Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visual Land Connect 7 Firmware

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktion View Post
    It is. Allwinner is a CPU manufacturer. And visual land (until) the pro 7d, all visual land tablets were based on the allwinner processor.
    Thanks for the reply. I am going to try one more Livesuit flash on a IBM Thinkpad with XP before I try the Phoenix Card.
    Learning all this Android stuff, brings me back to the hours and hours I spent a decade ago when I was first learning to fix all the Windows issues every time something changed on our home PCs. Now that I have that down pat, Windows comes out with Windows 8 (ugh), and this Android stuff is a whole new deal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpprs View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I am going to try one more Livesuit flash on a IBM Thinkpad with XP before I try the Phoenix Card.
    Learning all this Android stuff, brings me back to the hours and hours I spent a decade ago when I was first learning to fix all the Windows issues every time something changed on our home PCs. Now that I have that down pat, Windows comes out with Windows 8 (ugh), and this Android stuff is a whole new deal.
    I feel your pain brother.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks

I tried both the following on my VL-879:
    Android 4.0.4 For Connect
    Connect 4.0.4 "Stock" image (megashares)
    OR
    Connect 4.0.4 "Stock" image (rapdishare)

They both fail in different ways using Phoenix Card flash update.
    One has the Sprite error, the other gets about 80% through the progress bar and freezes.
    I was able to recover from both through a reboot.
    What I don't understand is, both files are listed as the 4.0.4 stock image, yet they are both drastically different file sizes.
    I don't see how they both could be "the" stock image if one is 421mb and the other is 334mb?
    An explanation could be that there are different stock images loaded as Visual Land rolls out new builds on the same models?
    My build shows as 11/06/12 judging from my build name. Maybe my tablet is not compatible with the above images?
    I wrote to Visual Land asking if they could send me my original image file, but they said they do not provide images.
    So, I will quit while I am ahead, while it is working for what I need. Just posting a heads up here, if anyone else has similar issues and views this thread.

Thanks
    This thread and all of the files within are specific to the connect 7. You listed the device number for the connect 8. That could be the source of your problems.
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Thanks
    I have upgraded the Connect 7 to 4.1.1 with the system update app and find myself with a locked down device. It is no longer rooted, the bootloader simply reboots the device and the recovery program is Android Recovery (3e) which will accept only signed ROMs. fastboot, livesuit, etc. don't see the device at all. I tried to load the 4.0.4 VL-879 (421MB) image with an adb sideload and it gets 70% of the way through loading then reboots the device. I think I can use adb and flash_image to reload the image. Is this image one of the flash partitions? I know nand is mounted as /system, nande as /data nandh as /cache. It looks like nandb is the boot and or recovery partition.

What I would love to have is a straight image of the bootloader or the recovery partitions that I could directly flash onto the device.
    Last edited by tcanup; 11-15-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Add content

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcanup View Post
    I have upgraded the Connect 7 to 4.1.1 with the system update app and find myself with a locked down device. It is no longer rooted, the bootloader simply reboots the device and the recovery program is Android Recovery (3e) which will accept only signed ROMs. fastboot, livesuit, etc. don't see the device at all. I tried to load the 4.0.4 VL-879 (421MB) image with an adb sideload and it gets 70% of the way through loading then reboots the device. I think I can use adb and flash_image to reload the image. Is this image one of the flash partitions? I know nand is mounted as /system, nande as /data nandh as /cache. It looks like nandb is the boot and or recovery partition.

What I would love to have is a straight image of the bootloader or the recovery partitions that I could directly flash onto the device.
    When you do a system upgrade you usually loose root. The system has always had 3e so nothing has changed there. There is no Stock 4.1.1 image so whatever you used you are lucky it even booted.

Stock images cannot be loaded through ADB. You have to use Livesuit, Phoenix Card, or the new Phoenixsuit.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE
    Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Nook HD + Dual Boot Android & Nook OS
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 stock
    2 HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    2 UG007B Android stick
    Amazon FireTV set top box
    Elocity A7+ Evilocoty Rabid ROM Android 2.2
    Skytex Pocket Primer Rooted 2.2
    Skytex 7" Gemini Rabid ROM 4.0.4