktop: is there some meaning behind this?) the whole menu: to me it looks like "open pdf from here or there"; I didn't find any remnants in the office-suite, which as far as I have looked into it (excel) I quite like.
    One question at the end: are you interested in the logcats I did after the first and second boot of RC2? Somehow I didn't manage to paste them to pastebin directly on Adam, but if you're interested, I'll find a way!
    For the moment I'll stick to this ROM and conduct further "tests"! Cheers!

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schlanka View Post
    hey, so here's my first feedback for RC2:
    Launcher/UI: what I like is that the default portrait-mode now fits to how Adam is built ergonomically (round side on the left); I also like the "low-fi" look of the UI, it fits Adam perfectly as others have already said. I don't like that there is no portrait-mode on the desktop and that the desktop is where all your icons end up (so I would prefer, say as in VT-Launcher a number of desktops I can configure and the whole suit of applications in a menu "below" the desktop)

App: you chose great apps; I especially like the ultra-fast browser. Your ROM came with an updated busybox so that's great, too!
    You asked about the Chinese language remnants: I found these: on your keyboard, the enter button; in your PDF viewer (btw: it has 2 icons on the desktop: is there some meaning behind this?) the whole menu: to me it looks like "open pdf from here or there"; I didn't find any remnants in the office-suite, which as far as I have looked into it (excel) I quite like.
    One question at the end: are you interested in the logcats I did after the first and second boot of RC2? Somehow I didn't manage to paste them to pastebin directly on Adam, but if you're interested, I'll find a way!
    For the moment I'll stick to this ROM and conduct further "tests"! Cheers!
    Thanks again for the feedback
    About the launcher it is supposed to work like that and apps to be on desktop, just like MIUI or Apple iOS If your screens full up your next app that you install will add another screen.

About the chinese enter on keyboard I will fix it. About the PDF view chinese symbols are bitmaps and I had to edit them. About the office suite I like it too :P There is one place left where it has chinese and it is when you open new spreadsheet the sheet1,sheet2,sheet3 are in chinese, but I will try to fix this.
    Logcats are always welcomed, but you don't have FC its not necessary

I found that there are more than en and ch language in framework of this rom, but they are not enabled somehow. Once I find how to enable them I will release version 1.0 with other some other fixes.

Also for people like having apps in list I am working on another rom port again from Malata zPad. It occurred that newers release has completely new UI and most of the applications are changed. So to keep thinks separated I will port this latest zPad rom in another thread.
    I drink Beer
    Like my work - buy me one.

Thanks
    great to hear you have ambitous plans! l write this with the handwriting part of your keyboard, t's are a problem and it's still slow but fun to play With!
    (switched back to normal)
    so no logcat, since both boots were FC free afaik!
    a few more inputs:
    excellent wlan reception! geat!
    keyboard: I miss cursors! they were the good part of the NI keyboard imho. and I miss the satandard shift functionality, you only offer what I regard as CAPS lock, both for capital letters and for numbers/symbols!
    sometimes I press the hw-power button once to often when I try to wake up the device from sleep and so force it to complete power down. on the other hand, long pressing the hw-power button in normal operation correctly presents the menu choice to switch to airplane mode or power down - but this power down somehow acts strange on my device. either its a reboot or deep sleep or I dunno... I force it to reboot via the NI settings utility!

edit: I forgot to mention that all settings, system menus, etc are in German since switching to RC2 - suits me fine I just dont know what I did to switch... :/
    edit: found something in logcat:

W/DevicePolicyManagerService( 1069): failed parsing /data/system/device_policies.xml
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/system/device_policies.xml (No such file or di
    rectory)
    I/ActivityManager( 1069): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=0/0 loc=de_DE touch=3 key
    s=1/1/2 nav=1/1 orien=2 layout=34 uiMode=0 seq=1}
    Last edited by schlanka; 06-25-2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added logcat excerpt

Thanks

Video Performance

Hi

Can anyone report on Video playback performance and codecs ?
    Is Google Earth is working ?

Thanks

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads