Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: touch screen no longer working after drop; Help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexadam View Post
    Any suggestions for a cheap usb trackpad I can glue to the back
    Around 2009 digital pens started coming out cheaply to turn laptops into tablet style pc. I remember back then seeing "siso tablo touch pen conversion kits" for $29. There still available but slightly more expensive but now have more options such as bluetooth digital pens and mouse pens etc. You could try one of these if you feel like using adam with pen input versus touch. Also coming out is "leap motion" accessory which is a kinect camera style idea of interacting with computers. Seems the leap motion is just coming out but for mac and windows, no linux yet.

Digital pens do seem to be coming back into the limelight (Galaxy note, Microsoft surface pro etc..) so it may not be that bad using a stylus/digital pen with your adam.
    *Running JB-ROM CM10.1 for ADAM [WIP] - Alpha1, w/webcam drivers built in.*
    Research in progress: hardware USB webcam install to replace stock 3.2mp camera w/CM10.1 Borkata alpha build

Thanks
    Recalibrate screen did used to be in cwm, I'm still on version 4 and it was before that as its not this version, it was for early beast roms I think,

I do have an app that recalibrates the screen dating back to about that time from the notioinkhacks site, I could send you that if you still need it?

Regular
    Thanks
    Yes please if you can send that app would be great. please let me know where I can find it?
    The idea of a pen I also like. But would that still not need the touch screen?
    Adam since 31 March 2011. Switched from Beast 2.2.1 to HC 16New June 20th to HC16New-KV2 July 1st, to Adamcomb v0.1 8 July, Cromnia beta 3 (Beast) 10 July, needed camera, 3 August AC03. January 2012 Adam for repair to Germany due to broken glass, still working after fall 2 feb 2012 Blackberry Playbook, fantastic love it. Adam returned glass repaired installed Icescream 4 Beta works excellent, changed to Jelly Bean beta WOW!

Thanks
    I've uploaded it to google, the link is here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bza5...it?usp=sharing

If the link doesn't work, let me know.

Once you set it going, you cant touch the screen but I think it tells you that, it does the exact same thing as cwm did as I have run them both before!

Anyone else need recalibrating feel free to download!

When downloaded, google seems to give it a new name, but its called TouchRecalibrate

Cheers
    Last edited by gib72; 04-11-2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: linked file was empty!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gib72 For This Useful Post:

kcs_chandra (04-16-2013)

Thanks
    gib72, thanks for the apk to recalibrate the touchscreen (link worked fine). Even though i don't need it right now its good to keep handy.

Alexadam, as for the pen input. My understanding is that it can be used as a mouse pen (you would not need a functioning touchscreen as this would add a input function). Since adam supports mouse input i am thinking it should support it out of box. As for any extra features that comes bundled with mice they usually require drivers to be installed. I haven't actually tried a digital pen but when i come across one cheap enough i will buy one and give feedback on it working or not. There are other pen devices out there that use USB receiver to pinpoint where the pen is on the screen. The idea of pen input to use if your touchscreen no longer works is worth researching more OR find a computer/liquidation store that will allow you to test the "Touch Pen" before purchase or at least offer a no worry return if it doesn't work.

Hope the recalibration apk that gib72 posted works for you.
    Research in progress: hardware USB webcam install to replace stock 3.2mp camera w/CM10.1 Borkata alpha build

Thanks
    Cheers Loftus, I've had it since I got my Adam and kept it just in case! I think I also have an Eden rom if you want that! Lol

Thanks
    I bought the "j5Create JUC400 Wormhole switch" for use between two desktops. It indicated it can be used for iPad also for mouse and keyboard so I gave it a try on adam. Works perfect for those that want to use adam with a non functioning touchscreen and just use the j5 as a usb KVM switch and use your laptop/desktop mouse and keyboard. One thing I want to try next is to also use "iDisplay" through the 2nd usb connection (or Wifi but there is supposed to be some lag with wifi) also as then you could switch between the android mode to a second monitor windows mode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads