Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Adam Teardown

  1. #1
    TR ELITE TEAM Macktion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 175 Times in 91 Posts

    Talking Adam Teardown

    Ladies and Gentlemen, i present, for your viewing pleasure, an almost total tear-down of the Notion Ink Adam. These two short videos will help you realize your DIY dream: taking apart the tablet! So, sit back, and enjoy the show!

    Part 1: Notion ink adam part 1 - YouTube

    Part 2: Notion Ink Adam part 2 - YouTube

    PS: you will notice that the audio on the first part is just a couple of seconds behind. Sorry, but i think you will still be able to get the important information. Oh, and mad props to Dragonite for his excellent pictures that served as a reference for my efforts.

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Macktion For This Useful Post:

    Ahmad Dawar (08-29-2011), Alexadam (08-31-2011), dr01d (08-28-2011), FordPrefect (08-28-2011), Loftus (03-13-2013), orimame (09-18-2011), roglio (01-30-2012), TheHardware (08-28-2011), Trans (08-29-2011), Trovatrice (08-28-2011), xiadz (08-31-2011), zerofeel (08-28-2011)

  3. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Awesome! Thanks a lot! I'll keep this as a reference.

    Could you please give me more detail on the "blackstick"? Like what it is and where to get one?

    Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
    ---------------------------------------
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod-7.2
    NotionInk Adam: [JB-ROM] Android 4.1.X - CM10 - Beta 2

  4. #3
    TR ELITE TEAM Macktion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 175 Times in 91 Posts
    @FordPrefect Certainly, the "Black stick" is a name for a wedged on one side, pointed on the other, implement that is used by people who take apart laptops. I think the name came from the 'Geniuses' at apple. It is made out of nylon, so it is non-conductive, but it is also made especially so it will not build up static either. Most of them sell for between 2 and 5 dollars, but the cheapest price i have seen was on
    Nylon Orangestick/Soldering Tool - Stanley Supply & Services
    though it seemed to be an off-brand. the one that i use comes from
    Apple Black Nylon Flat Probe Tool (NEW)

    But definitely pick one up because they are worth every penny!

  5. #4
    Global Moderator Trovatrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Great videos! Thanks so much for satisfying my curiosity!
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

  6. #5
    TR ELITE TEAM Macktion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 175 Times in 91 Posts
    Thanks Trovatrice, i am glad that you enjoyed it. I am really trying to get steam and put out an instructional tear-down of a different laptop or tablet every month. (Best laid plans of mice and men) but if you ever want to see me do a specific one, comment on one of my videos, and ill try and bump it up on the list.

  7. #6
    Administrator zerofeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    2,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 440 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktion View Post
    Thanks Trovatrice, i am glad that you enjoyed it. I am really trying to get steam and put out an instructional tear-down of a different laptop or tablet every month. (Best laid plans of mice and men) but if you ever want to see me do a specific one, comment on one of my videos, and ill try and bump it up on the list.
    We get 1 million page views per month and we are growing quickly. I liked your videos as well. Ever consider making videos for our community? It would help both of us grow and you to make some cash via your video advertising. Comes with a spot on the team and you can partner up with will765 on projects for the front of the site. PM me if you're interested.

    Could do what's new in the forums our technology this week and videos like the ones above. Could be loads of fun.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zerofeel; 08-28-2011 at 05:55 PM.


    Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.


  8. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktion View Post
    @FordPrefect Certainly, the "Black stick" is a name for a wedged on one side, pointed on the other, implement that is used by people who take apart laptops. I think the name came from the 'Geniuses' at apple. It is made out of nylon, so it is non-conductive, but it is also made especially so it will not build up static either. Most of them sell for between 2 and 5 dollars, but the cheapest price i have seen was on
    Nylon Orangestick/Soldering Tool - Stanley Supply & Services
    though it seemed to be an off-brand. the one that i use comes from
    Apple Black Nylon Flat Probe Tool (NEW)

    But definitely pick one up because they are worth every penny!
    Thanks Macktion! Never heard of them before, but I will certainly try to get one!
    ---------------------------------------
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod-7.2
    NotionInk Adam: [JB-ROM] Android 4.1.X - CM10 - Beta 2

  9. #8
    Regular Trans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Russia, Tomsk
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Video is very fast, and I looked at a speed of 1 / 3
    Tab.: Adam PQi 3G, tel.: THL W200

  10. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans View Post
    Video is very fast, and I looked at a speed of 1 / 3
    Good! That way you don't loose time *lol*
    ---------------------------------------
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod-7.2
    NotionInk Adam: [JB-ROM] Android 4.1.X - CM10 - Beta 2

  11. #10
    TR ELITE TEAM Macktion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 175 Times in 91 Posts
    so, not that you wont see it soon enough, but tomorrow, i should be getting a G-tab in the mail for the tear-down treatment. Ill probably have the video up on wed., provided that my quantitative analysis exam is not too horrific....
    There are no solutions, only tradeoffs. -Thomas Sowell

    If you Like what I do, supply me with Tang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. HP TouchPad: Teardown and hardware analysis
    By Loftus in forum Touchpad General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 05:07 AM

Search tags for this page

adam teardown

,

lg g slate teardown

,

notion ink adam teardown

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •