Thread: Eden 1.5 not gingerbread?

Thanks

Eden 1.5 not gingerbread?

Just read the Notion Ink blog, and it looks like it's saying that Eden 1.5 will be out tonight while the gingerbread update will come Wednesday. So 11.5 isn't built on gingerbread? I'm a little confused here, can someone clear this up?

Thanks
    it looks that way I think they're still planning to try and skip most of Gingerbread.

awesome SE Xperia Play gaming goodness.
    emulators up and running PSX/GBA/N64/SNES/Genesis(Mega Drive).

Thanks
    I kind of want gingerbread cause it has some cool features, but mostly I just want EdenX to get updated

Thanks
    yeah it's pretty neat got 2.3 on my phone way nicer than froyo, if Honeycomb is coming soon though seems pointless to put work and effort into something that's only gonna be in use for a month.

awesome SE Xperia Play gaming goodness.
    emulators up and running PSX/GBA/N64/SNES/Genesis(Mega Drive).

Regular
    Thanks
    Seems Wednesday will release a Ginger Bread beta, you could always install that.

Out of interest, what are the improvements for Ginger over Froyo?

Thanks
    Gingerbread adds some api stuff, and some cool acceleration and option features but those last ones are included on a per rom basis so it's up to Notion Ink. But more importantly it's newer and a little more refined from what I hear

Regular
    Thanks
    whats kind of freaking me out is that no mention of any kernal updates have been mentioned. i dont think its coming tonight or wed and perhaps they are waiting for honeycomb. and if im not mistaken without the kernal updates camera and gps issue and bad battery life issues would not be fixed. RIGHT?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBenji View Post
    Seems Wednesday will release a Ginger Bread beta, you could always install that.

Out of interest, what are the improvements for Ginger over Froyo?
    On my stock Nexus One I noticed a number of improvements with the GB update:
    1) Much faster boot sequence, and I can go for weeks without HAVING to reboot (had to do it once a DAY with Froyo). The sleep function (using the power button) is MUCH more efficient.
    2) Much nicer stock kb
    3) notification bar and icons are smaller, generally everything just looks "crisper". (admittedly,the Nexus One has a gorgeous screen)
    4) Apps such as Youtube, etc. work perfectly. (and the N1 has netflix which is also very nice)

As for what's under the hood, I've never even been tempted to look... I've never had a FC, a wifi, GPS/Nav, Camera issue or any of the other countless problems that plague my adam
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

Thanks
    the gingerbread update would mean a new kernel, not sure if those problem will be addressed but this is a major change for the kernel. Also I've found the only issue with the battery life is while it's in stand-by, which isn't as important to me as the life will running (which I've seen at around 10 hours of continuous software video decoding).

Regular
    Thanks
    One of the nice things about GB over Froyo: way better copy/paste UI. There are a number of nice touches that you don't really notice after a while, but the whole thing is quite a bit more polished than Froyo.

I think its good that NI is releasing their GB work even if its not finished. I'm looking forward to pacifying myself with it (and the magic the devs do with it) while waiting for HC. Who knows? Depending on how well HC goes the GB ROMs might be viable alternatives for some of us.

Remove Ads