Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 beta on PixelQi Adam soon?

Thanks

Windows 8 beta on PixelQi Adam soon?

Windows 8 beta will be released for public sometime this year. It supports ARM processors. It would be nice to get this loaded on Adam. Also PQ is already used with netbooks and such and so PQ drivers should be available already for Windows. It would be nice to load this up and test drive PQ Adam.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    I assume you will be heading up the development?

Regular
    Thanks
    i highly doubt they can get it to work. i mean they cant even get a fully running linux to work on the adam even tho android is based upon linux...
    so dont get ur hopes up

Regular
    Thanks
    Actually there's been reports that MS and Intel are both working with Tegra chips.... MS also recently stated W8 will run on Tegra.... Kal-El.

Regular
    Thanks
    Yesterday's (09/13/11) release doesn't support ARM architecture. There will be a separate release that supports ARM architecture. Until then Tegra/OMAP based devices have to wait. If it works on Tegra 2 I am going to give a try as my Adam is anywhere near to usable.
    LCD/Wifi - Adam (PO2 - Mar'16th Delivery).
    On Sale @199 - Can ship with in US through USPS Flatbox standard for free. If around Philly (+/- 100 miles), can hand deliver

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rajendra View Post
    Yesterday's (09/13/11) release doesn't support ARM architecture. There will be a separate release that supports ARM architecture. Until then Tegra/OMAP based devices have to wait. If it works on Tegra 2 I am going to give a try as my Adam is anywhere near to usable.
    My kingdom for a bump. Have recently breathed new life into Adam with jellybean, but it would be great to try w8 on there.

TR ELITE TEAM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indycross View Post
    My kingdom for a bump. Have recently breathed new life into Adam with jellybean, but it would be great to try w8 on there.
    I really doubt its doable Lets see if more popular Tegra2 devices like Asus Transofrmer or Acer Iconia will get some development.
    I drink Beer
    Like my work - buy me one.

Resident
    Thanks
    Windows is not open source or freeware, so it is basically out of the question unless Microsoft does it. And also illegal. And Adam I is a dead platform so MS is not going to do it. I strongly doubt it for Adam II either.

Plus there's the question of why? Note that Windows RT won't run the majority of desktop Windows applications.

Regular
    Thanks
    A jailbroken Windows RT operating system would mean that unsigned ARM applications could be run on the Microsoft tablet. An unlocked tablet capable of running unsigned applications could usher in an entire Windows RT homebrew community and make the tablet more popular with hackers and developers. The new tool comes from XDA Developers user

source : Windows RT jailbreak tool opens the door for Surface homebrew - SlashGear

so adam may be ??

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tartutic07 View Post
    A jailbroken Windows RT operating system would mean that unsigned ARM applications could be run on the Microsoft tablet. An unlocked tablet capable of running unsigned applications could usher in an entire Windows RT homebrew community and make the tablet more popular with hackers and developers. The new tool comes from XDA Developers user

source : Windows RT jailbreak tool opens the door for Surface homebrew - SlashGear

so adam may be ??
    Not going to happen. Without source code, or a similar hardware platform, it is impossible to port windows8rt to any device... Tegra2 is superceded by Tegra3, MS is using a Tegra3 based device. Tegra2 is not compatible with tegra3 (lacks neon support), so, just forget it. Besides, why would you want to run a pseudo OS that does not allow you to run windows applications, if it is called windows ? ... At least, Android, even iOs, both offer a huge selection of apps, something that is not happening with winRT...

The link you just copied is even a proof on how difficult will be to develop applications for winRT. Unsigned applications WILL BE rejected by winRT and won't run. What they did was to develop a crack that allows to run unsigned applications on winRT.... Has nothing to do with installing a new OS ... But, at least, will allow the open source community to develop apps for winRT (if they bother to do it...)... iOs has some similar restrictions, and that made open source to stay away from that platform (of course there are exceptions, but, the amount of open source you could find for iOs is quite small compared with the ones targeting linux/android or even desktop MsWindows...)
    If you want to support my development, or want to help buying hw to support new features/devices, or just want to say thanks, please, consider making a donation through PayPal to my account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads