Thread: [MOD-04-17] Android Market Patched Plus Google Apps By Bestialbub

Thanks

Lightbulb [MOD-04-17] Android Market Patched Plus Google Apps By Bestialbub

I DID NOT CREATE THIS. ALL CREDIT GOES TO BESTIALBUB OVER AT ModMyMobile Forums & Xda-devolopers.com or Over on Twitter @bestialbub (He doesn't seen to be too active)

Quote Originally Posted by bestialbub View Post
    NOTES: IT INSTALLS FINE ON THE LATEST FIRMWARE. *ONLY FOR THE LATEST APRIL2011 FIRMWARE DUE TO BUILD PROP CHANGES*
    THERE ARE NO SIGNATURE PROBLEMS; ALL APK'S AS FOUND FROM CYANOGENMOD. USED ORIGINAL CONTAINER FOR VENDING.APK TO AVOID SIGNATURE ISSUES.

ALSO ADDED CALENDAR AND TEXT MESSAGING APPLICATIONS.

Instructions

FACTORY RESET FIRST w/ latest firmware (april 17th)

boot to recovery
    1A
    power on, let go, hold power until it says starting recovery kernel, then let go of power
    1B
    press the "home" button, and use the menu to wipe cache, factory reset, flash the factory rom, and wait for first boot w/ ac power plugged in.

after first boot, turn unit off, and turn back on and boot into recovery again.
    2A
    flash the a7-gapps zip provided (remember to rename it to update.zip to work w/ recovery).
    2B
    CHOOSE FACTORY RESET
    2C
    REBOOT

Congradulations, you should now have a FULLY WORKING MARKET PLACE.

UPDATED NOTES; this is the the 1.82 market that comes w/ the latest gapps for tegra from cyanogenmod (gapps-mdpi-tegra-20101020-signed). i patched it using the same smali patches applied in the patched market found in dexter's 1.2 rom, minus the androidmanifest.xml. this may account for it not autoupdating the market itself, but for today i'll take full market access on the old interface than limited access on the new market.

i tested this patched market to show "skyfire" and "qik" video players, and i added further build prop and permission settings that provided more search results; searching for 'gps' and 'video' results went up from 3300 to about 4500.

i intentionally did not provide larger apps like youtube, maps and twitter as they are downloadable from the market.
    ----
    This is the google apps, libs and permissions that i extracted from cyanogenmod's gapps package and provided as a standalone update.zip for those wishing to have the google android market on their tablet, but not wanting to deal w/ a third party experimental rom requiring regular updates and wipes.

I hope you enjoy using the google market and applications with the latest stock rom. My wife does, and can now enjoy her working tablet w/ farmville.

Please, hit the lil' DONATE button under my name if i helped to make your life a lil' easier, or your android device more enjoyable. Thank you!
    --
    new firmware available here: eLocity Customer Support
    Here is the Thread Link: [mod-04-17] android market patched plus google apps

Please Read ALL Directions before flashing
    Last edited by Smallba; 11-23-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Tablet: ASUS Grouper (Nexus 7) Rom:Paranoid Android
    Tablet
    : Elocity A7 Tablet Rom: Dexter_nib CyanogenMod 7 RC1Phone: HTC JEWEL•0003 • Rom: CyanogenMod 10.1

Phone: HTC SUPERSONIC•0004 Rom: Paranoid Android

Remove Ads