Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newer DragonTouch 9.7 ROM

Thanks

Newer DragonTouch 9.7 ROM

Linked below is an improved but basically stock image for the MID9716W which apparently is a newer version of the MID970IPS. It's based on Rabid1's DragonTouch_MID970IPS_4.0.4.img

I ordered the MID970IPS from Tablet Express (Amazon). Out of the box it was dissapointing. I decided to try one of Rabid1's custom ROMs. What I didnt' realize at first was that while I ordered the MID970IPS, the model I recieved was MID9716W. The specs are identical and the device looks exactly the same except for an updated Dragon Touch logo and the model number.
    I tried flashing both the ROMs he created. The procedure worked but my tablet displayed nothing but a black screen. Thankfully Rabid1 advised me and provided the dump tool to pull the four files neccessary to build a ROM from my stock firmware before flashing any ROMs. Had I not done that I'd be up a creek. Even so it took two weeks of trial and error to create a working image. With his help I was able to build a new ROM using the A10 Kitchen. Rabid1 unpacked my original bootloader.img for me. Finally I was able to create a working ROM that runs smoother than the original but looks the same. My only remaining complaint with this tablet is weak wireless reception. You have to be very close to a router. Otherwise this is a nice tablet for the money. The only other thing I did was to remove the preinstalled Youtube app since it's the Chinese version and wouldn't accept updates. Just use a root app remover to get rid of it and download Youtube from the play store and you're good to go. I got a private message from another forum user who was in the same situation with the new model. I gave them my ROM and got a report back that it worked and is better than the stock firmware.

For anyone who cares, here are the steps I took:
    Extracted a new clean A10 Kitchen.
    Copied the original four dump files renamed to their proper .fex names into the A10Kitchen\_input folder.
    Copied Rabid1's DragonTouch_MID970IPS_4.0.4.img into the kitchen and renamed it to original.img.
    Deleted the existing files from the A10Kitchen\_bootfs folder.
    Copied the unpacked bootloader files from my original bootloader.img into that folder.
    Ran extract_image.bat then create_image.bat
    Flashed the new output.img with Livesuit v1.09
    Success at last! Big thanks to Rabid1 for all the help.

Finally, here is the link to download the new MID9716W improved stock image.

http://rapidshare.com/share/923BF80CA9432482EFD5D203C8165850

All the usual disclaimers are implied. I accept no responsibility...blah, blah, blah. Use at your own risk.
    Last edited by Jdub74; 11-25-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Updated the download link to the ROM. The old link had expired.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Good job. Everyone remember that with Rapidshare files that are inactive for 90 days are removed. If someone wants to download this and host it on another service that would be great. I will point to this thread in my Amazon review with a not about the Model change.
    If you like my work please feel free to DONATE

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Dell Venue 8 Rooted and Deodexed
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    HP Touchpad 32GB Dual Boot WebOS & Cyanogen MOD 11
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    Sero 7 Pro Rabid ROM Beta
    LePan TC1020 Rooted
    LePan TC802A Rooted - Deodexed

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:

Jdub74 (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Good job. Everyone remember that with Rapidshare files that are inactive for 90 days are removed. If someone wants to download this and host it on another service that would be great. I will point to this thread in my Amazon review with a not about the Model change.
    Thanks...and thanks again for all your help. I couldn't have done it without your instruction. Thanks for the tip about Rapidshare too. I had to puzzle my way through that and didn't know about the 90 day thing.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub74 View Post
    Thanks...and thanks again for all your help. I couldn't have done it without your instruction. Thanks for the tip about Rapidshare too. I had to puzzle my way through that and didn't know about the 90 day thing.
    Who reads the fine print? I started to get complaints about dead links to stuff I posted almost two years ago and that is when I found out about the 90 day.

If I do not answer your Private Message please do not assume I am ignoring you. I probably am, but assuming is rude.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

Thanks
    Jdub74 I just sent you a private message about this thread!

First Post
    Thanks
    uhh that link is dead too, need a new one.

Thanks
    Ok I created a new rapidshare account and uploaded the MID9716W rom again. I'm hoping Rabid1 will grab this and maintain a link to it. I'm not on here enough and don't see these messages for months sometimes. They deactivate after 90 days and the link goes dead. Here is the new link:http://rapidshare.com/share/923BF80CA9432482EFD5D203C8165850

Thanks
    Hello!

I ask for help. I downloaded the firmware from this topic. When I try to flash it with Livesuit getting error 163. If I use Phoenix - also get the error 163. I've tried other USB cable, tried to download the firmware from the official site. The result is always the same.
    Livesuite.png
    phoenix.png

Veteran
    Thanks
    with that error on rootfs it is likely this is not the correct image for the tablet you have.

Skytex 10s Rabid ROM v1
    Skytex 7s Rabid ROM v1
    Kindle Fire HD 7 Rooted
    Amazon FireTV Rooted
    Haier 9" Rooted
    LePan TC1020 Rooted

Thanks
    I know it from google. But on my table typed MID9716W. May be I need to disassemble my tab to check what model I have?
    IMAG0237.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads