Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other devs for the A7/A7+?

Thanks

Any other devs for the A7/A7+?

Just wondering if there were any other developers willing to work on the A7 or (more preferably) the A7+. Dexter seems to have quit or lost interest his development permanently on either devices (I think he doesn't have a physical device to work with anymore, but I don't remember where I heard this). The last time he logged on to TR was on "04-27-2012", and the last time he logged on to XDA was, well, today actually but he doesn't seem to have any interest in the eLocity forum section. He DID leave us with quite a lot of quality ROMs to work with, especially since the kernel was released for the + in March.

If there aren't any developers willing to work with the A7/A7+ because they don't have a physical device, I would willingly offer remote testing on my A7+ (AKA they give me the compiled ROM(s) or whatever and I try it out and give feedback). It just seems like such a shame to leave both devices with nothing better than a buggy (but still awesome) Honeycomb or a working 2.2. ICS seems like it would be doable, again especially since the kernel was released.

I will try to contact the user "chinabull" in the referred link as he seemed like he knew what he was doing when he said "It seems to have all the driver source code we need."
    EDIT- I chinabull messaged back! And... he said that he already returned his A7+. So we've got no leads there.
    And I will also post this over at XDA, although I'm not so sure that the eLocity section is still even active.

If anyone knows some devs who haven't even heard of the A7/A7+ but might be willing to pick up where Dexter left off, please contact them or let me know so that I can contact them.
    Last edited by 6Leinad6; 08-11-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: chinabull status update

Thanks
    Ask around tablet roms forum, most have moved on, i never owned the A7+ but it have more potential of running ics than OG A7. Honestly if the A7 would have came with the specs the A7+ did on release, it probably be a different story because at that time it was only Archos 7o and Galaxy Tab at the time.

Check out the older threads on xda in the general and development section for the A7. There were some bigger devs working on it at the time but Elocity wasn't very helpful with info at the time.

Good luck I'll be checking out the blog

Sent from my eVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Tablet: ASUS Grouper (Nexus 7) Rom:Paranoid Android
    Tablet
    : Elocity A7 Tablet Rom: Dexter_nib CyanogenMod 7 RC1Phone: HTC JEWEL•0003 • Rom: CyanogenMod 10.1

Phone: HTC SUPERSONIC•0004 Rom: Paranoid Android

Thanks
    Yeah I've contacted a dude over at XDA, but he doesn't have the tablet anymore, and Dexter (the only person who was developing ROMs for the +) has been inactive with the A7+ AND the A7.
    digidog_A7+ said that he would "pony up CDN $20 towards the purchase of one for a talented (and dedicated) dev to work with", but other than that, one other guy and you I haven't gotten any responses.

Thanks
    I am waiting on my A7+ and look forward to "playing" with it.

I will be putting up my mods/rebuilds here and on my own site.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jam4 For This Useful Post:

6Leinad6 (08-29-2012), Macktion (08-29-2012)

Thanks
    Alright! Thanks man. I think we all will look forward to your builds. What will you be doing? ICS would be great, but just a completely functional honeycomb (or even gingerbread) would satisfy all of us, I'm sure.

Thanks
    At this point, just getting the google store up without breaking anything else is my first task, then, who knows, anything is possible. I would like to eventually see gingerbread running. I do want something more recent than froyo. I just got the dev environment up/running, now to just get the tablet here to play with.

My wife just reminded me, the initial purpose for buying this, to control a Rostock 3d printer.
    Last edited by jam4; 08-30-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks
    Google Play is easy to get running. You need five minutes, a flashdrive, and a post over at XDA.
    Im not a dev, but if theres anything I can do to further your progress, let me know!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 6Leinad6 For This Useful Post:

jam4 (08-30-2012)

Thanks
    I am just tapping my foot waiting for my tablet to arrive. Just got a call from a friend, he is getting my backup unit to try and upgrade the internal storage, going to be interesting .

Thanks
    After the better part of a day playing with my A7+ I am ready to start trying out new builds on it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jam4 For This Useful Post:

6Leinad6 (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Sweet. What will you be doing with it (as in ROMs or other hacks), or are you just going to get the build environment set up and go from there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads