Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrupted internal sd card - WTF?!

Thanks
    Weird....I was coming from Eden X to Beast.

Not too long after I received it, it bricked itself and I had to use CWM to get back in. About 2 weeks ago, I don't use it for 2 days and I just get black screens. I had to nv flash it. Now I get this.

I was having problems on Eden X but I can't remember if I got the sd card error while last in it. I switched to Beast rom and I know for sure I was having the sd card issue in Beast. I have no idea what's causing it.

Now when I boot into android I immediately get a force close "android.process.acore". I tried checking it in ubuntu but I get errors. I'm going to try and install another rom and see if that helps.

Dealing with shitty software is one thing, but the hardware seems to constantly randomly run into all sorts of problems as well. I'm satisfied with my Adam when it's functioning, but it's had way too much down time for such a new device. Definitely not worth the money.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by footclan View Post
    Weird....I was coming from Eden X to Beast.

Not too long after I received it, it bricked itself and I had to use CWM to get back in. About 2 weeks ago, I don't use it for 2 days and I just get black screens. I had to nv flash it. Now I get this.

I was having problems on Eden X but I can't remember if I got the sd card error while last in it. I switched to Beast rom and I know for sure I was having the sd card issue in Beast. I have no idea what's causing it.

Now when I boot into android I immediately get a force close "android.process.acore". I tried checking it in ubuntu but I get errors. I'm going to try and install another rom and see if that helps.

Dealing with shitty software is one thing, but the hardware seems to constantly randomly run into all sorts of problems as well. I'm satisfied with my Adam when it's functioning, but it's had way too much down time for such a new device. Definitely not worth the money.
    I had an internal SDCard problem coming back from CWM. Win 7 repaired the card and I was then able to NVFlash the recovery rom ... Then EdenX. All good now.

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus S GT-i9023 Unlocked, rooted [CNA (Mod) 2.0.0-RC2 Android 4.0.4 IMM76D/Matr1x-CFS-V21.5, OnDemand~Deadline 200-1000Mhz/XXKL1] --- Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, Unlocked, rooted, 18392QM 0080_ROW, [Android 3.1, OTA 2.5, OnDemand~Noop] --- Google Nexus One Unlocked, rooted [fireb33 GRK39FV2] --- NI Adam WiFi LCD Unlocked, rooted [Android 4.0.4 CM9 Beta5]

Thanks
    OK, a couple of thoughts on this.

You mentioned CWM. When you unbricked the Adam, did you reinstall CWM right away, or did you try to run it on the NI stock rom for a while first? Just want to figure out if the problems exist without CWM installed. I've had problems with it, and seen a number of references to problems related to it.

Last night, it occurred to me that the problem could be in the system partition, and not on the internal SD card. If you do have problems with stock rom after NV flash without CWM, then it is possible the problem is on the system partition of the SD card where the OS and apps are installed. I expect this is formatted as a linux partition, and windows will not see it. I am not sure if a linux computer would be able to see those partitions and possibly be able to fix them.

I am going to try it out on a laptop running linux later today, and I'll let you know if I can see the system partition. I defer to those more knowledgeable about this, though.

Good Luck

Gator
    If it aint broke, hit it harder

Thanks
    I tried running it on the stock rom and yes the problems are still there. As of late, the Adam doesn't show up in windows explorer, only in disk management. I tried other roms and nothing yet. Cyanogen works best. Normally after a recovery, android asks me what launcher to use and that causes it to freeze. With Cyanogen, I can make selections and it seems to be working pretty good, but the sd card notification is still there and I can't format.

In ubuntu, sometimes Adam pops up mounted as a drive, but I can't access it. When it's unmounted, it gives me various errors when attempting to format. I ran the "check and repair filesystem" and it says there was no errors.

I think you may be right about it not being the card itself.....I think I've used nv flash twice.

Thanks
    OK, one more (desperate) idea. Do a recovery NV flash back to stock rom, boot to recovery and clear the cache and do a factory reset. You might also want to try a hard reset (recessed button near the sim slot). Then install Beast 2.2.1 via update.zip from the external SD card. Do not install CWM. See if things get better.

Assuming the issues with the corrupt SD card persist, you can try swapping the internal and external SD cards with the toggle function. Then see if things improve. If you still have the problems with the SD cards swapped, the Adam may just be defective.

Hope you can get this fixed,

Gator
    If it aint broke, hit it harder

Thanks
    I've tried that already. What I want to try now is going back to stock, waiting until "prepping sd card" turns into "corrupt sd card" and then seeing how ubuntu sees it.

I was using CWM to try and recover. I was mounting it through CWM and trying to format it as I had been told that's how someone else solved the problem. I've been using stock recovery for most of my trials.

I honestly forgot completely about the hard reset button...it did nothing though. I'll try beast again though after I try stock.

I've seen other people post about problems similar to this but I seem to be the only one (for now) that hasn't solved it. Thanks for all your help thus far.

First Post
    Thanks
    I am the owner of a Notion LCD, 3G, Wifi. I received it in march, 2011.
    I have experienced a similar problem as you. I solved it in the following way (I found a reference in another forum:

http://www.notionaddicts.com/forums/...-SD-card-quot?

I have installed Clockworkmod 3.0.1.4. I fixed permissions, I wiped out (cache, Dalvik Cache, Battery Stats, and "wipe data/factory reset" (WATCH OUT because it will erase all your personal data).
    I had a doubt regarding the partition of the SD card. I got Serveral options (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M, 4096M) and I was not sure which one I should select.

I did choose 1024M, 0M of swap and that is it. Then "Reboot System now". After the reboot the SD Card internal was working again normally and it was recognized again by sniffer, etc.

Regards,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fjherna1 For This Useful Post:

Ren o Blade (01-23-2012)

First Post
    Thanks

Thanks a Lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by fjherna1 View Post
    I have experienced a similar problem as you. I solved it in the following way (I found a reference in another forum:

"Damaged SD card"

I have installed Clockworkmod 3.0.1.4. I fixed permissions, I wiped out (cache, Dalvik Cache, Battery Stats, and "wipe data/factory reset" (WATCH OUT because it will erase all your personal data).
    I had a doubt regarding the partition of the SD card. I got Serveral options (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M, 4096M) and I was not sure which one I should select.

I did choose 1024M, 0M of swap and that is it. Then "Reboot System now". After the reboot the SD Card internal was working again normally and it was recognized again by sniffer, etc.

Regards,
    Thanks a lot!! I also had this error and followed your steps and started working fine now..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fjherna1 View Post

"Damaged SD card"

Regards,
    Hi and THX,

you have saved my adam! I have done what you have written and it works!!!!!

I think it was the partition what makes the diference! after that i did the factory reset and all works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12