Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loud white noise

Thanks

loud white noise

Hi. I wonder if anyone sees (or hears) the same, and maybe found a solution:

I use the Adam with Beast 2.2.1, but the same issue appeared with all earlier ROMs, including Notion Ink's original ones: every now and then, the Adam gives what sounds like white noise at maximum volume. It's very awful and very loud. Goes away after 20..40s most of the time, but typically comes back soon after. Sleep and wake-up doesn't help (although the Adam is quiet while sleeping); a reboot is the only way to gain peace for some while.

This happened quite often with the original NI ROMs, and it appears to happen less and less with every new Beast ROM (with every new NI kernel?). Notion Ink support shrugged shoulders at this.

From the "feel of it," I'd say it's a software issue, but can't be sure of course. I have not yet been able to correlate the symptom to any reproducible events, such as WiFi hiccups, use of media players, different keyboard applications, and some such.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Thanks
    I do get a loud crackeling click kind of sound now and again. But it is a very sort sound.

What can I say ...I like my adam pqiwifi..
    Running delicious JellyBean

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bernd View Post
    Hi. I wonder if anyone sees (or hears) the same, and maybe found a solution:

I use the Adam with Beast 2.2.1, but the same issue appeared with all earlier ROMs, including Notion Ink's original ones: every now and then, the Adam gives what sounds like white noise at maximum volume. It's very awful and very loud. Goes away after 20..40s most of the time, but typically comes back soon after. Sleep and wake-up doesn't help (although the Adam is quiet while sleeping); a reboot is the only way to gain peace for some while.

This happened quite often with the original NI ROMs, and it appears to happen less and less with every new Beast ROM (with every new NI kernel?). Notion Ink support shrugged shoulders at this.

From the "feel of it," I'd say it's a software issue, but can't be sure of course. I have not yet been able to correlate the symptom to any reproducible events, such as WiFi hiccups, use of media players, different keyboard applications, and some such.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.
    It happens with my Adam as well, but not very often, maybe once a week. Some folks related it to a non activated FM receiver in the Adam.
    Pqi, 3g, Beast 2.2.1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laszlok53 View Post
    It happens with my Adam as well, but not very often, maybe once a week. Some folks related it to a non activated FM receiver in the Adam.
    Pqi, 3g, Beast 2.2.1
    At least I am not alone, that's good to know. Maybe it annoys one of the devs, too.

Thanks
    I find it happens more after something has locked up. If I restart, it goes away until, there is a good lockup again.

Thanks
    I have the same problem. Running Beast 2.2, but same on EdenX & Eden. Anything that requires sound sets off an approx 10-20 s burst.
    As you say, reboot cures, but I have found that often if I long press power, then press back to cancel power off, then go into sleep mode, wait few seconds and wake, then normal sound returns. Does not work everytime but only takes a few seconds to try.

Thanks
    I was hoping one of the updates had fixed this but it happened to me yesterday in the middle of a meeting and, then came back after I thought I had fixed. Kind of embarrassing in a room full of people trying to listen to eachother! Then, I turned it on today and it happened again. It had been awhile since I had heard it, but I guess it is still there. Anyone still have this happening?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Very odd. Most of the time the fm receivers don't activate until there is functioning application and a headset is plugged in to create an antenna and activate the fm receiver.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Thanks
    I found a two-step solution to this problem: I installed the latest original Notionink Eden 1.5 software (replacing Beast). The noise hasn't occurred since, but this could be a coincidence of course. But then, I installed Eden 1.5 only in preparation of selling my Adam. I still think its a nice device, but its nowhere near as sexy as I had hoped it would be. This noise issue certainly contributes a great deal to the lack of sexyness.

Thanks
    That loud white noise comes from my lcd 3g once and a while too. Found no corelation yet, other then it happens at home.
    It occurs rarely though, so when it occurs it scares the hell out of me and turning it off seems to be the only thing to make it go away and stay away.
    Would love to know what is triggering it, to make me feel more at ease in using adam in the office and in meetings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads