Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Life

First Post
    Thanks

Battery Life

The reviews all say battery life is pretty impressive. What's this about no backlight battery life being different?
    Is the battery life really that good?
    I'm primarily interested in battery life when reading ebooks or using a browser to read websites (probably low bandwidth, high text blogs).
    Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect with regard to this?

Thanks
    Well, I haven't tested it to see exactly what the battery life is, but I can tell you for sure that when you have it in PiQ mode, the battery drain is significantly lower than when the back light is on. If you look at what uses the battery life of pretty much any android device, the backlight is usually 30-50% of it. So you can get significantly better life if you have the back light turned off.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Supaiku View Post
    The reviews all say battery life is pretty impressive.
    where ??

they must have quoted the listed specs ... as I and many others can tell you ... we were lied to about the posted claimed.

a small percentage are happy with their results ... the majority of us got robbed on that claimed !
    Adam Pixel Qi/3G/WiFi & Adam Regular LCD/3G/WiFi -->> ( both are on Beast ROM v2.1.3
    Acer A500
    -->> 1.016.05_COM_GEN1 ( Kernel 2.6.36.3-00001-gf991e5d ) Still UNROOTED

Regular
    Thanks
    I'm one of the people that don't have an issue with battery life, unsurprisingly those that are unhappy are more likely to be vocal about it.

If you're not using it turn off GPS, Wireless and Blue tooth also insure you're screen isn't full brightness (unless that's how want it). Also many applications allow you to change brightness (so films I have high brightness and reading I use a lower setting).

I'm undecided about reading on the Adam, definitely better for A4 sized documents and wonderful for comics (not usable on 6" eBook reader screens). For novels it's taking me a bit to get used to with the extra size of the page (have Sony Reader but haven't picked it up since getting Adam so can't be that bad). PiQi screen is good with decent light source, especially out in the sun for many things not just reading.

Thanks
    My battery, by every way I measure is just 15-16 Wh not the specified 24,5. Using Adam for browsing the net with backlight on gives about 4 - 4,5 hours, not more.

I tried the tricks I learned for my Desire: charging it full, switching on the device, switching it off after 2 minutes, and charging while switched completely oiff for 0,5 - 1 hour. It looks like I get about 15% better life length. Or it is just placebo?
    Somebody to try and confirm / defeat?

I run Beast 2.2.1, Pqi 3g.

Thanks
    My battery lasts around 7 hrs with constant use and I have not tested it out on how it would last with much standby time as it is my main use computer and it is constantly in use.

What can I say ...I like my adam pqiwifi..
    Running delicious JellyBean

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucky View Post
    My battery lasts around 7 hrs with constant use and I have not tested it out on how it would last with much standby time as it is my main use computer and it is constantly in use.
    I read it on other forums, that the Adams might have been produced with different batteries, with or without NIs kowledge. Supposing that the fabric in China just mounted in some cheaper crap (to save money or just because of that was available?).

This looks like a possible explanation - if it is really so. But what do we do then? Sending the Adam back? Trying to change it on our own? Accepting the facts?

Thanks
    Possibly in the batch of batteries used there were some bad ones. It might well be the case.
    What to do about it is up to the people with the bad batteries.
    I do think it is a minority however, people with a problem write about it and those that experience no problems often do not write. So I do think it is not a generally occuring issue. But I may be mistaken there.
    Only one way to find out...and that is to ask everyone...
    I think expectations of what you think it should be and what is realistic is also very important to the feeling the battery is good or bad.
    Around 7 to 8 hours is not bad, though maybe not what everyone wished for.

What can I say ...I like my adam pqiwifi..
    Running delicious JellyBean

Thanks
    I agree with Pucky. I think the first batch of batteries were bad. I ordered my Adam wifi,3G on the 15th of April and had the first delivery attempt on April 26th.
    No big Problems, battery seams to work fine. Played with my adam yesterday during lunch, my nephew in the afternoon for ca. 2 hrs, and again myself in the evening for ca. 3 hrs.
    Battery still over 50%. Have Edenx installed.

Regular
    Thanks
    Swedmike, good point about the ROM. Putting a new one on does seem to have improved matters for a number of users.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads