Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wi-Fi antenna upgrade

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple View Post
    I've now received circuit diagrams from Rohit for the FM radio antenna and tuning circuit. It will allow me to bring various signals to an external connector (along with the debug ports and other connections). I'll also be investigating adding the diversity antenna option. See the Adam J2 Debug connector pin-out thread for more information.
    Mr nipples you like to tinker, how did you become such great friends with Rohit?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post
    Mr nipples you like to tinker, how did you become such great friends with Rohit?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Mr nipples....classic! lol
    Notion Ink ADAM LCD/wifi
    Cromnia Rom was my favorite.
    Loved using VEGAn-GE-Adam.
    Currently running Jelly Bean - Beta 1

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post
    I've only had 3 emails from Rohit. I had been corresponding with Rohan and told him I'd like some confirmation of my technical analysis of the Adam. Like other efforts, I surmise that Rohan would very much like to see full Linux support in the main-line kernel, which is my objective.

kwilson73 and myself have spent the last few weeks doing an in-depth reverse-engineering of an Adam and identification of every significant component in it and collection of the datasheets for each - a very difficult task for some components as you probably know.
    Rohan put Rohit in contact with me and I pointed him to our work to get confirmation that our results so far are correct. I also asked several specific questions based on the reverse-engineering of the electronic circuits and Rohit responded with some circuit diagrams to help us in respect of additional external antennas and components required to ensure the FM RX functionality can be made to work.

Once we've completed phase 1 of our Adam documentation project we will reveal the project web-site to everyone. It is in a state of flux right now since it began in a Wiki but is being moved into a CMS for better performance presentation and organisation.

I'll also be documenting my add-on module that will expose the serial port, JTAG, microphone and 3G auxiliary, WiFi/BT diversity, and FM RX antennas on an external connector for those that want to tinker along with me in a professional way.

The main purpose of the project is, however, to ensure that the Adam is fully supported in a standard mainline Linux kernel. We are documenting everything in preparation for beginning the task of writing mainline Linux drivers for each component that isn't already supported. The debug connector is one step on the way to help that effort.
    Last edited by IntuitiveNipple; 06-07-2012 at 12:46 PM.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to IntuitiveNipple For This Useful Post:

Adama77 (09-23-2012), blazingwolf (06-07-2012), Borkata (06-08-2012), David_J (06-24-2012), Gallan (06-07-2012), GreenI (06-07-2012), Macktion (06-07-2012), Net_storm (05-21-2013), Nosanon (08-09-2012), rsidd (06-08-2012), Spaniard United (06-07-2012)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads